+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** 4/12/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

Re: *** 4/12/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

I have NEVER heard Jillian or Bob congratulate themselves like Kara just did. Just wow!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Moses--another self sacrificing older person.... Asking for daughter to stay in the future... so there will at least be a sister (or two) who feels obligated to help Kaylee, over everyone but her sister.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Moses--another self sacrificing older person.... Asking for daughter to stay in the future... so there will at least be a sister (or two) who feels obligated to help Kaylee, over everyone but her sister.
    Which wouldn't be a bad strategy since Kaylee has no chance of winning the whole thing.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The only vote Olivia gets is from Kaylee of course... Moses is gone.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Moses now 273, so he can bungee jump off the Auckland bridge. He came back with is dad. Brett is back next week.
    Moses looks great.

FORT Fogey

Is there some reason Olivia is still too heavy to have children? I haven't seen every episode, so it's possible they've mentioned she has some other medical condition that makes it imperative that she be much thinner in order to carry a child safely, but honestly, she doesn't seem so much heavier than any number of women I've known who've had multiple kids.

Of course, I'm just also getting very tired of the self-sacrificing older contestant this season. It's gotten to the point now where if anyone over forty said, "Hey, you know, I deserve to be here just as much as a thirty year old does," he/she would be looked on as a terrible person, when it could be the truth.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Irene is leading with almost 37% lost, Austin has 36%, Moses has lost 35%, Olivia, Rulon, Ken, and Hannah have 34%, Jay is at 32%, and Kaylee is only 26%.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Is there some reason Olivia is still too heavy to have children? I haven't seen every episode, so it's possible they've mentioned she has some other medical condition that makes it imperative that she be much thinner in order to carry a child safely, but honestly, she doesn't seem so much heavier than any number of women I've known who've had multiple kids.

Of course, I'm just also getting very tired of the self-sacrificing older contestant this season. It's gotten to the point now where if anyone over forty said, "Hey, you know, I deserve to be here just as much as a thirty year old does," he/she would be looked on as a terrible person, when it could be the truth.
    I agree, I don't see why her weight would be a problem at this point...I mean 35 is not exactly 45! Lots of women get pregnant at that age who are more overweight than she is now. As you say, maybe it's just a contributing factor to her infertility problems.
    Frankly Moses looked as if he had a lot more to lose....healthwise.

Rulon's attitude toward his teammate Jay really pissed me off. What a hypocrite. Don't say anything against your teammates you sneak eater.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

I agree. She could have had a child at her heavier weight even (might have been more prone to complications but others have had children at that weight) but the weight she is at now seems more than reasonable in terms of getting (and staying) pregnant. Unless she has other medical problems in which case I don't see how losing another ten pounds is going to help. And, at 35, she should be rushing home to her husband to get started on making a kid. The only thing is maybe she needs the money for fertility treatment. But she is not going to win the show anyways so....I thought her whole speech was self-serving. And annoying. And then Moses threw himself on the fire so...aggravating overall.

At the vineyard Kaylee and Moses were shown eating fish and drinking water ...pretty healthy choices. But we didn't see what they were eating the rest of the week and I'm sure they were probably staying in a hotel so not making their own meals. Clearly they both struggled with that.

Moses and his father were so cute together. Definitely one of the sweeter reveals the show has had.

I like Cara so I was happy that she felt vindicated at the weigh-in. I didn't find her reaction over-the-top. She clearly feels lesser than the "stars" Bob & Jillian (and Ken pretty much told her as much) so it was sweet for her to emerge victorious when both other trainers had contestants that struggled (mind you, she had Kaylee so...but she proved herself to Ken at least).
    Last edited by CCL; 04-12-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast