+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 10/18/11 ****Spoilers****

FORT Regular

Re: Show Discussion 10/18/11 ****Spoilers****

Warning, spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case anyone didn't notice, in the preview the person who gained five pounds had the scale illuminated gray and you can see the bottom of the 2s in their current weight. Considering this (Sunny's current weight is 227 + 5 = 232) and the fact that Sunny lost an unreal amount of weight (14 pounds) this week, Sunny is definitely the person who will gain 5 pounds next week. This will probably mean that the group will not lose the weight needed for all of them to be safe and someone from the Black Team will finally go home.

FORT Fanatic

I agree about Bonnie... she just needs to go. Although I'm not sure her life experiences have anything to do with it... I think she just doesn't like being told what to do, especially by a young, fit, beautiful trainer like Anna. I like Anna and think she is sweet. I don't think she works her hard enough! I think Bonnie is like the twin cops that were on (can't remember their names... it was a season or two ago), she just wants to do this her own way at home, although I'm not sure she has learned much of anything at the rance because she doesn't want to get with the program.

I did laugh at Sunny's home town visit. I live very close to her and have been to both the BBQ place and the place they did the bull riding. I always laugh that whenever they show Texas they have to show the "cowboy" side of things... Frisco is just a large urban city... they seem to find the only patches of undeveloped land for these shows!

CCL

I wouldn't have expected the blue team to do much better as it is harder generally to lose weight when you are older. Regarding Bonnie, she had a bigger number last week so I guess she felt happy with the four. I would have thought she would have expressed some worry about Becky being able to cover her numbers but I guess not (or not shown).
    I wouldn't be surprised if Antone waterloaded/didn't try as hard this week as he *only* lost four pounds. Would make sense as his weight wasn't counting in the weigh-in and maybe he figured, if his team was up for elimination, he was not going to be the target (probably figuring it would be Jennifer).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    Warning, spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case anyone didn't notice, in the preview the person who gained five pounds had the scale illuminated gray and you can see the bottom of the 2s in their current weight. Considering this (Sunny's current weight is 227 + 5 = 232) and the fact that Sunny lost an unreal amount of weight (14 pounds) this week, Sunny is definitely the person who will gain 5 pounds next week. This will probably mean that the group will not lose the weight needed for all of them to be safe and someone from the Black Team will finally go home.
    Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I had to chuckle to myself when Dulvette was mad at Vinny for naming his belly and said that cancer patients don't name their tumors. I'm sure in most instances that is true, except in the case of my friend's husband. He was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor (passed out at work and it was discovered). His chances of surviving were not very good. I told her she had to keep her chin up and make sure she laughed every day. They ended up naming the tumor Frankie (Frankentumor) and everytime he went for radiation she would post that they were shrinking Frankie. Frankie became like part of the family in conversation. She said without laughter she would have cried 24/7 seeing how sick her husband became. But in the end, after about a year, Frankie is gone and he has a clean bill of health! I don't think Vinny was laughing at is belly because it was particularly funny, but the other side of the coin is getting depressed about it like others do. Different people deal with things in different ways. Time to shrink Cecil, Vinny!
    I was diagnosed with bladder cancer two years ago and my tumor's name was Bluto! He was swiftly evicted and not invited back...so far two years - no return!! May Bluto and Frankie rot in you know where!!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I agree about Bonnie... she just needs to go. Although I'm not sure her life experiences have anything to do with it... I think she just doesn't like being told what to do, especially by a young, fit, beautiful trainer like Anna. I like Anna and think she is sweet. I don't think she works her hard enough! I think Bonnie is like the twin cops that were on (can't remember their names... it was a season or two ago), she just wants to do this her own way at home, although I'm not sure she has learned much of anything at the rance because she doesn't want to get with the program.
    The police officers couldn't deal with Jillian yelling at them. The police typically are the ones who do the yelling. At least they left the ranch. Bonnie will only leave when she's voted off. What would it have been like if Jillian had been Bonnie's trainer? Maybe Bonnie would have refused to exercise. I don't know what the show would do in that case. Bonnie is childlike.
    JulieAnn likes this.

FORT Fogey

It is hard to figure out Bonnie's situation. She has a knee that needs surgery and it isn't clear how much pain she is in vs being fearful that she will damage it further. Or she doesnt like to push herself and using her knee as an excuse when she gets to the burn, as Anna suggested. Assuming the doctor gave her an okay to proceed with the training, I think we can assume she is not doing more harm but working it. She has not been ordered by the doctor to work in the pool like whatshername. She needs to go in any case. She took a slot from someone willing to push it and that is not good.

I agree about Bonnie. She needs to go. I think her problem is that Anna is younger than her and so is her teammate. She has serious complex issues. In a way she reminds me those older women who sit around and do nothing but gossip and whine and only see the glass half empty and has to nick pick at everything and nothing is ever good enough. She wants to make everyone around her miserable because she is.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here is the updated standings for a total, not just this episode:

Black Team 17.37%
    Jennifer 330/274/-56/16.97%
    John 445/354/-91/20.45%
    Sunny 277/227/-50/18.05%
    Antone 447/377/-70/15.66%
    Joe 345/294/-54/15.52%

Red Team 13.12%
    Courtney 270/231/-39/14.44%
    Patrick 387/350/-37/9.56% eliminated 10/4/11 3rd episode
    Jessica 254/213/-41/16.14% eliminated 10/18/11 5th episode
    Vinny 426/372/-54/12.68%
    Ramon 355/304/-51/14.37%

Blue Team 8.85%
    Becky 238/204/-34/14.29%
    Debbie 239/233/-6/2.51% eliminated 9/20/11 1st epidsode
    Mike 309/268/-41/13.27% eliminated 10/11/11 4th episode
    Bonnie 254/229/-25/9.84%
    Johnny 328/313/-15/4.57% eliminated 9/27/11 2nd episode

So John and Sunny are in first and second place overall. I'm really shocked that Ramone and Antone aren't in the lead with their size. Especially Antone with being a former pro athlete.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree about Bonnie. She needs to go. I think her problem is that Anna is younger than her and so is her teammate. She has serious complex issues. In a way she reminds me those older women who sit around and do nothing but gossip and whine and only see the glass half empty and has to nick pick at everything and nothing is ever good enough. She wants to make everyone around her miserable because she is.
    I was rooting for Bonnie but she has lost my support...big time. She isn't taking ownership of any of the conflict between her and Anna... the mantra is that it is all Anna's fault that there is conflict between them. And yet, I see Anna trying to reach out to Bonnie to get beyond this conflict and all Bonnie does is shut her out.

Other thoughts that roamed through my mind as I watched the show:
    * I wonder if the players get extra money for shilling for the sponsors or if it is part of their regular pay scale for being on the ranch.
    *I loved seeing all of the cowboys in the background watching Bob and Sunny doing their workouts. Maybe I'm jaded because I find location shooting an inconvenience because it means streets, sidewalks, stores/churches/etc. are blocked off and all the parking taken by the production trucks but for most people, seeing filming really is a magical thing.
    *I was delighted to see how well Courtney had done at home
    *I am glad that they aren't showing all of the drama this season (I had stopped watching BL because of it) but then stuff comes out of left field--all of sudden we find out that Jennifer has alienated everyone and likes to stir up the pot AND Bonnie suddenly hates Anna. Did these guys tick off the producers and editors?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast