+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 10/18/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: Show Discussion 10/18/11 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    This is the first time I haven't liked her. It's like Bob said...the trainers aren't there to make friends, they are there to push them. I like how he backed Anna up.
    Same here. I had her back the first episode, when Debbie (?) jumped on her & have tried to keep supporting her, but she's been growing irritating. Tonight she passed irritating so, as far as I'm concerned, she can go anytime. Anna & Becky can carry on without her. (Wouldn't it be funny if Becky hung in & won the thing? LOL!)

Red team up for elimination but Jessica has immunity.

So...by the way they are talking one of the guys will be going home. Wonder if the girls will stick together. Guess we'll see.

Elimination:

Jessica votes for Courtney b/c she is more medically fit and Courtney is mad but not surprised.
    Courtney votes for Vinny b/c lowest weight loss overall on team and he isn't happy.
    Vinny votes for Courtney b/c Ramone is his best friend.
    Ramon votes for Courtney b/c Vinny is his best friend.

So, Courtney is going home and Dulvette will not be happy b/c she doesn't have the support at home and doesn't have the mental attitude yet.
    Last edited by mandmmom2; 10-18-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Same here. I had her back the first episode, when Debbie (?) jumped on her & have tried to keep supporting her, but she's been growing irritating. Tonight she passed irritating so, as far as I'm concerned, she can go anytime. Anna & Becky can carry on without her. (Wouldn't it be funny if Becky hung in & won the thing? LOL!)
    So far I really like Becky so I'm good with her winning it all. I really don't have anyone that I'm rooting for yet. But like I said I like Becky for some reason. I like Sunny too but there is something about Becky I like....but that could all change next week.
    Shoepie and JulieAnn like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

My computer is slow tonight!! RRRR!!!

Courtney is down to 205 and looks amazing!!! She is so pretty.

Next week on BL...halloween comes to the BL....

CCL

I wanted the blue team to lose just so Bonnie could go home. Cannot stand her.
    What's the backstory with Jennifer? Out of nowhere they are talking about how she alienated herself in the house and Antoine is suggesting she needs a team of doctors...I need details.
    Shoepie likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I wanted the blue team to lose just so Bonnie could go home. Cannot stand her.
    What's the backstory with Jennifer? Out of nowhere they are talking about how she alienated herself in the house and Antoine is suggesting she needs a team of doctors...I need details.
    Thank you! I thought I had missed something too. We haven't seen anything of Jennifer aside from her working out in the pool and hearing Bob sing her praises about still losing while nursing an injury. Is this coming out of left field or what? I can't imagine the producers not using drama if they have the footage. If there is anything they like it's drama!

I had to chuckle to myself when Dulvette was mad at Vinny for naming his belly and said that cancer patients don't name their tumors. I'm sure in most instances that is true, except in the case of my friend's husband. He was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor (passed out at work and it was discovered). His chances of surviving were not very good. I told her she had to keep her chin up and make sure she laughed every day. They ended up naming the tumor Frankie (Frankentumor) and everytime he went for radiation she would post that they were shrinking Frankie. Frankie became like part of the family in conversation. She said without laughter she would have cried 24/7 seeing how sick her husband became. But in the end, after about a year, Frankie is gone and he has a clean bill of health! I don't think Vinny was laughing at is belly because it was particularly funny, but the other side of the coin is getting depressed about it like others do. Different people deal with things in different ways. Time to shrink Cecil, Vinny!

Previews for next week: Yowza! Now we know why Jessica voted off her best friend!

Also if I were the black team I would have done some serious waterloading since their weight didn't count anyway. Yes, Bob would have been mad, but the point is to stay on the ranch as long as possible so I would have done it anyway.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 10-18-2011 at 10:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Thank you! I thought I had missed something too. We haven't seen anything of Jennifer aside from her working out in the pool and hearing Bob sing her praises about still losing while nursing an injury. Is this coming out of left field or what? I can't imagine the producers not using drama if they have the footage. If there is anything they like it's drama!

I had to chuckle to myself when Dulvette was mad at Vinny for naming his belly and said that cancer patients don't name their tumors. I'm sure in most instances that is true, except in the case of my friend's husband. He was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor (passed out at work and it was discovered). His chances of surviving were not very good. I told her she had to keep her chin up and make sure she laughed every day. They ended up naming the tumor Frankie (Frankentumor) and everytime he went for radiation she would post that they were shrinking Frankie. Frankie became like part of the family in conversation. She said without laughter she would have cried 24/7 seeing how sick her husband became. But in the end, after about a year, Frankie is gone and he has a clean bill of health! I don't think Vinny was laughing at is belly because it was particularly funny, but the other side of the coin is getting depressed about it like others do. Different people deal with things in different ways. Time to shrink Cecil, Vinny!

Previews for next week: Yowza! Now we know why Jessica voted off her best friend!

Also if I were the black team I would have done some serious waterloading since their weight didn't count anyway. Yes, Bob would have been mad, but the point is to stay on the ranch as long as possible so I would have done it anyway.

I agree the black team should have water loaded! Perfect opportunity and a great stratedgy.

Yes, humor is key in dealing with serious illness. Great story about Frank, thanks. Vinny is right on the money with this.

So you think Jessica saw Courtney as a threat and that is why she voted for her? I watch this show with liberal FF and this slipped by me.

Jennifer is an enigma; we have no clue as to why no one is bonding with her. Bob may have said why, but the rain blocked out a chunk of the show for me (dish) and it cut out just as he mentioned she had alienated herself. Did he elablorate on why?
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-19-2011 at 07:22 AM.

I assume the previews for next week are open to discussion, so I apologize if they aren't. Just incase, highlight to read:In the previews they showed Jessica and Ramon on what appeared to be a picnic and they were kissing and Ramon said "I love you". Wow- didn't see that coming. I hope that worked- I'm not sure how to make spoiler tags.

Only saw the weight in. It sorta pissed me off/felt off/ when Bonnie only lost 4 lbs and expected Becky to take up the slack and lose over 7lbs. It feels as if Bonnie is coat tailing, expecting others to help her. I am surprised that Bonnie is not getting better results. Is she not working out that hard, not eating right? Something just doesn't sit right with me about her.
    NFL1, NCLurker, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

When this show first started I guess I expected the seniors to do much better then they did. I figured with their life experiences they could keep to the discipline of the diet and exercise program and do quite well. The Black Team seems to have fit this assumption the Blue Team not so much. I wonder if there had been more 50 somethings instead of 60 somethings if the Blue Team would have been more successful?

On the other hand, I am surprised at the 20 somethings. I guess the assumption is that the 20 somethings would be the more energetic and most successful physically. But I am thinking we are seeing the generation born in the late 1980's through the 1990's. The generation that was babysat by TV and video games. The generation of High Fructose Corn Syrup. The generation of no recess, no phys ed, no playing outdoors with your friends. The generation of kids who get their exercise by texting and video gaming. The generation that was also told they could do anything and were given everything. The results? The Red Team.
    mandmmom2 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast