+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ****5/2 Show Discussion Spoilers*****

FORT Regular

Re: ****5/2 Show Discussion Spoilers*****

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I do think Irene could win this though. I know she hasn't lost much the past two weeks and that she has already lost a lot of weight but with her height she could still stand to loose more than the other two girls. I'm not sure what her height is but she is shorter than anyone else left.
    I think that this season will all come down to this final week. Right now they are neck and neck in percentages, with Austin in the lead by 0.01%. Irene is slowing down in her weight loss since she is close to a normal weight range (7 pounds away) while Austin still has 47 pounds to go before he is in a normal weiht range. There is a possibility, however, that Austin may have a bad number this last week as he lost so much more than anyone else. If he makes it though, he is certainly going to win. All the girls do not have enough weight left to lose and Jay is too far behind in percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    I think that this season will all come down to this final week. Right now they are neck and neck in percentages, with Austin in the lead by 0.01%. Irene is slowing down in her weight loss since she is close to a normal weight range (7 pounds away) while Austin still has 47 pounds to go before he is in a normal weiht range. There is a possibility, however, that Austin may have a bad number this last week as he lost so much more than anyone else. If he makes it though, he is certainly going to win. All the girls do not have enough weight left to lose and Jay is too far behind in percentages.
    At 5'4" Irene should be about 120 - 125 she still has 30 pounds to go and Austin more like 60 to 70lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

"Normal" weight range is pretty wide. For someone my height (5'3") it's 105-145. So I don't think I would say a person who is 5'4" "should" be 125. She could be around 150 and still "normal weight." It isn't just muscle and fat to take into account, but also bone structure. Someone can be 5'4" and have large bones that bulk them up more and create more weight. I'm not sure, but Irene doesn't look small-boned to me.

And especially with all the muscle they must be building, their weights are probably going to be a little higher than the average person their general shape and size. Just as a personal anecdote, when I went back to school and had to start lugging a heavy backpack around, I gained 7 pounds. My dress size stayed exactly the same, but my body was noticeably different and firmer in a lot of areas. Muscle is denser than fat, so if you burn an inch of fat and replace it with an inch of muscle, your weight is going to go up. (Which is why I think focusing on size instead of weight is usually better.)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet View Post
    "Normal" weight range is pretty wide. For someone my height (5'3") it's 105-145. So I don't think I would say a person who is 5'4" "should" be 125. She could be around 150 and still "normal weight." It isn't just muscle and fat to take into account, but also bone structure. Someone can be 5'4" and have large bones that bulk them up more and create more weight. I'm not sure, but Irene doesn't look small-boned to me.

And especially with all the muscle they must be building, their weights are probably going to be a little higher than the average person their general shape and size. Just as a personal anecdote, when I went back to school and had to start lugging a heavy backpack around, I gained 7 pounds. My dress size stayed exactly the same, but my body was noticeably different and firmer in a lot of areas. Muscle is denser than fat, so if you burn an inch of fat and replace it with an inch of muscle, your weight is going to go up. (Which is why I think focusing on size instead of weight is usually better.)
    I am so glad you didn't say muscle weighs more than fat! That has been thrown around so many times and a pound is still a pound - no matter if it's pennies, feathers, fat or muscle.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet View Post

Irene doesn't look big-boned either and she's also very young and age also determines the wide range in normals. So if we assume that she's somewhere in the middle... between 105 and 145... well, then 125 is just about right.
    I agree that focusing on size instead of weight is better, and Irene is still very curvy for her height. She could lose more easy.

As for the makeovers, the girls sucked and the guys were good. My daughter went so far to say Austin was hot (but she loves Hobbits, so whatever. )
    I hated Hannah's hair and dress, it was a mess.
    I found Olivia looked better in her dress, but I found the hairstyle aged her about ten years and made her look like a politician's wife. Awful.
    I expected Irene to look amazing, not so much.
    The only one who scored a great dress was Aly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    As for the makeovers, the girls sucked and the guys were good. My daughter went so far to say Austin was hot (but she loves Hobbits, so whatever. )
    I hated Hannah's hair and dress, it was a mess.
    I found Olivia looked better in her dress, but I found the hairstyle aged her about ten years and made her look like a politician's wife. Awful.
    I expected Irene to look amazing, not so much.
    The only one who scored a great dress was Aly.
    I agree and love what I bolded!

Hannah had beautiful, shiny brown hair. The bangs look good on her but she should have straight chin to shoulder length hair to pull them off. She looked like she was out of the 70's with both the hair and dress.

The make overs are never good on this show. I think they shop at Sears. And get their hair done there, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Hannah had beautiful, shiny brown hair. The bangs look good on her but she should have straight chin to shoulder length hair to pull them off. She looked like she was out of the 70's with both the hair and dress.
    I just watched this last night.
    I agree on everyone's opinions of the makeovers. I've been thinking how slim & attractive Hanna has been looking, but her makeover was horrible. The hair wasn't at all attractive & looked old fashioned(and not in a good way) & like a bad wig. Her dress was not at all flattering. The skin tight mermaid shape made her look stuffed into it & her hips & legs look huge. Even her face didn't look nearly as attractive as usual. The other 2 women were better, but not much. They just looked out of place in those outfits, and not at all stylish. The whole thing looked like bad 70's prom styles.
    The guys looked much better, but slap a tux on any guy & he'll automatically look better.
    I'm looking more forward to the Finale looks. Hopefully they'll tone it down.......a lot.

I was disappointed that no one went home. This season seems extraordinarily long. Maybe it's because I just don't have a favorite, or anyone I can't stand either. They all seem like nice people.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I actually liked Olivia's cut on her. I am so glad her husband is also on board with his weight loss! I think those two are actually going to be just fine when they start adding to their family. I hope they will be able to continue with their new, healthier lifestyle.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I can't stand the make over episodes. Every year I am hopeful and every year I am disappointed.

they ruined Hannah's hair in my opinion. She is now going to be stuck with roots or having to dye her hair back to its original colour (which was lush). She looked like a stepford wife.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I can't stand the make over episodes. Every year I am hopeful and every year I am disappointed.

they ruined Hannah's hair in my opinion. She is now going to be stuck with roots or having to dye her hair back to its original colour (which was lush). She looked like a stepford wife.
    I agree. It will be 2 years before her hair has grown out to its natural state if she doesnt touch it again. There is plenty of time to color your hair she gray enters the picture; youth is the time to celebrate the lush color you have naturally; you will never have that again. And it didnt look good on her. The style was way off.

As I have said numerous times, in this thread, the makeovers always miss the boat. Small budget, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast