+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

Re: ****4/26 Discussion Spoilers****

I've been reading a lot of speculation about Rulon being disqualified, along with speculation as to what he did, much of which is what's been mentioned here.
    Possibly the reason isn't any one of these things, but ALL of them put together & being warned one too many times. I could see that happening.

Unlike many, I liked Rulon a lot & hoped he'd make it to the end, but it was becoming apparent that something was just off with him. He seemed to be there to lose weight & prove to himself that he could, but that's all. His competitive nature was all it seemed to be about for him.
    He didn't seem to want to address why or how he had gained so much, or really want to change his behavior for the future.
    It all seemed to have a just-here-and-now feel to it for him.
    This show isn't just about weight loss, but about changing your behavior & lifestyle. He just didn't seem to get that part.

I'll be interested to see if he's there for the finale & if he's continued at all on his own. Also I'd like to see what he looks like in 6-12 months from then. Once the competition is over, will he quit & go back to his old habits?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

No way is he there for the fimale. He broke the rules, big time. He is gone. Why does anyone care? I am intertested.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

All this speculation about diet drugs, etc., almost makes you wonder if Rulon DID win and they gave the prize to Tara because they had just found out he was cheating.... Be pretty sad to put a cheater on the Wheaties box....

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    No way is he there for the fimale. He broke the rules, big time. He is gone. Why does anyone care? I am intertested.
    No definitive proof that he broke the rules, but I think the fact that they didn't show any update on him at the end of the show definitely makes it seem more possible. And in one of Ken's interviews he stated that he and Austin had become disgusted with Rulon's attitude and behavior toward everyone at the ranch and had told him to his face that they were no longer in his alliance because of it. He said that is why everyone kept being shown saying "Anyone but Rulon" for winning challenges and such, because of the way he acted. Apparently everyone really wanted him gone. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was breaking the rules, thinking he was above them.

The show was still filming when it started airing, and I noticed a change in Rulon's edit as the season went on. At the beginning he was shown as the Olympic hero, an American hero, and as the season went on they showed more of his confronting other people and bad behavior and less of him in the hero light. His edit never went really bad, but definitely changed. I'm guessing that is because of his behavior on the show as the taping continued.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Love the one hour format - hope they keep it up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Love the one hour format - hope they keep it up.
    Oh I do too. Skip the drama and have more fun challenges (love ones with food) and speed up the weigh ins.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    All this speculation about diet drugs, etc., almost makes you wonder if Rulon DID win and they gave the prize to Tara because they had just found out he was cheating.... Be pretty sad to put a cheater on the Wheaties box....
    Wow....didn't think of that possibility!

Everything I managed to find on Rulon suggests that he was hiding cell phones and making calls home, as well as walking off the ranch at different times. Both of which are not allowed during the show for the contestants. I am sure once the dust settles some version of the truth will emerge.

Well, tomorrow is makeover night and I can't wait!!!!! I hope they are good makeovers!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Well, tomorrow is makeover night and I can't wait!!!!! I hope they are good makeovers!!!
    They never are that great. The clothes are very conservative and make all the women look like they are going to a PTA dinner dance. And often the hair is minimally changed because the women want to keep their length. Ali was an exception. But we can always hope that we get at least one cutting edge, hip look out of it.

+ Reply to Thread