+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Spoilers

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/17 Show Discussion Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I am happy with any of the final three as winners. They have all done an amazing job of losing weight! The sisters don't bother me one bit, especially in comparison to those in the past contests who were so competitive and vindictive about the other competitors. This has been a great BL with the amount of progress they have all made. They inspire me to not give up. I think for Hannah (who was a college athlete, right?), her self talk reminds me of the kind of speech athletes give or coaches give when they talk about their players. It may seem egotistical, but really, if any of these women ever needed to focus on themselves, it is now.

Those of you who are struggling with the sisters being in the final three, take a look at their "before" pictures - if they are proud of themselves, they deserve to be! All three women have done a great job...
    I have no problem with the purples being proud of themselves. I just want Hannah to shut the heck up, already. Olivia isn't as bad, but Hannah is just always working her way into a frame or talking incessantly. I'll be fine when both lose and another wins. (Go Jay or Irene. Preferably Irene.)

FORT Fan

Generally the Spring season starts filming in early October, so their time from the first day of filming to finale is about 7-8 months. I believe contetants in seasons past have generally said that the total time for losing weight was around 8 months. That doesn't really tell us how much time they have at home because past contestants have also said repeatedly that a week on the show is sometimes more than 7 days of time on the ranch, so they were probably there for longer than 20 weeks. They at least have a month at home, but I'm guessing it's closer to two months. Still those girls don't have a ton of weight left to lose.

I'm hoping that Irene makes it into the finale and is the winner because she's been the biggest loser for weeks now and I just think she deserves it.

There was a past contestant (season 3, I think) who made the finale and dropped out because she was pregnant. She was actually there, but didn't get weighed in. I think this created a lot of flack, so I'm guessing that contestants since then have been told to take preventive measures until after the finale.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls View Post
    There was a past contestant (season 3, I think) who made the finale and dropped out because she was pregnant. She was actually there, but didn't get weighed in. I think this created a lot of flack, so I'm guessing that contestants since then have been told to take preventive measures until after the finale.
    That was Heather, and thing is that she actually was 5 months pregnant by finale so she started to get pregnant while on the ranch towards the end but didn't get a test until she got home. In my opinion, if a woman makes it to the final 4 and gets pregnant before the finale, it is the equivalent of quitting as you are basically giving up your chances and no one else can take your spot. I would sort of understand an eliminated contestant doing it, though.

FORT Regular

Predictions:

It's hard to tell who will win the at-home prize. Since the cheater and/or quitter Rulon is ineligible, there are several contenders:
    1. Austin (really good chance depending on when he weighed-in at 230)
    2. Jay (pretty good chance)
    3. Jen (almost as much of a chance as Jay)
    4. Justin (slight chance depending on how those listed above did)
    5. Arthur (if he kept his head straight and lost a lot of weight at home)
    6. Sarah (small chance but still possible)
    I didn't include Ken in the list because he hardly lost any weight since he left in his at home segment and Courtney because she lost too much uncounted weight before the show started. Moses also is too busy going to New Zealand and exploring his family's history and the others either don't have enough weight to lose (Kaylee, Marci, Deni, and Jesse) or were eliminated too early (Larialmy, Q, Don, Dan, and Ana)

As for who's going to win, I think that Irene will as Hannah and Olivia are far into a normal weight range and she'll obviously beat Jay in the at home vote.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was really hoping that at least one of Irene or Jay would be above the yellow line so I'd have a relatively easy rooting choice for 3rd. I really like that Irene is smiling so much more now!
    Jay's goal would put him at 55% lost I think... if he does it very good chance to win either at home or in the F3. Still quite a few pounds to go to get there though. I like Irene because she's been quietly ahead almost the whole season ... without all the drama queen stuff. And at 5'4" or so for her to get to around 120 is quite reasonable, given where she is now and what a "normal" weight is for her height. I hope whichever doesn't make F3 wins the at home prize, and the one that does wins first place.
    Re the pregnancy thing... I think some of the women who say they are on the show to lose enough to get pregnant probably are not taking precautions at home. And with Olivia's new thin hotter hubby commenting that O looked hot, I can see them hopping in the sack....and not thinking they need to worry. Or caring. Hey, maybe she'll come back pregnant and withdraw and the other 3 will all be in the finale!

FORT Fogey

I thought Olivia's husband looked scary thin. I know it usually takes a while for things to sort of settle though and I am so impressed by his weight loss. The purples are really annoying. Most people on the biggest loser are annoying. These 2 are so beyond the average level of annoying. I like Irene so much because she has been so quiet. I hope she has enough fans to be voted through. She deserves this so much more than the others. She has been doing this alone since the first week and she hasn't had second and third chances like some of the others. Also, the sisters have been within normal weight range for, like, a month now. Irene just became normal this week. I think whichever contestant is voted through will win. The sisters aren't going to be able to lose enough to win the show.

Wouldn't it be amazing if it were Dan or Don?

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    It would be a shocker. I am leaning more towards one of the later exits that will take the at home prize.

My hope is for Irene to win it all. She was the first one to have her partner sent home. She has transformed so much and the confidence she has gained is amazing.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I agree dicechick!!!

I am going to miss Jillian next season....next week will be bittersweet...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    When I saw Dan and Don in the group shot at the end of the episode I thought, "were they really on this season???" It seems as if this season started a year ago!

For the record (and I am probably in the minority here), I am rooting for one of the members of the purple team to win. I actually like them. I have nothing against Irene and she has certainly earned her chance to try for the $250K, but I don't feel like I got to know her like the others. She has been so invisibe this season, which is a shame, because she seems like a really nice girl. I also have nothing against Jay, but I don't really like it when someone has been voted off and gets to come back and try again (on any reality show), so for me I hope he isn't top 3, even though he seems like a very nice guy as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast