+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/4 Biggest Loser Premiere Recap: Out With The Old And In With The... Shadowy Figures

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

1/4 Biggest Loser Premiere Recap: Out With The Old And In With The... Shadowy Figures

Welcome back for another season of The Biggest Loser! If you feel like you just watched the Season 10 finale a few days ago, well, that's because you did! NBC likes to give us all Biggest Loser burnout by running back-to-back-to-back-to-back seasons. This season promises to be the “biggest” yet. There will also be two new trainers, primed and ready to take on Bob and Jillian. The new idea trainer is fine with me, but my heart will always belong with Bob.. and my fear with Jillian. Anywho, since these 2 hour episodes are so full of filler and preservatives, here is the fat-free rundown for your enjoyment!

The Teams:
    (SW=Starting Weight)

Blue: Arthur, 34 and Jesse, 61: Father and Son
    Arthur: SW 507
    Jesse: SW 293
    Total: 800
    A year and ˝ ago, Arthur weighed 646. Even though Michael from a few seasons ago weighed more, Michael was taller. Arthur is only 5'8”, making him the largest contestant ever on the show.

Orange: Irene, 26 and Ana, 49: Mother and Daughter
    Ana: SW 255
    Irene: SW 255
    Total: 510

Purple: Olivia, 34 and Hannah, 31: Sisters
    Olivia: SW 261
    Hannah: SW 248
    Total: 509

Gray: Moses, 46 and Kaylee, 20: Father and Daughter
    Kaylee: SW 233
    Moses: SW 440
    Total: 673
    Moses is our “Token Tongan” this season.

Black: Dan, 54 and Don, 54: Twin Brothers
    Don: SW 309
    Dan: SW 287
    Total: 596

Yellow: Justin, 38 and Rulon, 38: Friends
    Rulon is a former Olympic Gold Medalist
    Justin: SW 365
    Rulon: SW 474
    Total: 839
    They are the heaviest team on the ranch.

Aqua: Marci, 49 and Courtney, 21: Mother and Daughter
    Courtney: SW 323
    Marci: SW 238
    Total: 561

Brown: Ken, 48 and Austin, 20: Father and Son
    Ken: SW 377
    Austin: SW 396
    Total: 773

Red: Larialmy, 26 and Q, 27: Husband and Wife
    Larialmy: SW 301
    Q: SW 437
    Total: 738

Pink: Sarah, 26 and Deni, 59: Mother and Daughter
    Sarah: SW 261
    Deni: SW 256
    Total: 517

Green: Jennifer, 28 and Jay, 53: Father and Daughter
    Jennifer: SW 278
    Jay: SW 400
    Total: 678

The contestants compete in a challenge to win the right to pick which set of trainers they would like to train with: Bob and Jillian or the two new trainers. Six teams will train with Bob and Jillian and five will train with the unidentified newbies. The teams who pick the new trainers will get four weeks of immunity. Only Bob and Jillian's teams will train on the ranch.

For the challenge, teammates will work together to run a 5K on treadmills. Teammates can take turns however they want. The first five teams to finish are guaranteed their choice of trainers. The winning team gets a week of immunity if they pick Bob and Jillian.

1st- Yellow picks unknowns
    2nd- Gray picks unknowns
    3rd- Aqua picks Bob/Jillian
    4th- Green picks Bob/Jillian
    5th- Brown picks unknowns
    6th- Purple picks Bob/Jillian
    7th- Pink picks unknowns
    8th- Red picks unknowns
    9th- Orange gets Bob/Jillian
    10th- Blue gets Bob/Jillian
    11th- Black gets Bob/Jillian

A summary of Day 1's workout: Sweat, puke, screams, tears, despair, desperation. We still don't get to find out the identities of the new trainers. Booo. I can't imagine standing in the gym at the ranch. Sweat is dripping from every part of everyone's bodies. Arthur's giant stomach pouch that hangs down to his knees is dripping sweat from underneath it. Ick. I think I saw a small child emerge from under it. After the workout, Jillian and Bob make their teams push a truck around for awhile. You know, a typical Tuesday evening.

It's weigh-in time, and we don't get to see the unknown teams' weight loss totals. These are the only tidbits we get from them while they are off shading around with the shady new trainers:

Yellow:
    Rulon: Starting 474/Current 442 (-32)
    Justin: Starting 365/Current 338 (-27)
    Total: (-59)

Moses: Starting 440/Current 399 (-41)
    Moses set a record for the most weight ever lost in one week on the show.

Okay, now on to Bob and Jillian's teams.

Aqua:
    Courtney: Starting 323/Current 308 (-15)
    Marci: Starting 238/Current 224 (-14)
    Total: (-29) 5.17%

Blue:
    Arthur: Starting 507/Current 476 (-31)
    Jesse: Starting 293/Current 286 (-7)
    Total: (-38) 4.75%

Green:
    Jen: Starting 278/Current 258 (-20)
    Jay: Starting 400/Current 374 (-26)
    Total: (-46) 6.78%

Purple:
    Olivia: Starting 261/Current 245 (-16)
    Hannah: Starting 248/Current 232 (-16)
    Total: (-32) 6.29%

Orange:
    Ana: Starting 255/Current 246 (-9)
    Irene: Starting 255/Current 242 (-13)
    Total: (-22) 4.31%

Black:
    Don: Starting 309/Current 288 (-21)
    Dan: Starting 287/Current 268 (-19)
    Total: (-40) 6.71%

The Orange Team falls below the yellow line and one person will be voted off.

Aqua votes for Ana
    Green votes for Ana
    Purple votes for Irene
    Blue votes for Ana

With 4 team votes, Ana is eliminated.

When Ana started the show, she weighed 255lbs. Today, she weighs 205lbs. She hopes to lose over 100lbs by the finale.

Next week, if Bob and Jillian's teams beat the unknown trainers' teams, all of B/J's teams will be safe. Sweet!

Stop on back next week when the one and only AJane will have the scoopage on all things Biggest Loser!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 1/4 Biggest Loser Premiere Recap: Out With The Old And In With The... Shadowy Fig

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4139973;
    A summary of Day 1's workout: Sweat, puke, screams, tears, despair, desperation. We still don't get to find out the identities of the new trainers. Booo. I can't imagine standing in the gym at the ranch. Sweat is dripping from every part of everyone's bodies. Arthur's giant stomach pouch that hangs down to his knees is dripping sweat from underneath it. Ick. I think I saw a small child emerge from under it. After the workout, Jillian and Bob make their teams push a truck around for awhile. You know, a typical Tuesday evening.
    ICK! OMgoodness....just picturing this is making me sick....I tried not to pay to close attention to him while he was working out....I just can't stomach watching...oh never mind.....just ick...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread