+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 10/4/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: Show Discussion 10/4/11 ****Spoilers****

I've noticed for a long time that the women they pick for this show tend to be taller than average and while quite heavy they have very pretty faces that don't seem to be that fat at the beginning of the season and have longer legs. Do I think they are looking for a certain body type. Yes I thought that was rather obvious from the beginning of this show. While I see very many pear shaped females very rarely do I see the top heavy skinny legged ones.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Do you think, though, that may be in part because a woman with that noticeable of an apple shape isn't in the morbidly obese category? If you're 300 lbs+, you probably don't have legs that would be considered "skinny". A lot of those apple-shaped skinny-legged women are also older, and there probably aren't that many in that demographic who could handle a TBL season.

No question, though, that the producers cast the prettier women. Like all reality shows do.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I've seen some pretty big apple shaped women. I have also seen some some that are huge on the bottom and almost normal from the waist up. Sometimes the way fat is stored on a person is weird. But I think visually the Biggest Loser producers are slanted to a taller 5'6" plus female who doesn't have a huge double chin. Very gender biased as they don't seem to care too much about the men's hieght or shape.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

If my numbers are correct, John is still in the lead for the most percentage lost at 15.73% total. The top spot for the girls is Jessica at 12.99%. Wonder what will happen tonight.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234