+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olivia and Hannah: Sisters - Season 11

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Olivia and Hannah: Sisters - Season 11

Olivia

Hometown: New York City, New York

Olivia's biggest motivation for going on the show was being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and being told she would likely never have children if she didn't lose weight. As an opera singer, she was also tired of losing coveted roles to people who looked healthier - it wasn't enough to just have a great voice. Olivia was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi, and raised in Houston, Texas, the oldest of four children. She received a degree in vocal performance at the University of Alabama, and master's degrees in vocal performance and opera performance from the New England Conservatory of Music. She was overweight in junior high school, but was athletic throughout her school years until she reached college and decided to focus on music. A poor diet and no exercise led to her obesity, and the weight gain continued as she was diagnosed with PCOS when says she "completely gave up." Now 261 pounds and married for 12 years, 35-year-old Olivia was inspired by Season 7 finalist Tara Costa and looks forward to becoming a runner and running in Central Park once she loses the weight.

Hannah

Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee
    Occupation: Human resources representative for a healthcare company

Tired of her weight controlling her life, Hannah is ready to lose the weight, which she feels has made her "no longer a participant" in her own life. Hannah was born in Houston, Texas, and raised there and in Mobile, Alabama with three siblings. She earned a bachelor's degree in communications and public relations at the University of Alabama. In her high school days, she was the homecoming queen and star athlete, but avoided her 10-year high school reunion because, she says, "I was too ashamed to let everyone see what I've become." Weight didn't become an issue for Hannah until she was 20 years old. She had an accident, which resulted in emergency back surgery and ended her collegiate sports career. Feeling defeated, she began to gain weight. Now at 248 pounds, 32-year-old Hannah works in a department that designs her company's wellness program, but feels like a hypocrite. After she loses the weight and gets healthy, she hopes to become a role model to her co-workers, and also looks forward to having a dating life and getting back into organized sports.
    Wake up and be awesome

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Olivia and Hannah: Sisters - Season 11

Is anyone else liking these girls as much as I do? They are funny and they certainly liven things up.
    Wake up and be awesome

They're my favorites from what I've seen.

I like them. Love their enthusiasm, their work ethic, and their determination to get the most out of their experience. I sense they will be very successful with their weight loss.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CMS
    FORT Newbie

I like these ladies too. They seem to have their heads on straight and like AJane said, they seem to want to get the most out of their experience on the ranch.

CCL

I find them irritating and over-the-top in their confessionals. Guess I have to be the odd one out.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone know how tall these girls are?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Does anyone know how tall these girls are?
    very.

I think Hannah is 5'7" and Olivia is either 5'8" or 5'9"....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I find them irritating and over-the-top in their confessionals. Guess I have to be the odd one out.
    Producers failed miserably in asking questions during their confessionals. I think they were encouraged to pontificate endlessly because asked. They were very witty in the begining and enjoyable.

Producers had two ariticulate women with positive attitudes on their hands, rare on this show, and went for it. Overkill resulted.

A good example is when Allison turned Hannah toward the camera after her final weigh in and asked her how it felt! A producer was in her ear piece on that one. It was just way too much. No one wanted hear any more of that gushing. Not Hannah's fault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast