+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

CCL

Re: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Bob brought a sample of her's, Olivia's and Moses's favourite junk food lunch. She mentioned that she would skip breakfast be in the library at lunch and then eat a greasy, mayo laden sandwich (possibly chicken burger) with fries for supper. It was just stated and then never addressed.

Logically I know what needs to be done but it is finding ways to do it without feeling deprived that I need. I read somewhere that Celine Dion eats to survive but doesn't derive pleasure from eating. I need some of her DNA.
    Thanks for the explanation tbamom.
    Yeah, I always find it funny how some contestants during challenges will be all "Yucky, gross" when faced with foods they used to love like cheeseburgers and pizza. Like they're never going to eat those foods again. Jillian's talk with Rulon was a start but they should focus more on discussing incorporating "bad" foods into one's diet. I did read somewhere that the contestants had a cheat day after their weigh-in where they eat less healthily but they've never shown that on the show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I felt kind of bad for Kaylee too. It is just a too defined clique, those other woman... cause they're like bffs, omg, wah!

I see what you are saying, but you also have to remember these girls have been on the same team since day 1. They formed a bond. Kaylee chose to go to the unknowns therefore not getting to bond with the other 4 girls. JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Regarding the repetitive stuff.......I think NBC hired college interns to do the production and edits. Or it's older people who hate their jobs. Or there just isn't anything else to edit into the two hour time frame that will help ratings.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by LovetheRoses View Post
    The guy who was hitting on Hannah.
    LOL funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Last season I posted something similar. I was almost excited to hear Jillian say to Rulon that he needs to eat the 'bad stuff' in moderation. I mean it is crazy to think these people will go home and eat salad and grilled fish and chicken forever. Show us how to eat 'regular' food correctly. A few seasons back Curtis Stone had a segment where he made a high fat/high calorie dish into a low calorie/low fat dish. I think they need more of those segments. One thing that has bugged me in all the seasons is that they never show these people craving all bad food they used to eat. They seem perfectly fine going from eating candy, cookies, greasy burgers and fries to steamed broccoli and yogurt without a problem in the world. I tell ya, when I want a Snickers, a stick of Extra Sugar-Free gum isn't going to do it for me. They need to include more of the food aspect of the show and how they deal with those cravings and how to make better choices.
    It's certain the contestants are learning ways to eat what they love but in a healthy manner - it was on display last night when Bob brought the food in and there were discussions on how it could be consumed without the extra calories. The fajitas, for example - leave out the sour cream and whatever the other crap was in there, and use guacamole and salsa for flavour. I don't believe they're just eating grilled fish and broccoli at the ranch for one second - Rulon got those tortillas from somewhere.

In one of her books, Jillian said that there are days you're going to eat chocolate and ice cream. Her advice was to go ahead and do so, but to eat real ice cream in a reasonable serving size - not the whole carton. Eat chocolate, but eat the good stuff. I believe they're getting good advice regarding food and nutrition. It would be nice if more show was spent talking about it...I've complained about the show format before, and I still don't get why most of an hour is wasted on weigh-in.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It's certain the contestants are learning ways to eat what they love but in a healthy manner - it was on display last night when Bob brought the food in and there were discussions on how it could be consumed without the extra calories. The fajitas, for example - leave out the sour cream and whatever the other crap was in there, and use guacamole and salsa for flavour. I don't believe they're just eating grilled fish and broccoli at the ranch for one second - Rulon got those tortillas from somewhere.

In one of her books, Jillian said that there are days you're going to eat chocolate and ice cream. Her advice was to go ahead and do so, but to eat real ice cream in a reasonable serving size - not the whole carton. Eat chocolate, but eat the good stuff. I believe they're getting good advice regarding food and nutrition. It would be nice if more show was spent talking about it...I've complained about the show format before, and I still don't get why most of an hour is wasted on weigh-in.
    What type of Guacamole was that? :p

The product placement spotting is the most entertainment I have been getting lately.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

I am stunned that packaged guacamole exists! It is so easy to mash an avocado, salt and a sqeeze of lemon that it stuns. That is all the original is. Nothing more. No garlic, no mayo, no sour cream, no nothing. Just that!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am stunned that packaged guacamole exists! It is so easy to mash an avocado, salt and a sqeeze of lemon that it stuns. That is all the original is. Nothing more. No garlic, no mayo, no sour cream, no nothing. Just that!
    We put a little cumin and salsa in as well... But yeah, the only hard part is getting an avocado at the right stage of ripeness at the moment you want to eat it!

I finally watched the show yesterday evening. I know a lot of people don't like Courntey but the girls is way beyond her years. She had a better attitude about going than the trainers!!! She is a very fun loving, sweet, patient girl. She is an encourager. She also tells it how it is without being harsh. I think these are the reasons everyone loved her on the ranch. I don't think I've ever seen such an emotional goodbye.

I feel for Brett...even though he isn't a Bob or Jillian, I like him better than Kara. I'm expecting another twist soon so maybe he'll be back...but Alli sounded pretty firm that he is no longer in the competition. So, who knows.

I am now rooting for Irene to win this. She still has plenty to loose since she is short and she works hard. I wouldn't mind Jay winning but I was hoping for a female winner this season. BUT either Jay or Irene winning would be fine with me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I wouldn't mind an Irene win, seriously, has she ever done an interview? She is one of the quietest people on this show, ever
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast