+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Olivia and Hannah: Sisters - Season 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Olivia and Hannah: Sisters - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I think Hannah is 5'7" and Olivia is either 5'8" or 5'9"....
    OMG. When I was 130 ish, I felt anorexic and I am only 5'5" or so.

I can't believe they only weigh that much and neither looks anorexic.

I've lost a lot of weight recently but this reminds me that I have a long way to go. Dang it's hard.

Jexter....it is hard! And it's hard to keep it off. I lost 60lbs and got to 140 at 5'7". I was told I was too skinny and looked sick but I felt great! Because of life and letting my defenses down and neglecting myself I've gained 25 back. I am now back on WW and trying to loose it. One of the friends who told me I was too skinny was texting me last night saying Olivia looked great. I called her out! How can she look so good when she is smaller than I was and I was too skinny!?!? I guess it's body types and bone structure. I tend to keep loosing in my upper body while my lower body tends to be thicker. If you saw pics of me at that weight...just upper body pics you'd think I was only like 112-125 lbs but when looking at my lower body you'd think I was heavier.

I am no sure they'll be able to keep it off forever though. I imagine they both will gain some back.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    OMG. When I was 130 ish, I felt anorexic and I am only 5'5" or so.

I can't believe they only weigh that much and neither looks anorexic.
    I've lost a lot of weight recently but this reminds me that I have a long way to go. Dang it's hard.
    I think it's because they built muscle and became physically strong instead of just losing the pounds like a lot of people do at home. They both overhauled their total health, not just the weight portion IMO. I think it has a lot to do with body types and bone structure as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Jexter....it is hard! And it's hard to keep it off. I lost 60lbs and got to 140 at 5'7". I was told I was too skinny and looked sick but I felt great! Because of life and letting my defenses down and neglecting myself I've gained 25 back. I am now back on WW and trying to loose it. One of the friends who told me I was too skinny was texting me last night saying Olivia looked great. I called her out! How can she look so good when she is smaller than I was and I was too skinny!?!? I guess it's body types and bone structure. I tend to keep loosing in my upper body while my lower body tends to be thicker. If you saw pics of me at that weight...just upper body pics you'd think I was only like 112-125 lbs but when looking at my lower body you'd think I was heavier.

I am no sure they'll be able to keep it off forever though. I imagine they both will gain some back.
    I think when people are used to seeing you heavier and you lose weight they are too quick to say that you are too skinny. Jealous perphaps. I think you should determine how you look not others. Also when losing weight for some reason it does come off the face rather quickly and dramatically while you may have quite a bit of body fat left. It takes about 6 months after you have reached your goaled weight for your body fat to redistribute itself again and for your body and face to be back into proportion again.

My brother dropped 30lbs rather quickly and everyone was telling him that he was fine and not to drop anymore. He was still 30lbs from his goal weight and from what his weight should be for his build. I had this same conversation with him. You had a goal you should accomplish it and then decide what to do.

As for Hannah and Olivia being a bit under their normal body weights. It is not unsual for participants in this competition to go for an extra 10 or 20 pounds under where they should be to win the $250,000. Believe me within a week both girls will be 10 to 15 lbs heavier. That's what Helen did her season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks Bearcata! I needed to be reminded of that. I'm back to doing WW and I will have my weigh in tomorrow. I've done great this week but I'd like to loose 30 so it seems overwhelming. I have to remind myself that it took time to loose it the first time and it will take time to loose it again. I will though and not listen to others telling me I was too skinny. I worked out hard to and it seems my upper body "cuts" and "tons" really nice. I didn't think about the fact it will take months after goal weight for my body to get into proportion again. I'll have to remember that.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    As for Hannah and Olivia being a bit under their normal body weights. It is not unsual for participants in this competition to go for an extra 10 or 20 pounds under where they should be to win the $250,000. Believe me within a week both girls will be 10 to 15 lbs heavier. That's what Helen did her season.
    I doubt it, within 6months both will be 50lbs heavier, and no that's not being negative or mean, that's just basically what happens to every biggest loser, remember those revisited episodes? while ppl do not go back to their starting weight (except for a few) it's impossible for them to keep and maintain their lowest weight, their body will alone will make em gain 50lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    I doubt it, within 6months both will be 50lbs heavier, and no that's not being negative or mean, that's just basically what happens to every biggest loser, remember those revisited episodes? while ppl do not go back to their starting weight (except for a few) it's impossible for them to keep and maintain their lowest weight, their body will alone will make em gain 50lbs.
    As Bearcata mentioned upthread, the contestants usually shoot for a lower weight than they might normally be expected to maintain so they can be contenders for the money prizes. A weight gain of 50 lbs is very significant...the only one in real danger of that is Olivia, who's been vocal about wanting to get pregnant. As long as they've truly embraced a new lifestyle (I'm not sold on all of them...Q and Kaylee, for instance) there's no reason for them to regain most of their weight loss. Anyway, your "body" can't make you gain weight. People gain weight because of poor eating habits and lack of exercise. If you're vigilant about making adjustments to diet and exercise habits as you age, weight is manageable. Deni is proof of that - 59 years old and she beat out much younger competition.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

There are two parts to losing weight. The losing it and the maintaining it. Both girls have been very successful at the losing it and probably were in extreme diet mode in the last 4 weeks of the competition. Now they have to focus on maintaining and finding what their normal weight is. Both girls are tall being 5'8" and 5'9" and according to standard weight and height charts should be 140 and 145. We saw both girls near that weight the last weight in at the ranch, so I was amazed that both dropped an additional 17 and 18lbs. Do I think they will stay at their finale weight. They can if they want but both can gain 20lbs and still look fabulous and be at a healthy weight. The reason most folks are on the show is that they can't keep the weight off but hopefully after 6 months they have an incredible head start to do so. Olivia has great motivation and support in her husband and her career and her sister. So while others have gained back lots I can see both the girls doing well. I say this not being a fan of the purple sisters.

I can also see Deni and Marci staying at their finale weights. I can also see some gaining, Moses and Kaylee.

I can also see many that went home also staying the course, the twin cops brothers. Arthur and Q I worry about and would not be surprised to see them regain a lot.

Hannah and Olivia's dresses are from the BCBG line.

Hannah's dress: BCBGMAXAZRIA Illusion Bodice Satin Stripe Sheath Dress | Nordstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Hannah and Olivia's dresses are from the BCBG line.

Hannah's dress: BCBGMAXAZRIA Illusion Bodice Satin Stripe Sheath Dress | Nordstrom
    I did love Hannah's, but I'm a sucker for a red dress. Olivia's stripes really did give me a headache, but both outfits were very flattering. Makes me wish we had a Nordstrom's here in Canada.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast