+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ****2/08/11 Discussion Thread Spoilers***

Re: ****2/08/11 Discussion Thread Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;4186340;
    I love the Black team, but am afraid with such a huge loss this week it will mean minimal numbers next week!
    I am thinking the exact same thing. Still it is the precentages that I am more concerned about.

I wonder now after failing the one challenge if some of the Red Team members will study calorie charts. I like the Red Team, they are focused and are very athletic. Their downfall is that they are thinking these are only athletic challenges.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think that challenge showed how spoiled the red team was by having their meals prepared for them. They didn't have to figure out calorie count on their own. That makes a difference. I like some of the red team...but only two or three. They are atheletic but as mentioned....that isn't what it's all about.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4185842;
    Did anyone else find it odd that after Olivia lost her 16lbs that Allison told her she had officially won it for the black team, but they would see how Irene and Hannah did anyway. Ummmm.....I hate to be the voice of logic here, and I know it is highly unlikely, but what if Hannah and Irene had gained weight- that would have made them lose the whole thing. I think Allison spoke a little prematurely. Maybe it was because she already knew the outcome from the 'real' scale before this 'made for tv' weigh-in. Hmm....
    I was thinking the exact same thing! Either she has no concept of math or she already knew the outcome---and especially since we've seen people gain significant amounts this season, she should have been wary.

I had forgotten that the red team had their meals prepared...no wonder they had no clue. Still, you'd think they have noticed that they aren't getting fried chicken. And with 5 items there are 1000's of combinations of order...no real hope of getting it right by chance, despite what their teammate was yelling at them.

Did anyone else find it odd that after Olivia lost her 16lbs that Allison told her she had officially won it for the black team, but they would see how Irene and Hannah did anyway. Ummmm.....I hate to be the voice of logic here, and I know it is highly unlikely, but what if Hannah and Irene had gained weight- that would have made them lose the whole thing. I think Allison spoke a little prematurely. Maybe it was because she already knew the outcome from the 'real' scale before this 'made for tv' weigh-in. Hmm....
    The weightins are done earlier in the day and then they film it on the "giant scale". This way the writers and producers know the outcome and can have the contestents come up in a certain order to create more of an effect. They do the same thing on Survivor during Tribal Council. The producers look at the voting slips and arrange them in a certain order to create the most theatrical tension.

Oh, if Irene and Hannah had gained weight they probably would have been weighted in before Olivia just to raise the Red Team's hopes, bring despair to the Black Team just so Olivia could be the hero who saves the day.

She does. What we see on tv is not the real weigh in. The real weigh in is before. That's also how she knows all the percentages and numbers off the top of her head.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

CCL

I'm sure Alison is always aware of the "real scale" numbers at the weigh-in and that the writers script her comments accordingly. It's all for the drama.
    I'm with others- I understand why Arthur did what he did but he was very stupid to put it out there and let everyone know.
    It was bizarro watching Cara and Brett attack the machines while their team watched them - I'm guessing the producers set that up, as if it was going to intimidate Bob and Jillian. Still, I really like the new trainers, particularly their eagerness; they also come across more humble than Bob and Jillian (give them a few seasons, however).
    I know Reds had their meals prepared before but I'm presuming that they would learn how to prepare their own at the ranch, same as the black team did.
    As the season goes on, opinions have changed. Aqua girl is starting to bug. Rulon too - he and his teammate have the whole "Pride on 3/We're big guys who know everything and will run this game" thing. Liking Moses and daughter and Sarah (it must have been hard for her and her mom especially to miss her sister's/daughter's wedding). Would like to see more of them and also former brown team - less of purple sisters.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-09-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think the reason so many are favoring the black team is we were able to get to know them. We are just starting to get to know the other contestants. I have never cared for Arthur and his attitude and he would be gone the first chance I got.
    There's no place like home!

Great numbers by the black team, but I think in the long run...they're screwed. Several of them are close to "onederland" (LOVE that term!) so there is no way they'll be able to keep up this pace while the red team should have no problem.

Bob's comment to Arthur after his disappointing 9 lb loss peeved me. I realize he was trying to keep Arthur's spirits up after he was repeatedly bashed by his teammates for making a stupid game play move and not pushing himself in the gym....but he did NOT lose "his share". If he wasn't on the team, adding 444 or some odd lbs to their total, they would not have had to lose as much as 77 lb. So when they're in team mode, "their share" should be a percentage of their weight to be totally fair.

Oh well...next week should be interesting. I'm almost positive black will have to vote someone out...will it be Arthur or someone else???
    Don't let the small things sweat

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wonder how Arthur lost all that weight on his own.... I guess one way to look at it is that he is plateauing as it were, having lost a lot already before the show.

What I find amusing about Arthur is he talks so big in his confessionals and sorta takes the credit for the Black Teams sucess but he is not contributing even his share. People see through that especially if he is not doing extra workouts and that is why he is fake and the weakest member of his team. The thing is his ego won't let him see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast