+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

Re: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

i wish Courtney's family would hire her at the gym instead of the DQ.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wouldn't mind an Irene win, seriously, has she ever done an interview? She is one of the quietest people on this show, ever
    I think you may be right. You doesn't say a whole lot if she is interviewed. Kinda reminds of The Bacholor....the F1 is always hidden...oh dear...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a trainer at the gym after the show.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Regular

Yes! I fell asleep on the sofa watching last night because there was so much drawn out. It doesn't seem as supportive to at home watchers who might be looking for ideas as it could be. I'd love for them to address Rulon's binge eating or to talk about Irene's habits which are very much like mine (skip breakfast, lunch and over eat at dinner) my husband calls it my sumo wrestler diet. Real world reality is that people will not be exercising 6 hours a day how about teaching how to live a balanced life in moderation so people stop looking for the quick fix diets.
    Seriously, this week's show was fr too drawn out and they of made time easily for that lightbulb challenge on nbc.com. In case you haven't seen it yet, it involved each team guessing which lightbulb in a table of 200 lights up part of the words BIGGEST LOSER. Courtney got "lucky" and found it on her third lightbulb, Rulon soon after tried a lightbulb in the same area of the table and it worked, and then the Green Team found theirs some time later. What they refused to show, though, was the prize for the winners and the penalty for the losers. In my opinion, they should show all the challenges, for this was not the first time this happened (Week 10 they didn't show a plank position pop challenge).

CCL

I agree. More time on the challenges, less time on the far-too-drawn out weigh-in.

Courtney's picture will probably be plastered all over her family's gym and she will become a 'celebrity' trainer there. It'll be good for them financially.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I"m waiting for DQ to start offering yoghurt again, and become a TBL sponsor!

FORT Fogey

I hate it when contestants become trainers. It sends the message that you can't be fit and have a normal life!
    I wanted Courtney to go a long time ago just because she had been doing so well at home anyway. She didn't need the biggest loser and her mom just went on the show to support her. I thought it took up 2 spots that could have gone to other people who needed it more.

Didn't watch the show this week. Too bad Brett is gone I like him better than Kara. At times it gets hard for me to watch before boredom sets in. The show needs a change, more on food preparations and healthy snacks (instead of just gum). I always enjoy it more when chefs come in and give advise on preparing food that tastes good without all the calories. All the crying segments should be dropped altogether, that really gets old. That time could be better used by chefs knowledgeable about food and diet. It would be more interesting to me anyway. The weigh-ins are a drag as Alison keeps repeating the same thing over and over. If changes aren't made I fear the show is doomed. The show should be no more than an hour unless there is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I hate it when contestants become trainers. It sends the message that you can't be fit and have a normal life!
    I wanted Courtney to go a long time ago just because she had been doing so well at home anyway. She didn't need the biggest loser and her mom just went on the show to support her. I thought it took up 2 spots that could have gone to other people who needed it more.
    I wouldn't say she didn't need Biggest Loser as the girl needed to lose over 300 pounds and while she lost 100 lbs at home and we don't know how long that took her, she lost another 100 lbs much more quickly with the shows help. With her mom on the show she too learned how to eat right and would be an even better support system at home. I do feel in one sense that Courtney is in a better position to be able to keep her weight off and many of the other contestants because she has done it on her own and with professional help. If she can make it a career, well good for her, and I am not a big fan of hers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, I'd like to see people be able to keep their original jobs and still "give back" and help others. On the other hand I don't think scooping ice cream at DQ is that great a career---I'd be fine with her working with her mom at the gym!
    And her mom did indeed need to lose a lot of weight herself--not like Court, but I agree with her that at her weight running a fitness center was just a bad combo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast