+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ****2/08/11 Discussion Thread Spoilers***

Re: ****2/08/11 Discussion Thread Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4188239;
    I wonder how Arthur lost all that weight on his own.... I guess one way to look at it is that he is plateauing as it were, having lost a lot already before the show.
    I've been waiting for him to use his previous weight loss as an excuse for "plateauing". If/when he does, someone should introduce him to Courtney.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;4188257;
    I've been waiting for him to use his previous weight loss as an excuse for "plateauing". If/when he does, someone should introduce him to Courtney.
    I have a feeling that with Q and Arthur it is always someone else's fault.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm sorry, but I was totally disgusted by watching Arthur eat his 31 candies - gross. Why on earth do the producers think we need hear these people biting into the candy? Gross.

I am not enjoying the rivalry between red and black. I get it, red has the new trainers and the black has B&J, but the yellow team is down right cruel to the black team. Has anyone noticed that the black team cheers EVERYONE on when they drop a big number, even the red team? The red team only cares about themselves, it really bothers me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;4186340;
    I love the Black team, but am afraid with such a huge loss this week it will mean minimal numbers next week!
    Yeah, I think so too. But there is a chance that Arthur will click in and show a loss of 20+ lbs and save the day. That may not be enough though.

It is not a big deal if they lose because Arthur is the most likely person to go and that is fine with me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;4186340;
    I love the Black team, but am afraid with such a huge loss this week it will mean minimal numbers next week!
    Actually though on BOTH teams all but two Player lost 10+ Pounds so they all may have smaller weeks... But who knows..

FORT Newbie

I think it's funny that it is assumed that the red team didn't win the "calorie" challenge because they hadn't had to prepare their meals yet and were ignorant to what the calorie count would be. However, the black team's pair for that challenge was Sarah and Deni who, up until this week, were on the team that had the prepared meals. I think it was more a woman vs man thing. Women, no matter what their weight, are more likely to have some knowledge of the calorie count of foods whereas men, especially overweight men, don't really pay attention to it until they are made to. I suspect that it might have been a little closer had there been a woman involved in that challenge for the red team. Either way, I think that was a good challenge. Mixing all sorts of skills and it was much more fun to watch than most of the calorie count challenges that they do.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jjinkc;4190328;
    I think it's funny that it is assumed that the red team didn't win the "calorie" challenge because they hadn't had to prepare their meals yet and were ignorant to what the calorie count would be. However, the black team's pair for that challenge was Sarah and Deni who, up until this week, were on the team that had the prepared meals. I think it was more a woman vs man thing. Women, no matter what their weight, are more likely to have some knowledge of the calorie count of foods whereas men, especially overweight men, don't really pay attention to it until they are made to. I suspect that it might have been a little closer had there been a woman involved in that challenge for the red team. Either way, I think that was a good challenge. Mixing all sorts of skills and it was much more fun to watch than most of the calorie count challenges that they do.
    Excellent point, that sailed right by us! I think you might be right in your explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by jjinkc;4190328;
    Great points, and I sorta figured the man vs woman calorie counting thing but totally missed that the Black Team had previously been on the unknowns.

I too liked that they mixed up this challenge and was really wanting to see Arthur fall off the beam again and again and again. I know evil of me but he asks for it will all his "we are so great" speeches when it is really his team carrying him. What totally surprised me is that the one girl was able to actually hit the target with the bow and arrow on the first try.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4190976;
    Great points, and I sorta figured the man vs woman calorie counting thing but totally missed that the Black Team had previously been on the unknowns.

I too liked that they mixed up this challenge and was really wanting to see Arthur fall off the beam again and again and again. I know evil of me but he asks for it will all his "we are so great" speeches when it is really his team carrying him. What totally surprised me is that the one girl was able to actually hit the target with the bow and arrow on the first try.
    I think she said she'd had some experience with guns, so aiming experience probably helps, and she wasn't all that far away it looked like, but still good. As someone who has done some archery years ago, what impressed ME was that she knew how to position the bow and arrow. Maybe they had someone show them the form and we didn't see that, but for a complete novice her form was really quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4191081;
    I think she said she'd had some experience with guns, so aiming experience probably helps, and she wasn't all that far away it looked like, but still good. As someone who has done some archery years ago, what impressed ME was that she knew how to position the bow and arrow. Maybe they had someone show them the form and we didn't see that, but for a complete novice her form was really quite amazing.
    That entire scene brought back frustrating memories from high school gym glass and wondering why in heck I couldn't hit the target.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast