+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Premiere Show Thread 9/21/11 ***Spoiler***

FORT Fogey

Re: Premiere Show Thread 9/21/11 ***Spoiler***

I am SO glad this show is back on - and with new trainers. I've been on a bit of a weight loss journey myself. It was really helpful to have a season of BL around to help me stay motivated (not the last one, but the one before). Last season did nothing for me. I didn't like he contestants, the format, and while I didn't dislike the new trainers, neither was anything special for me.

The show usually goes in peaks and valleys for me so I'm hopeful that this season will be better than the last so that I will be interested enough to watch and motivated enough to lose (est. 40lbs remaining).

Scary. I think I could have been a contestant on the show. Not good.

Does anyone know why Brett and Cara didn't come back?

I have no clue why they didn't come back. Wondered myself.

Jexter...I've got 30 to loose...trying but having a hard time lately so hoping this season will help me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

CCL

I think the producers didn't like them enough or felt they weren't enough of a draw. They announced Anna's hiring at the end of last year, I presume thinking since she is (relatively) well known, her presence would be good for the show after Jillian's departure. So I guess they needed only one of the two to come back and decided on neither and went with Dolvett. Bit of a shame, in my opinion.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

If the older team keeps Bonnie, and she keeps losing only 4 pounds a week, the older team will be picked off one by one. The team is being kind to her, but it's at their own expense. They should be thinking of their own survival... and everything they can learn while at the ranch. When Bonnie brought up the fact that she lost her husband and house, Debbie told her that everyone has a story. If Bonnie only loses four pounds next week, she will probably tell her sob story again. Also, why can't Bob train everybody?

FORT Fanatic

I have to think that something important was edited out of the elimination discussion for Debbie to suddenly become so harsh with Bonnie about her crying. I mean, please, it seemed like people were crying the entire episode. That's almost what the first week is all about...the reality check and the mourning of "what could have beens" (and the old life, too) so that the determination to succeed in a new life will emerge. Heck, *I* was crying throughout most of the episode!

Based on the editing, I didn't get the impression that Debbie wanted to be there once she realized how intense the workouts were going to be. And then to have only lost another 15 at home, does anyone else get the impression that she is just phoning it in?

I am in the "older" group and am wondering what activity and nutritional adjustments are being made for the peri/post-menopausal women. I know weight loss is possible but, man, I have to tell you, that it sure used to be a whole lot easier for me to drop weight easily than it is for me now. I would love for the show to discuss this issue a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I have to think that something important was edited out of the elimination discussion for Debbie to suddenly become so harsh with Bonnie about her crying. I mean, please, it seemed like people were crying the entire episode. That's almost what the first week is all about...the reality check and the mourning of "what could have beens" (and the old life, too) so that the determination to succeed in a new life will emerge. Heck, *I* was crying throughout most of the episode!

Based on the editing, I didn't get the impression that Debbie wanted to be there once she realized how intense the workouts were going to be. And then to have only lost another 15 at home, does anyone else get the impression that she is just phoning it in?

I am in the "older" group and am wondering what activity and nutritional adjustments are being made for the peri/post-menopausal women. I know weight loss is possible but, man, I have to tell you, that it sure used to be a whole lot easier for me to drop weight easily than it is for me now. I would love for the show to discuss this issue a little bit.
    Couple of my co-workers that watch all said the same thing when I asked. I tend to only watch the weigh ins so don't know all the drama and tears.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I have no clue why they didn't come back. Wondered myself.

Jexter...I've got 30 to loose...trying but having a hard time lately so hoping this season will help me.
    Maybe we can keep each other motivated throughout the season. I dropped a bunch from last July to around April. Then it all stopped. I haven't gained any of it back, but I haven't lost any either. I have a few other things I'm dealing with which hasn't helped, but boy. I think these will be the hardest pounds of them all to lose.

Best of luck to you, mandmmom2. It is NOT easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Maybe we can keep each other motivated throughout the season. I dropped a bunch from last July to around April. Then it all stopped. I haven't gained any of it back, but I haven't lost any either. I have a few other things I'm dealing with which hasn't helped, but boy. I think these will be the hardest pounds of them all to lose.

Best of luck to you, mandmmom2. It is NOT easy.
    That will help us both...to keep each other motivated. It's hard. I lost 60lbs years ago and have gained 30 back. No excuse...I just haven't put myself first when it matters and where it matters....For past year and half it's been about taking care of everyone else. I realized that it's time to take care of myself again. We can do it!!! Good luck!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I'm in the middle-aged group myself, but I can attest that hormones sure do a number on us women as we age. I consider myself pretty active but I definitely can't eat whatever I want anymore, like I did in my 20's. I agree that a bit more focus on the women's challenges would be a good idea. We can see what happens with the former athletes, like Antone and Rulon from last season - they have continued to eat like they're pro athletes, except they went from riding the treadmill to riding the couch. But we haven't had the same kind of insight for "regular" women, who went from cute and trim 20-somethings to birthing babies and juggling jobs and families.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast