+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** 3/29/11 show discussion 888 Spoilers

CCL

Re: **** 3/29/11 show discussion 888 Spoilers

Jen lost 91 pounds at the ranch and has lost an additional 14 at home. She looks good...not skinny but still nice. I'm not a fan of either Jen or Courtney so I was ok with either of them going home. Courtney thought she had it in the bag even though she has been averaging 3 pound weight losses lately so that made no sense. As for not choosing to have Brett train them...She (Courtney) could have spoken up and chosen time with their trainer rather than choosing massages and the hour-long phone calls. She was as interested in getting the phone calls as Jen was so...Jen wasn't totally culpable.

I was actually hoping that the white team would get on just so I could get someone to root for, all of these people are irritating me so much (the white team was an at-home team that they brought in with a chance to get on the ranch but neither of them had lost enough to proceed on the show).

Olivia found the golden egg in the challenge which meant she had the only vote. As Jen & Courtney had the lowest weight loss, and there were only two of them, Jen was automatically out, so that power was moot. Just to note that Hannah (the other dark-haired woman referred to above) is her sister not her best friend (though I guess they could be best friends too).

Rulon's eating chips again? They showed him eating chips tonight. Maybe that's a teaser that will have nothing to do with the episode.

Edited to add: James Marsden on the show tonight? That man is fine.

Also, why was Bob wearing shorts with a white circle design and a flat cap in the gym while he was getting Rulon to do a handstand? It was very weird.
    Last edited by CCL; 03-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Oh no way! Rulon and his partner called Q out all those weeks ago and justified voting him off because of his perceived lack of effort and Rulon binges on whole bags of chips and has a candy drawer? Get this guy off of this show stat!

So....I watched last night but didn't post as I was doing circuit training while watching....Hey, I burned almost 500 calories!! Trying to remember everything that happened but here are my thoughts:

As Courtney and Jen was trying to decide how to spend their "money" I kept thinking...you better get a trainer for at least one day and get the BL meals. Forget the luxary items....you haven't had them so far so why now?!?! Did they listen? NOPE! Of course not! I do understand their reasoning....that they should be able to do most of this on their own by now....BUT Courtney hasn't been pulling big numbers and has hit a wall so she needed to have someone help her figure it out which is what the trainer is supposed to help you do! They learned the hard way. I didn't want them to fall below the line but oh well.

I agree with Moses that he has to do something he enjoys but after a while your body gets used to that and you have to switch it up. He should incorpoerate what he loves along with the treadmil just for something different.

Rulon....he needs to go....I haven't felt like he was in this 100% from the beginning. I do believe his partner was but not Rulon. They need to get rid of him at first opportunity. I'm so glad Jill called him out and the others have noticed his eating habits. He has lived a double backstapping life on the show...voting off those he says isn't giving their all but yet he isn't either. People like this drive me mad.

Jen looks good but she still looks bigger to me....maybe she is around a size 14 which is the highest most stores go to unless you go to Lane Bryant or some of the other bigger sized stores. Maybe it was my TV....not sure...but she still looked big to me.

I love this show but I'm starting to loose interest in it...maybe b/c it seems like an extra long season...not sure.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Jen and Courtney could have lost on that spa week had they kept their calories down to 1000 and used the gym everyday even with much less of a workout and hiked. I have a hunch they overdid the food and slacked off at the gym. They didn't need their trainer to have success. We have seen some contestants only use the pool due to injury and have a good showing on the scale.

Since I don't know what it is like to be there it is hard to fault them for their choices but I suspect they felt like they had been sprung from jail!

It was kind of funny to hear them both say they learned a lesson. It was so situation specific that it is impossible to apply that again!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree that JEnn looks better now, but she's still a lot larger than her friends. If they are all in the same store she must just barely be finding stuff to fit. I don't know how tall she is but if she knocks of another 20 or 30 before the finale she will look terrific.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    They didn't need their trainer to have success.
    I so agree with you and it's doubtful that one day with their trainer would have really made that much difference. The price for one day with the trainer was a lot and they really can do it on their own. Heck, Courtney lost 112 lbs on her own before she even got on the show. So they know what to do. My guess is that they just weren't doing it. I sure would have loved to see them lose a lot, so we could get rid of the myth that the trainers have everything to do with their success.

FORT Newbie

I read this forum everyday but just had to post about Rulon.
    How is he getting the candy and chips? Aren't they provided with certain foods for the week? He knows he has a problem with eating at night as he stated to Jillian so why wouldn't he ask for help or go to Jillian, instead of eating behind everyone's back. He is just bringing his team down they should be getting rid of him right away.

Quote Originally Posted by elaineev View Post
    I read this forum everyday but just had to post about Rulon.
    How is he getting the candy and chips? Aren't they provided with certain foods for the week? He knows he has a problem with eating at night as he stated to Jillian so why wouldn't he ask for help or go to Jillian, instead of eating behind everyone's back. He is just bringing his team down they should be getting rid of him right away.

I totally agree and wondered the same thing...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls View Post
    I so agree with you and it's doubtful that one day with their trainer would have really made that much difference. The price for one day with the trainer was a lot and they really can do it on their own. Heck, Courtney lost 112 lbs on her own before she even got on the show. So they know what to do. My guess is that they just weren't doing it. I sure would have loved to see them lose a lot, so we could get rid of the myth that the trainers have everything to do with their success.
    I agree but I knew that when they made that choice it would backfire on them. I think the phone calls home and the massages were bigger issues. AND they should have spent more to get the BL meals.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree that JEnn looks better now, but she's still a lot larger than her friends. If they are all in the same store she must just barely be finding stuff to fit. I don't know how tall she is but if she knocks of another 20 or 30 before the finale she will look terrific.
    Jen is 5'9". Start wt: 278. wk 13 wt: 187 = 91

Olivia is 5'9". Start wt: 261. wk 13 wt: 176 = 85

Hannah is 5'8". Start wt: 248. wk 13 wt: 172 = 76

Courtney is 5'7". Start wt: 323. wk 13 wt: 232 = 91

Kaylee is 5'5". Start wt: 233. wk 13 wt: 169 = 64

Irene is 5'4". Start wt: 255. wk 13 wt: 170 = 85

What I like about this cast is that they are close enough in height and start wieght that it is hard to predict who might the leader. It all falls down to how hard they work, how well they stick to their meal plans and partly genetics. Still with 8 more episodes to go we will be seeing many of the participants at a normal weight for the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast