+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***2/22/2011 Show Discussion Spoilers***

FORT Regular

Re: ***2/22/2011 Show Discussion Spoilers***

Nothing really shocked me abotu this weigh-in except maybe Jen's weight gain. Jeese and Deni would have been the first 2 to go anyway. At this point, I think that the Black Team can be labeled as a hierarchy:

1. Courtney
    2. Irene
    3. Hannah
    4. Olivia
    5. Arthur (could easily move down a slot if he slacks off again)
    6. Sarah (only because she's the "newbie")
    7. Marci (by choice)

I think that Bob and Julian's begging for a contestest to fight in the commercial for next week is directed towards Arthur, which means that he is going to slack off at home.

FORT Fogey

Disappointing episode. I understand why parents would do this to give their child the opportunity to stay, absolutely. I just prefer not to watch it.

As for saving the younger ones who aren't your kids, no. Every season we get them talking about who needs to be there more. pfffffffffft Fight to stay yourself and be that example of how it is done.

Arthur is dumb as a box of hair and just is not getting with the program. He is going to be on his own soon enough, no one is saving him from anything.

How about no couples next season? Time to change this.

Again I have to say, I HATE boxing! Does that team do anything else?! YUCK. I hope these are not going to be the trainers who replace Bob and Jillian. Perhaps they are smart enough to have them be the transitional relationship viewers will have and choose new ones next season. I definately do not connect with them at all.

You wonder why so many kids now a days have such a sense of entitlement, that's because their parents give them everything. I much perfer Moses's style of parenting. In the long run I know Kaylee can overcome adversity and I also know the Black Team whinny babies will take and take and take. These people are all over 20 yrs old. Arthur is 34. All need to understand life is tough and mommy and daddy are not always going to be there to bail them out. They need to stand on their own two feet. Arthur is married and has kids and he still acts like a baby.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

Again I have to say, I HATE boxing! Does that team do anything else?! YUCK. I hope these are not going to be the trainers who replace Bob and Jillian. Perhaps they are smart enough to have them be the transitional relationship viewers will have and choose new ones next season. I definately do not connect with them at all.
    I have thought that about the boxing. But, then, Jillian and Bob's teams are shown on the treadmills an inordinate amount of time so it's kind of the same. Boxing seems like a more interesting form of workout than hours on a treadmill. I actually really like the new trainers but I did note this past week that they are not shown on the opening credits.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like the new trainers as people... although I see that Cara is following Jillian's route of unqualified therapist.... Also don't find boxing that fun to watch...but I admit my arms ache in sympathy, and I'm sure their legs are moving as well. I assume they use some of the other equipment in the gym, but for some reason the elliptical, etc., aren't seen as photogenic.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I have thought that about the boxing. But, then, Jillian and Bob's teams are shown on the treadmills an inordinate amount of time so it's kind of the same. Boxing seems like a more interesting form of workout than hours on a treadmill. I actually really like the new trainers but I did note this past week that they are not shown on the opening credits.
    Running is hands-down the most effective way of losing weight and improving fitness. As a trainer, Brett has to know that, and I think it's why he was so excited about his team having access to them. As sucky as it is for the contestants to be on them so often, they have to love the effect the treadmill has on their weight loss. Plus, it's super-important for them to improve their cardiovascular health, their heart rates, blood pressure, etc. The running is a huge help with that, in addition to the trainers being able to mark their progress (distance, time, pace) easily on a treadmill. They are, after all, training a final four to run a marathon in a very short period of time.

The boxing/martial arts looks like a blast, mind you. I really have concerns about any finalists from the Red Team being able to handle the marathon with the training that we see them getting, however.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

I understand what you're saying about the importance of treadmills. I was more commenting on how the amount of time spent showing Bob & Jillian's people on treadmills was akin to the amount of time spent showing the other team working at boxing. I'm sure they both do other things as well, and they do show bits of them working out with weights or whatever, it's just they seem to show them both doing those tasks (boxing and treadmills) predominantly. I should have been clearer.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The only problem with running is what it does to your knees--even normal weight runners have problems after a while. I have to think for someone Arthur's weight, whose knees are probably already those of at least a 50 year old just from walking with his weight, running is really going to finish them off.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The only problem with running is what it does to your knees--even normal weight runners have problems after a while. I have to think for someone Arthur's weight, whose knees are probably already those of at least a 50 year old just from walking with his weight, running is really going to finish them off.
    That's why elliptical are so great to start with they are made so you can use your arms and legs yet they protect your ankles knees and hips. It is easier to get your heart rate up high using and elliptical then an treadmill.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    What a ridiculous episode. As it would have turned out, Jen from the red team would have been under the red line if the three black team players hadn't thrown it. They removed one of their own team for NOTHING.
    TWO of their own team, actually, if you think about it.

Three people taking a dive (instead of just one) ensured they'd lose the team part of the weigh-in too. Maybe they'd have lost one anyway, but they ENSURED it with the three gainers (since they had no way to know they'd lose for SURE).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast