+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Show Discussion - **Spoilers**

Re: 1/11 Show Discussion - **Spoilers**

OK, saw the video of Arthur dancing, reminds me of the baby doing the "Happy Dance".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I want to say.....even though I like all the people so far on the "known" team....I have no clue if I like anyone from the "unknown" team. They really haven't showed them enough.

My sick infested hubby came upstairs at the beginning of the weigh in (he should have stayed downstairs b/c I not feeling too hot today) to watch the weigh in's. When the black team was upset by not loosing as much as the others he said, "That's a great number. Why are they upset? They'll keep it off better than the others...more than likely". He won't watch this show b/c of the drama and extreme weight loss. Of course, he hates any reality tv.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4145731;
    Did anyone else think it was completely inappropriate of Dr. H to tell Dan(Don?) the day he was going to die? I found that over the top, even for the Biggest Loser. I wasn't aware that amongst all his medical equipment and computer imaging machines he also had a crystal ball. I know it is just a projection, but saying "at the rate your going, you may not live another 10 years" is not the same as saying "you will die on xx/yy/zz". It's not like even if he drops the weight and gets healthy he will ever forget that date until it finally passes. Maybe it's just me, but it gave me the heebie jeebies.
    Yes! That was completely inappropriate!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4145549;
    There is something about Dr. H that I don't like. I really don't like the episodes when he shows up.
    I don't either. Smarmy or unctuous fits.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy444777;4146398;
    Yes! That was completely inappropriate!
    Not to mention ridiculous. There's no way, even with all the access to medical records in the world, any doctor (or anyone else, for that matter) could possibly know exactly when someone is going to die. There are way too many factors beyond anyone's control when it comes to when someone dies. A doctor can point out that, statistically, certain habits typically lead to shorter lives, but there's absolutely no way anyone can come up with a precise date of death for someone. For heaven's sake, people who do take good care of themselves and watch their weights can still contract diseases, be involved in accidents, or be the victim of some kind of completely unexpected violent act. For all that doctor knows, he could be dead before anyone else on that show is. Is it likely? Maybe not. But it's still perfectly possible.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4145731;
    Did anyone else think it was completely inappropriate of Dr. H to tell Dan(Don?) the day he was going to die? I found that over the top, even for the Biggest Loser. I wasn't aware that amongst all his medical equipment and computer imaging machines he also had a crystal ball. I know it is just a projection, but saying "at the rate your going, you may not live another 10 years" is not the same as saying "you will die on xx/yy/zz". It's not like even if he drops the weight and gets healthy he will ever forget that date until it finally passes. Maybe it's just me, but it gave me the heebie jeebies.
    Ditto.
    I never really like the medical segments. I hate the "let's put up your internal age" parts. I can see the import of them, and Dr H does seem sincere, but, I don't know, they've always been part of the show that I don't like.
    So the previews indicate we can finally see the new trainer's faces? Finally - it's been stupid. And I understand the new female coach is a boxer but does she do anything else? The boxing segments are getting boring. The unknowns seem to spend more time working out outside which is interesting. I wonder if we are going to see more of them next week then? We haven't seen enough of them.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Tilden....I totally agree with you!

CCL....I love your avatar! I'm so sick of winter and the cold!! I love the Bible verse you have posted :-)
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4145498;
    OK, having the new trainers give confessional interviews with their faces shadowed is beyond stupid. What's the big secret? They're not household names anyway.
    Plus, in the gym we see practically a full face shot of the female trainer anyway, with her carefully arranged long hair only BARELY hiding anything (and we've seen the back of the male trainers head pretty clearly with a pretty unique haircut). Plus, both of their voices.

If they were ANYONE worth hiding, the combination of what we've seen and heard wouldn't be hiding anything. Ergo, this is all just lame dramatics.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

By the way... Bob threatening Alison over her (accurate) "destroyed" wording? Not cool, Bob. Not cool. What do you want her to do? Wrap up what happened in a pretty bow?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4147220;
    By the way... Bob threatening Alison over her (accurate) "destroyed" wording? Not cool, Bob. Not cool. What do you want her to do? Wrap up what happened in a pretty bow?
    Yes, that was humiliating for Alison. She used the word again when they "destroyed" the other team and we saw Bob give her a bow. There must have been some discussion.

Mostly Jillian but both of them hurl degrading rants during their workouts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast