+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ***2/22/2011 Show Discussion Spoilers***

To the Point

Re: ***2/22/2011 Show Discussion Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Running is hands-down the most effective way of losing weight and improving fitness. As a trainer, Brett has to know that, and I think it's why he was so excited about his team having access to them. As sucky as it is for the contestants to be on them so often, they have to love the effect the treadmill has on their weight loss. Plus, it's super-important for them to improve their cardiovascular health, their heart rates, blood pressure, etc. The running is a huge help with that, in addition to the trainers being able to mark their progress (distance, time, pace) easily on a treadmill. They are, after all, training a final four to run a marathon in a very short period of time.

The boxing/martial arts looks like a blast, mind you. I really have concerns about any finalists from the Red Team being able to handle the marathon with the training that we see them getting, however.
    Depends on just how all of their martial arts training is being done. Martial arts training can be very high cardio, however, every form of exercise works differently and there are merits to changing things up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I have thought that about the boxing. But, then, Jillian and Bob's teams are shown on the treadmills an inordinate amount of time so it's kind of the same. Boxing seems like a more interesting form of workout than hours on a treadmill. I actually really like the new trainers but I did note this past week that they are not shown on the opening credits.
    I just hate boxing. It really has nothing to do with more interesting to watch. Hitting people is just something I don't enjoy watching. I use my FF freely and only like the challenges and weigh in, really. Watching them workout is boring no matter what they are doing. Just me, that is all.

CCL

The only boxing I have experienced in real life is the boxing on Wii, which I enjoy. In terms of prize fights or anything...yeah, I'm not interested in people hitting each other either. I actually find the workout segments on BL rather boring as well. Yet another reason why I wish they devoted more time to food choices etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I would also like to see the contestants grocery shop for themselves, learn to read labels and make their own meals. To me that is the hardest part of a diet/lifestyle change yet the one that will help you tremendously with losing weight and making it a permanent change. Even if they only had to make one meal a day or even one meal a week, it is a step in the right direction. The previous season's contestants let Michael do all the cooking for them and looked who won that season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I would also like to see the contestants grocery shop for themselves, learn to read labels and make their own meals. To me that is the hardest part of a diet/lifestyle change yet the one that will help you tremendously with losing weight and making it a permanent change. Even if they only had to make one meal a day or even one meal a week, it is a step in the right direction. The previous season's contestants let Michael do all the cooking for them and looked who won that season.
    Let me preface this by saying that I am not a fan of boxing. In the segment with Kaylee, Cara was hitting her in the head. Even with a protector on, that doesn't stop the head from bouncing around and addling the brain! That is so not ok with me!

I'm just gonna say one thing.

I HATE the new trainers style of workout. BOXING IS ALL THEY DO. I wouldn't mind if they changed it up a bit. They don't though. Also its like they get mad if the contestants DON'T want to box. I'll tell you right now I think boxing is a decent sport however, I much prefer a running work out.

It is going to be intersting to see how the whole season turns out. Who wins, who keeps it off, etc. There are changes I'd like to see happen with next season but I doubt they will happen.....b/c of ratings.

I have to say....yes, running is great for weight loss but I lost my weight before I started running. I lost it from doing something different daily. Then after I kept it off a year I trained and ran for a half marathon....gained 5 lbs. Then the following year I trained and ran half marathon and gained another 5 lbs. I haven't been able to get it off...running, eating healthy, etc. Now I'm up 20lbs total. It's a mental thing at this point...I care but I don't care. My stress is through the roof which isn't helping at all. It's something that I have to battle and overcome.

All this to say is that this is something these contestants will deal with all their lives. It isn't easy. I just hope they really learn as much as possible while on the ranch so they can be a better success at home.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234