+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wouldn't say she didn't need Biggest Loser as the girl needed to lose over 300 pounds and while she lost 100 lbs at home and we don't know how long that took her, she lost another 100 lbs much more quickly with the shows help. With her mom on the show she too learned how to eat right and would be an even better support system at home. I do feel in one sense that Courtney is in a better position to be able to keep her weight off and many of the other contestants because she has done it on her own and with professional help. If she can make it a career, well good for her, and I am not a big fan of hers.
    Certainly the show did accelerate her weight loss but I don't think acceleration is the best thing anyway. But I agree that it accelerated her weight loss. I just think the loss was likely to happen anyway.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    Didn't watch the show this week. Too bad Brett is gone I like him better than Kara. At times it gets hard for me to watch before boredom sets in. The show needs a change, more on food preparations and healthy snacks (instead of just gum). I always enjoy it more when chefs come in and give advise on preparing food that tastes good without all the calories. All the crying segments should be dropped altogether, that really gets old. That time could be better used by chefs knowledgeable about food and diet. It would be more interesting to me anyway. The weigh-ins are a drag as Alison keeps repeating the same thing over and over. If changes aren't made I fear the show is doomed. The show should be no more than an hour unless there is an improvement.
    I agree that this show needs to change. I record it and use FF to view the challenges and weigh in, only. I am not sure if I want to see more of Curtis Stone create hopelessly boring food. More on what they eat, yes, why not. That would be better than the tears.

I would like to see positive attitudes and an overall climate of excitement. Let's see someone in there who will inspire them to the head set that Courtney has. Enough with the tears and poor me. Put Tony Robbins on the payroll and give him a small spot on each show.

It would have been informative to hear what Brett was doing to try and break Coutney's plateau. It didnt work so there is something to be learned.

There is way too much footage in the gym. We get it. And I agree that an hour is plenty. A faster pace is needed.

I have a different take on the contestants morphing into personal trainers, because I've tossed around the idea of becoming a trainer myself. Some people get satisfaction from helping others, and being a trainer can be hugely fulfilling if you take into consideration the fact that you get to see actual results from your work. If you love working with people and you're enthusiastic about promoting healthy eating and exercise, why not? Also, you get to wear workout clothes ALL the time. You get paid for time spent in the gym. Anyone who's had to drudge at office work, retail, or in Courtney's case, food service - well, you can imagine how awesome that sounds.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I have a different take on the contestants morphing into personal trainers, because I've tossed around the idea of becoming a trainer myself. Some people get satisfaction from helping others, and being a trainer can be hugely fulfilling if you take into consideration the fact that you get to see actual results from your work. If you love working with people and you're enthusiastic about promoting healthy eating and exercise, why not? Also, you get to wear workout clothes ALL the time. You get paid for time spent in the gym. Anyone who's had to drudge at office work, retail, or in Courtney's case, food service - well, you can imagine how awesome that sounds.
    I agree. And what a great example for your clients to see someone come from obese to fit. Very inspiring. If they can do that against tremendious odds, I can too. Great place to be when starting with a trainer.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree it makes sense for some, BUT I'd like to see others stay in their regular jobs and still manage to keep the weight off...more inspiration for the rest of us! Not everyone can open a gym, or afford to give up their job/benefits/retirement package to become a trainer in someone else's.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree it makes sense for some, BUT I'd like to see others stay in their regular jobs and still manage to keep the weight off...more inspiration for the rest of us! Not everyone can open a gym, or afford to give up their job/benefits/retirement package to become a trainer in someone else's.
    I think most of them do go back to their regular jobs. Only a few become trainers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think most of them do go back to their regular jobs. Only a few become trainers.
    That is true. Also, these contestants that become trainers have taken off a lot of time from work. Maybe they didn't have a job to go back to and using their "celebrity" to find a new job was what was best. Even so, I would like to believe that the weight can be kept off without adopting training as a career.

I have been watching other weight loss shows recently. They are much better than this one. This show is too long. It only focuses on half the contestants anyway so why do they have to start off with 20? Why is Irene even on this show? If they aren't going to feature some contestants, they shouldn't include so many. I hate it when there are couples who are very similar like the twins or the purple team this year. I cannot tell these pairs apart so it is like eliminating the same person twice. Also, at least half an hour a week is dedicated to emotional nonsense that is repeated over and over again. When Courtney left, there was a 15 minute funeral afterward. I wasn't even that sad about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567