Thread: 1/18 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Re: 1/18 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

9 lbs GAIN????

Weigh In:
    Aqua Team 2.91% with the 2lb advantage
    Courtney 298/292/-6
    Marci 218/211/-7
    I don't think Jillian was happy with Bob's comment about Courtney. I really like Courtney...she has the right attitude

Orange Team 3.45%
    Irene 232/224/-8

Green Team 3.58%
    Jay 364/350/-14
    Jennifer 250/242/-8

Blue Team 1.75%
    Jesse 278/269/-9
    Arthur 463/459/-4

Purple Team 2.58%
    Olivia 239/233/-6
    Hannah 226/220/-6

Black Team
    Dan 263/272/+9
    Don 280/289/+9
    How in the heck did they gain 9lbs!!!!!!!! You have to eat tons of calories to gain 9lbs in one week...or however long it was between weigh in's. BUT I think they wanted off the ranch so threw the weigh in....I hate to say that.
    I'm shocked Jillian stayed so calm....Bob was the vocal one and Jillian just stood then than "sat" down and said "God Bless". Boy, she has calmed down. But you could tell she wasn't happy when she walked out.

So, if this was deliberate...why? They didn't want to continue without each other yet they both gain? Doesn't make sense.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4153177;
    What is with Bob tonight? Yeah, four pounds isn't much of a loss for Arthur, but if he's been sick, unable to work out except in the pool, and told by a doctor to increase his calories, what did Bob expect?

The whole "if someone doesn't stay here, he/she will die" is excessive too. The guy from the Black team who said he would be okay with going home wasn't saying he didn't want to stay but that he felt he could succeed at home. It was like Bob and Jillian were undermining him by saying he'd just go back to his old habits--if he does go home now, is he going to feel like he can succeed?

And now that they've both gained nine pounds at the ranch, I'd say they can't do much worse at home....
    I agree with you....I wanted to slap Bob for what he said.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

They were probably water loading. A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

So they both wanted to go home and they both (independently) threw the weigh in

Dan goes home. Let's see how he has done at home.

287/215/-72 total. He looks great! Wow!

so...next week one team has to leave the ranch and join the unknowns...interesting...will next week be the last week for the 4wk immunity? I think it is....

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4153189;
    Weigh In:
    Aqua Team 2.91% with the 2lb advantage
    Courtney 298/292/-6
    Marci 218/211/-7
    I don't think Jillian was happy with Bob's comment about Courtney. I really like Courtney...she has the right attitude

Orange Team 3.45%
    Irene 232/224/-8

Green Team 3.58%
    Jay 364/350/-14
    Jennifer 250/242/-8

Blue Team 1.75%
    Jesse 278/269/-9
    Arthur 463/459/-4

Purple Team 2.58%
    Olivia 239/233/-6
    Hannah 226/220/-6

Black Team
    Dan 263/272/+9
    Don 280/289/+9
    How in the heck did they gain 9lbs!!!!!!!! You have to eat tons of calories to gain 9lbs in one week...or however long it was between weigh in's. BUT I think they wanted off the ranch so threw the weigh in....I hate to say that.
    I'm shocked Jillian stayed so calm....Bob was the vocal one and Jillian just stood then than "sat" down and said "God Bless". Boy, she has calmed down. But you could tell she wasn't happy when she walked out.

So, if this was deliberate...why? They didn't want to continue without each other yet they both gain? Doesn't make sense.
    Jillian was sick still so that's probably why she didn't react as much as she typically would've. Just a thought

FORT Fogey

While the nine pound weight gain was ridiculous, I'm glad he managed to lose over seventy pounds thus far on his own. If he continues to keep that up, even if he isn't the biggest loser, I hope Bob and Jillian apologize to him for assuming he'd never be able to do it on his own. Even if they don't, I hope he feels pride in the fact that he was able to figure out a weight loss/exercise plan that worked for him.

The ranch is great, but it probably isn't for everyone, and it certainly isn't the only way to lose weight. Could be the black team just has a hard time with all the yelling, communal living, competition etc. I think I might feel a little annoyed with some of the competitions myself, and I know I'd want to smack Jillian and/or Bob if either of them started yelling at me or indulging in a little unrequested psuedo-analysis. And if that doctor tried to give me the exact date of his death, I'd tell him to fold it five ways and put it where the moon don't shine, because that's just not possible for anyone to do.

I've never been hugely overweight, but there have been times when I've felt it necessary to drop some pounds, and I did it without crash dieting or doing anything unhealthy and without having anyone yell at me or form a team with me. I just cut back on the calories and increased the cardio. What works for one person doesn't always work for another, and for The Biggest Loser to suggest it's their way or the highway is ridiculous (particularly since some of their past contestants who've been successful have put the weight back on too).

One of these season someone is going to waterload and production is going to take extra long to film the weigh-in and that contestant will be standing there with their legs crossed and just once I'd like Jillian to say...."what's wrong....ya gotta pee?" Hehe- I know that's aweful, but it made me giggle just thinking about it.

Also one of these seasons I want someone to waterload and admit to it in front of everyone. "Yes, Ali I just drank a gallon of water so I would make sure not to lose any weight.. I have immunity this week and the goal is to stay on this ranch as long as I can so I am trying to ensure a good number for next week as I may not have immunity then". Now wouldn't that be refreshing??

I don't know if Don or Dan waterloaded. I don't really think they did- they just don't come off as that type. Maybe out of homesickness and frustration they ate more than they should've- old habits die hard.

And again Dr. H and his Death Dates. Grrrrrrrrr!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast