+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Tilden, I agree except the water loading. The longer they stay, the faster they lose. I see water loading as a brilliant move! It illustrates motivation to stay. This is also a game show; there is a lot of money involved.

Many of the challenges are set up to encourage the game play aspect. Just because B and J get all freaky at waterloading and take it as a personal afront does not mean this is not a good tactic. The trainers should not shame those who play the game. Their job is to steer their workouts and food intake. The game part has nothing to do with them and they should stay out of it.
    I guess I just don't like the game aspect of the show. Honestly, I wish there wasn't a big money prize involved so people wouldn't water load or whatever, simply because they were thinking about trying to win. The most important aspect of "winning" should be the weight lost and the abilities regained because of it. Contestants who are thinking of how to get a shot at the money instead of concentrating on getting healthy bug me just as much as contestants being pressured to keep someone around because they "need" to be there, when they all need to be there or they wouldn't be eligible for the show. And yeah, I realize that the money/game play is part of the show. I just wish it wasn't. I really think there are enough people who really want to get back into shape that they wouldn't have to dangle the cash in front of their faces to get them to participate. Just the training etc. they're getting on the show is a pretty expensive prize package.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Even if their motivation was purely to stay on the ranch to lose water loading wiould still occur....the longer you are at the ranch the faster you lose. The only way to avoid the game playing would be if everyone stayed until the end. THEN they could award a prize for most lost or not, but you'd avoid all the game playing to avoid being voted out. I suppose you might get people sneakily salting a comepetitor's food the last week though!

And please, people. BOTH Courtney and Arthur lost a hundred lbs. or so before they came to TBL, so they both in theory could do it at home, and they are both still hugely overweight and could use the help of the ranch. It is driving me nuts that that same 100 lbs. is being used as proof that someone does or doesn't need to be there! Being used as evidence of sloth (or not needing to be there) or evidence of drive (and so deserving of being there)....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345