+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Debbie - Season 12

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Debbie - Season 12

Debbie, when turned 60, she stopped smoking after 40 years and made a commitment to herself to get healthy. The birth of her three children coupled with an abusive marriage caused her to comfort herself with food and to gain weight through the years. Debbie was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, with her two younger siblings. She never lost the 50 pounds that she gained with her first pregnancy at age 22, marking the beginning of her struggle with weight. In 2002, at over 300 pounds, she tried gastric bypass surgery, but ultimately, she gained back part of the weight she lost. She says her biggest motivation for going on "The Biggest Loser" is to have access to all of the experts - including a nutritionist, doctors and trainers - who can help her to develop a healthy lifestyle. Now a grandmother of six at age 60, Debbie weighs 239 pounds and hopes to have more energy to play with her grandkids and become more of an active participant in life once she loses the weight.

Debbie - Contestants - The Biggest Loser - NBC Site
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: Debbie - Season 12

Goes to show that unless you change your lifestyle and address your emotional issues gastric bypass surgery is not the end all be all as a permanent weight loss solution. Still she got what she wanted access to the doctors, trainers and nutritionist for the duration of the season. Best of Luck.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Goes to show that unless you change your lifestyle and address your emotional issues gastric bypass surgery is not the end all be all as a permanent weight loss solution. Still she got what she wanted access to the doctors, trainers and nutritionist for the duration of the season. Best of Luck.
    I think they just have access to the doctors, trainers and nutritionists while they're at the ranch... so for Debbie, that would have been about two weeks. Then they're on their own. I read that one week of TV time is supposed to equal about two weeks of real time at the ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think they just have access to the doctors, trainers and nutritionists while they're at the ranch... so for Debbie, that would have been about two weeks. Then they're on their own. I read that one week of TV time is supposed to equal about two weeks of real time at the ranch.
    They have access to the doctors, trainers, nutritionist and show producers while at home also. It is in the show's best interest to have the at home contestants be as successful as possible. Once the the season finale is over though, the cast is cut lose. That tends to be much harder on those who stayed on the ranch the longest. Again it is up to the at home folks how intensely they keep to the diet and exercise routine.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    They have access to the doctors, trainers, nutritionist and show producers while at home also. It is in the show's best interest to have the at home contestants be as successful as possible. Once the the season finale is over though, the cast is cut lose. That tends to be much harder on those who stayed on the ranch the longest. Again it is up to the at home folks how intensely they keep to the diet and exercise routine.
    How can doctors or trainers in California help Debbie who is in Detroit?
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 09-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.

I think I read a long time ago that once they are eliminated and go home that the show will find doctors, trainers, etc in the contestants home town (or close) to help them continue on the journey. Some contestants take advantage of this but many don't b/c they have to go back to work and can't seem to find the time. I think that is the biggest issue especially for women b/c we tend to think and feel like we need to do it all....at least I do. After the season is over then they are all on their own.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Telephone, Skype, email, fax etc.... The show producers call the home contestants regularly, the trainers also do so as well as providing training schedules. The nutritionists also call and get food list and vice a verse.

+ Reply to Thread