+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Re: ***3/1/11 show discussion ***spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    I think the number one stupidest thing Arthur did was to tell everyone it was him that did the swap. It was supposed to be anonymous.

I think the second stupidest was that he swapped a strong team for a weaker one. The goal is to make your team stronger to lessen the chance to lose a weigh-in. If he had swapped to have one of the stronger couples come over to black (like Rulon & Matt) that would have made more sense to me.
    That's what I would have done. I also would have loved to see their reactions that would have been priceless.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Now that Arthur is gone, everyone can go back to worrying about their own stay at the ranch. Yes, I get it; Arthur does still really need to be there more than some of the others. He is an adult - he has been taught what to do. The Arthur show is over and now it's up to each contestant to make sure the most imporant person stays - herself or himself! I do love Bob and Jillian and am going to miss Jillian (is Bob staying?) next season.
    I am just not feeling Brett and Cara. The boxaholics really need to show their teams doing other things besides boxing, shaking ropes and sliding weights. I am really still rooting for the black team but I really can only see Courtney losing quite a bit more to even eke out a win - the women are doing great! It looks like B&C will have the winner (blah) this time. There's nobody that I am really pulling for on that team except maybe Kaylee (almost done) and Austin - because they are both so young.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fogey

Since they go by percentage the black team has a strong chance of survival but not next week. Clearly the red team will show higher percentages because of their poor showing this week.

Arthur. I am glad to see him gone so I don't have to watch people sacrificing themselves to save him. He doesn't need to be there more than anyone else. He needs to aquire whatever it takes to do this, no matter where he is. He was being cottled by his team and pushed along. This is not going to help in in the long run and as we have heard, by a spotting, he does not appear to have lost much more.

rozzi17 wrote: I think the second stupidest was that he swapped a strong team for a weaker one. The goal is to make your team stronger to lessen the chance to lose a weigh-in. If he had swapped to have one of the stronger couples come over to black (like Rulon & Matt) that would have made more sense to me.
    I agree. This was a clear indication that his thought process was not in the right place.

I will enjoy this show much more now. I prefer it when the contestants are more even in weight distribution and no one is this heavy. This seems to be a new trend. If they are paying attentioin to feedback they may stop this. However, they look at ratings and we all still watch. And I will continue but it just isn't as enjoyable.

CCL

His reasoning for taking Sarah and Deni was that they would be the sacrificial lambs if/when his team lost a weigh-in. If he had chose Rulon & Justin, and they had lost a weigh-in, his team might have considered keeping Rulon and Justin as they are strong players, thereby putting him/his father at risk of elimination. It wasn't necessarily the nicest thought-process, in terms of Sarah and Deni, but it was understandable, and I don't blame him for it. Though I do blame him for announcing what he had done - that was stupid. I liked/like Arthur. I'm not sad that the Red team eliminated him - everyone has to look out for themselves and everyone has the right to vote out who they want. And I think that Bob & Jillian are hypocritical because if they were that concerned about Arthur staying on the ranch, they could have had the producers keep him on the ranch as a non-competing player. I'm sure the producers would have acquiesced to Bob & Jillian's request - they have power.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    still needs the ranch b/c of this. What is more important? Game Play or Saving someone's life?
    This is actually where I take the most issue with what Bob and Jillian had to say. Arthur lost a lot of weight before he ever got to the ranch, so he can lose weight at home just like they all can. The idea that going home is somehow a "death sentence" for someone is just drama. I truly think that going home was probably the best thing for Arthur. He had turned a corner emotionally and it was time to test his wings without all of the propping up that he got from everyone else on the ranch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    His reasoning for taking Sarah and Deni was that they would be the sacrificial lambs if/when his team lost a weigh-in. If he had chose Rulon & Justin, and they had lost a weigh-in, his team might have considered keeping Rulon and Justin as they are strong players, thereby putting him/his father at risk of elimination. It wasn't necessarily the nicest thought-process, in terms of Sarah and Deni, but it was understandable, and I don't blame him for it. Though I do blame him for announcing what he had done - that was stupid. I liked/like Arthur. I'm not sad that the Red team eliminated him - everyone has to look out for themselves and everyone has the right to vote out who they want. And I think that Bob & Jillian are hypocritical because if they were that concerned about Arthur staying on the ranch, they could have had the producers keep him on the ranch as a non-competing player. I'm sure the producers would have acquiesced to Bob & Jillian's request - they have power.
    Yes. He explained his logic clearly. My point is, this showed he was not working hard and didnt intend to do that either. He could easily lose more than anyone there if he worked the program. You get the big losers on your team so the team will win week after week and you work hard as well and aim for the most loss on your team. It showed his lack of ambition.

Well I miss him and I respect the guy. Totally agreeing with B and J. The red team is selfish. Arthur lost 16 pounds so he did very well for his team but because of that stupid alliance and the 2 bosses he had to go.

I love to see him in the finale and win the home price. I totally do not like the red team and that was even before they sent Arthur away.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Well I miss him and I respect the guy. Totally agreeing with B and J. The red team is selfish. Arthur lost 16 pounds so he did very well for his team but because of that stupid alliance and the 2 bosses he had to go.

I love to see him in the finale and win the home price. I totally do not like the red team and that was even before they sent Arthur away.
    For years we have heard Bob and Jillian admonish those who think of others first. They support a selfish attitude because that is needed. If they dont put themselves first they cannot win the weight battle once home. Why the change in their attitude is beyond my comprehension.

Arthur lost 16 pounds because his team got on his case. He was not motivated when he arrived. And this should be rewarded?

This illustrates exaclty why no one of this extreme weight should be on a show with others so much lighter. The weights must be closer so no one stands out as "needing it more."

I say, everyone for themselves.

FORT Fogey

That indeed might be the answer--keep the initial weights of the contestants closer together so no one becomes the person who most needs to be there.

It also aggravates me that Courtney, who was also very big for her age and gender, but far more motivated, doesn't get nearly the same attention. I guess she doesn't "need" to be there, because she is willing to do the work on her own, which she demonstrated by losing a good deal of weight before even arriving at the ranch.

I don't like the whole notion of people feeling they have to sacrifice themselves for other contestants. I don't like it when contestants seem to be deliberately playing the game, so to speak, to advance themselves at the cost of others (water loading one week for a big loss the next, for instance or leading others to think there's an alliance they don't intend to honor) but I don't think they should feel they have to keep someone around because he/she "needs" to be there either. They all need to be there or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

FORT Fogey

Tilden, I agree except the water loading. The longer they stay, the faster they lose. I see water loading as a brilliant move! It illustrates motivation to stay. This is also a game show; there is a lot of money involved.

Many of the challenges are set up to encourage the game play aspect. Just because B and J get all freaky at waterloading and take it as a personal afront does not mean this is not a good tactic. The trainers should not shame those who play the game. Their job is to steer their workouts and food intake. The game part has nothing to do with them and they should stay out of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast