+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

Re: **** 4/5/11 show discussion ***Spoilers

Uh...so what's with Brett leaving? Did anyone else feel that was left unfinished? I didn't relaize that they were trying to find Jillian's replacement in this manner- just seems too staged. What if the black team had been whittled down over the past 2 weeks and then last night the last team member left- would Jillian have been sent packing never to be heard from again? It was just weird. I had assumed they would be in singles by next week and then all 4 trainers would have been training them together. Something just didn't sit right with that whole thing.

I wish they would tell us the heights of the contestants. It would help use judge proportions.

How many times did they have the clips of Courtney saying 'the fate of the red team is all on me'. ARGHHHHH..

I honestly love the show but they really need to change it up a bit. How about showing us more about the diet they eat and how that is determined for each person. Its got to be somewhat customized. They could do more food prep segments.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I haven't watched yet but I plan to watch when I get home later this afternoon. I hate the fact Courtney left simply b/c I want Rulon gone. I really want a Bob or Jillian win!!! But not sure that will happen now. Irene is the only one on B&J team that has the potential to win the whole thing. So, I will hope she does!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    I wish they would tell us the heights of the contestants. It would help use judge proportions.

How many times did they have the clips of Courtney saying 'the fate of the red team is all on me'. ARGHHHHH..

I honestly love the show but they really need to change it up a bit. How about showing us more about the diet they eat and how that is determined for each person. Its got to be somewhat customized. They could do more food prep segments.
    Yes! I fell asleep on the sofa watching last night because there was so much drawn out. It doesn't seem as supportive to at home watchers who might be looking for ideas as it could be. I'd love for them to address Rulon's binge eating or to talk about Irene's habits which are very much like mine (skip breakfast, lunch and over eat at dinner) my husband calls it my sumo wrestler diet. Real world reality is that people will not be exercising 6 hours a day how about teaching how to live a balanced life in moderation so people stop looking for the quick fix diets.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Yes! I fell asleep on the sofa watching last night because there was so much drawn out. It doesn't seem as supportive to at home watchers who might be looking for ideas as it could be. I'd love for them to address Rulon's binge eating or to talk about Irene's habits which are very much like mine (skip breakfast, lunch and over eat at dinner) my husband calls it my sumo wrestler diet. Real world reality is that people will not be exercising 6 hours a day how about teaching how to live a balanced life in moderation so people stop looking for the quick fix diets.
    Last season I posted something similar. I was almost excited to hear Jillian say to Rulon that he needs to eat the 'bad stuff' in moderation. I mean it is crazy to think these people will go home and eat salad and grilled fish and chicken forever. Show us how to eat 'regular' food correctly. A few seasons back Curtis Stone had a segment where he made a high fat/high calorie dish into a low calorie/low fat dish. I think they need more of those segments. One thing that has bugged me in all the seasons is that they never show these people craving all bad food they used to eat. They seem perfectly fine going from eating candy, cookies, greasy burgers and fries to steamed broccoli and yogurt without a problem in the world. I tell ya, when I want a Snickers, a stick of Extra Sugar-Free gum isn't going to do it for me. They need to include more of the food aspect of the show and how they deal with those cravings and how to make better choices.

CCL

How do we know about Irene's habits re: eating? Did I miss that?
    Interesting point upthread about whether they would have eliminated Jillian if all of her contestants were gone. I'm going to think no.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Uh...so what's with Brett leaving? Did anyone else feel that was left unfinished? I didn't relaize that they were trying to find Jillian's replacement in this manner- just seems too staged. What if the black team had been whittled down over the past 2 weeks and then last night the last team member left- would Jillian have been sent packing never to be heard from again? It was just weird. I had assumed they would be in singles by next week and then all 4 trainers would have been training them together. Something just didn't sit right with that whole thing.
    We don't know if either of those trainers is a replacement for Jillian.

They may have rotating females working with Bob, in the coming seasons, as they look for feedback on who the viewers like. Jillian will be difficult to replace because she has been the star, in a way.

I doubt that Bob or Jillian would have left had the circumstances been different. I have a hunch their contract would not allow that and the new trainers signed a different piece of paper.

I loved this twist. The format is tired so any change is welcome, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    How do we know about Irene's habits re: eating? Did I miss that?
    Interesting point upthread about whether they would have eliminated Jillian if all of her contestants were gone. I'm going to think no.
    Bob brought a sample of her's, Olivia's and Moses's favourite junk food lunch. She mentioned that she would skip breakfast be in the library at lunch and then eat a greasy, mayo laden sandwich (possibly chicken burger) with fries for supper. It was just stated and then never addressed.

Logically I know what needs to be done but it is finding ways to do it without feeling deprived that I need. I read somewhere that Celine Dion eats to survive but doesn't derive pleasure from eating. I need some of her DNA.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I absolutely love Courtney's attitude about everything. I really wanted to see Rulon gone b/c I do NOT like him at all.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I felt kinda sorry for Kaylee during Courtney's farewell speech. She said she would miss her girls, Hannah, Olivia and Irene. It looks as if they had planned to have all four go to the end.

So of the 3 teams that are left, Black, Blue and Green, they all had the mystery trainers in the beginning or were some of them Bob and Jillian's?
    I felt kind of bad for Kaylee too. It is just a too defined clique, those other woman... cause they're like bffs, omg, wah!

The drama was way over the top for me. Courtney was the only one who was keeping it in line, and she had the most reason to be upset. It was actually beyond ridiculous, like Courtney and Brett were heading off never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom
    I'm with you. The repetitive stuff has just got to end. I really don't need Aly to run down the numbers for the upteenth time, and I don't need to hear how much weight Courtney has to lose four times. In a row.
    With a little more effort, surely production could give help with nutrition or even provide more scenes of life in the house, rather than fill time with repetitive crap. I wouldn't mind keeping the 2 hr. format, but make it worth our while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast