+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

Welcome back to another season of The Biggest Loser!!

It seems like just days ago that Season 10 ended... oh wait, it was!

Please keep all show discussion in this thread until 1am Eastern time.

Thanks!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 1/4 Show Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

So far nothing different...introduced the new contestants and then they got to me Bob and Jillian. Now they get introduced to the scales.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Is it just me or do they seem to be deliberately looking for the latest version of the biggest contestant ever?

I actually prefer contestants around 300 pounds or so. Once they start getting into the four and five hundred pound ranges, I begin to worry, first, that this isn't the safest, best way for them to lose weight. If the show were longer, maybe, but it just isn't very long to lose hundreds of pounds. I realize contestants have done it, but trying to lose so much weight so fast seems to be begging for an injury at some point, especially since many of these contestants clearly haven't exercised in some time. Second, I'm concerned that they're veering away from showing that it's possible to lose weight to just trying to find the biggest people they can, so people can go, "Wow. Look how big that guy is!" I mean, tonight, I started wondering where on earth you can even find clothes that fit if you weigh over five hundred pounds, and then I felt like it was rude to even think like that, as obviously these people don't like weighing as much as they do and probably worry that other people are thinking things exactly like that when they see them.

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure if I heard correctly--did Rulan almost double his size in seven years?

First Weigh In

Brown Team (father/son):
    Austin, age 20....396
    Ken (has had weight loss surgery), age 48....377
    side note...the dad Ken is sweating like crazy!!

Aqua Team (mother/daughter)
    Courtney, 21...323
    has already lost 100lbs in the past year
    Marci, 49...238

Orange Team:
    Ana.....255
    Irene...255

Red Team (husband/wife):
    Larialmy....301
    Q.....437

Pink Team (mother/daughter):
    Sarah....261
    has had a lot of miscarriage due to her weight
    Deni....256

Blue Team (Father/Son):
    Jesse....293
    Arthur....507
    shock on the faces of everyone especially B/J...he was 646 a year and a half ago (he is discouraged b/c taking so long to loose so Jillian encourages him....the largest contestant ever on BL

Green Team (Father/Daughter)
    Jennifer....278
    Jay....400

Purple Team (Sisters)
    Olivia....261
    Hannah....248

Grey Team
    Kaylee....233
    Moses....440

Black Team (Twins)
    Dan....287
    son died of a drug overdose a few years ago
    Don....309
    Don's son told him he disowned him b/c of his weight! Not going to get started

Yellow Team (Friends):
    Justin....365
    Rulon....474
    was an athlete...Olympic champ
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4138786;
    Is it just me or do they seem to be deliberately looking for the latest version of the biggest contestant ever?

I actually prefer contestants around 300 pounds or so. Once they start getting into the four and five hundred pound ranges, I begin to worry, first, that this isn't the safest, best way for them to lose weight. If the show were longer, maybe, but it just isn't very long to lose hundreds of pounds. I realize contestants have done it, but trying to lose so much weight so fast seems to be begging for an injury at some point, especially since many of these contestants clearly haven't exercised in some time. Second, I'm concerned that they're veering away from showing that it's possible to lose weight to just trying to find the biggest people they can, so people can go, "Wow. Look how big that guy is!" I mean, tonight, I started wondering where on earth you can even find clothes that fit if you weigh over five hundred pounds, and then I felt like it was rude to even think like that, as obviously these people don't like weighing as much as they do and probably worry that other people are thinking things exactly like that when they see them.

I so agree with you!

They don't start off working out...they compete in the very first challenge.

I see treadmills....lots of treadmills....

Tonight's challenge determines who their trainer will be. They can choose either B/J (6 teams) or the new trainers (5 teams)...if they pick the new trainers they get immunity for four weeks. Hard choice IMO. But they have to win their choice.

As a team they have to run a 5k. Many doesn't know what a 5k is!!! The order in which they finish is the order they chose their trainer.

Let's see who passes out first...I mean finishes first..oops...my bad.

Everyone wants to keep up with the yellow team....just b/c he is an Olympic gold medalist...but they are working hard but wonder how long they can keep that pace.

Observation...no water around that I see...I even need water running a 5k!!!!!

Oh! I just saw water! Grey team just took a drink.

Yellow team won first.....chose the new trainers for the immunity
    Grey team second.....chose the new trainers for the immunity
    Aqua team third.....chose B/J
    Green team fourth....chose B/J
    Brown team fifth.....chose the new trainers for the immunity
    Purple team sixth.....chose B/J
    Pink team seventh.....chose the new trainers for the immunity
    Red team eighth.....chose the new trainers for the immunity
    Orange team ninth.....no choice....B/J
    Blue team tenth.....no choice....B/J
    Black team eleventh.....no choice....B/J
    Last edited by mandmmom2; 01-04-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Let's see how B/J react to the new trainers.....

Not what I expected from B/J....they think they should have chosen immunity.

So, basically B/J team is competing against each other....stress, tension anyone?

Bob, "Asking Jillian not to scream is like asking the grass not to grow".

FORT Fogey

This is so dissappointing. I, too, just don't enjoy contestants this large. It isn't inspiring, interesting, entertaining or fun to watch. And again we will have a lack luster finale. Who wants to see people going for the win that still have 100 pounds to lose? Or a winner who is in dire need of plastic surgery to remove vast amounts of hanging flesh? The vast majority of the viewers are not in this situation. They are targeting a small audience. Ah well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast