+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marathon training for The Biggest Loser

FORT Newbie

Re: Marathon training for The Biggest Loser

Wow, good job!! I ran a marathon 10 years ago. I joined the Runner's World beginners forum and Hal Higdon's Virtual Training Team forum, and that really helped me stay on target with my training runs. It was one of the best moments of my life when I crossed that finish line. I made a lot of friends on Runner's World and got to meet and run with many of them. I'm glad you had a good experience running your half- great job! Keep it up

Congrats to all of you! The best I can do is a 5K!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Nope, I'm in Canada. Last weekend was crazy here for charity runs - 2 half-marathons and another 3 run/walks. Your time is amazing, congrats! That's a Boston qualifying time, isn't it?

My legs killed me for 3 days after, and my bad knee is still squawking occasionally. But it was worth it. mandmmom, I have been been dealing with knee pain since I was a kid, so I feel for you. Fortunately I've been able to manage mine pretty well in the last 10 years or so, but I figured running a 21K would make things painful for a while afterwards.
    Don't I wish! In my age group I would have had to run under 3:40 to qualify for Boston. And as of October, they are lowering the times and I will have to run under 3:35. So, I have a ways to go. When I turn 35, it'll be five minutes easier, but that's not for over 5 years. I want to do it though, just to say I did!

Thanks though! I'm just now finally getting my legs back. I tried to jog last night and my legs just laughed at me.
    _(Moo!)

Well, I was going to start training for a mini marathon in November....I went to see a doctor about my knee and I have PatelloFemoral Syndrome. No surgery....thank God....but I have to have rehab 2-3x/week for three weeks. I can't work out until rehab clears me. So, I will have to watch what I eat since I can't work out and I won't be "toning" either for a month. It stinks but at least I maybe able to start training in July....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Speaking knees, as some of you have, I'm always amazed that more of the Losers don't have knee problems by the time they join the show, especially the older ones. They occoasionally deal with the issue (e.g., Ron, dad of "Mikey"), but usually not. A good overweight friend of mine just had two titanium knees inserted and loves them...she says she never thinks about her knees anymore. It's hard to believe that the 400 lb. people don't have the same pains.

I've thought the same thing PWS. I have never been obese like these Losers. I grew up skinny and didn't gain wait until I got married and had kids. If I have knee problems then I would think would. If not knee then hip and/or feet problems. That is a lot of weight to have on your hips/knees/feet. The doctor told me yesterday I wasn't to carry anything more than 20lbs. He said it will make my knees worse. My 4yo still wants me to hold her at times so now I have to tell her no :-(.

I'd like BL to address these issues instead of just what their internal age is.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234