+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/14 Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Re: 12/14 Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4126908;
    No one reached the 50% weight loss like in the past. Do you think it's b/c they started off so much bigger than in past so not enough time to loose that much or is it because their main focus was lifestyle change and not "winning".
    Mark had 50.59%
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I think this is the first season that I haven't been that wowed as the contestants walked out. There were a few...but no "skinny minis" (as my mother would say) this time out. Most of them looked darn good and they all lost weight, which of course is the point, but I wasn't shocked by at least someone as I usually am. Mark and Adam looked especially good, but after seeing their 'at home' piece after they were eliminated I wasn't surprised they did as well as they did.

I also found it interesting that they appeared so much 'bigger' in their formal clothes as opposed to their weigh-in clothes. Then I realized that they had on their compression garments for the weigh in (which showed several times as the guys hugged each other). Also some of these people (men and woman) need a refresher course in how to dress their new bodies- some people shimmied into clothes they probably shouldn't have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover;4126910;
    Mark had 50.59%
    And he started at 421, the 2nd biggest person there... although also 6'3" so losing even what he did still put him above the "normal" range for his height.

Well, congrats to all... and I'm glad Patrick not only got a job, but got that job.

If anyone got the exact losses of the 3 ladies who never made it to the ranch, can you post them? I got the guy (84 lbs.). Thanks!

FORT Fogey

I prefer contestants who are not as heavy at the start so we see more of them at their goal weight at the finale.

Patrick looked like a totally different person! Good for him.

Ada. I sensed her little talk about her parents coming around was for damage control. I am not buying that things as as good as she claimed. On top of the strain they already have, now she has exposed them on national TV. Their demeanor in the audience said a lot. She has gotten much needed support from viewers and friends so she stronger now. She is going to excell with her new found confidence and body! Love this girl.

Interesting to note that there will be 2 new trainers next season. So does this mean that it will be an oldies vs newbies competition.

I really wish BL would put on a season where all the contestants are NOT Supersize so they will look like normal people at the weight in and not still obese. I feel get the feeling the people are gaining weight to get on this show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

They said last night that one girl had to lose weight to be on the show. Whether others are gaining I don't know. I have read stories of people gaining so they could get gastric bypass surgery that they couldn't get otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4126917;
    I think this is the first season that I haven't been that wowed as the contestants walked out. There were a few...but no "skinny minis" (as my mother would say) this time out. Most of them looked darn good and they all lost weight, which of course is the point, but I wasn't shocked by at least someone as I usually am. Mark and Adam looked especially good, but after seeing their 'at home' piece after they were eliminated I wasn't surprised they did as well as they did.
    Personally, I don't care that there were not skinny minis. Ada, for example, had a bit of a stomach still, but she looked great. And, often when you lose a large amount of weight, you are going to have loose skin...you're not going to be able to have a toned, jiggle-free body. But that's just my opinion.

I thought Mark looked great. And his cousin is fabulous - they should have had her on the show versus some of the other contestants (like annoying orange girl whose name escapes me).

I'm glad Patrick won as he needed to win financially. Where is he from again? Does he have to move for the job?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I enjoyed the episode. When Allison said that Ada had been an overwhelming choice I kind of felt like crap for Elizabeth but oh well...she annoyed me.

I was surprised at how good they looked despite the high numbers on the scale. I need a pair of those compression shorts.

I think the martial arts trainer is going to be annoying (judging by his little segment). I am on team Bob all the way.

I wonder if Patrick will offer Ada back the car. I had also hoped for a romance between Ada and Brendon but then again I might just be missing The Bachelor/ette.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

You know....there wasn't any romances this season.....at least none that we know of.

I think Mark and Patrick looked the best and I hope they can keep it off. Ada has some to still loose but she looks fab!!!

tbamom...I need some of those shorts also but they are probably uncomfortable!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

All I could think after Patrick won was, now that he has 250 grand and a fabulous new job... will he give Ada's truck back? He doesn't have to, but it would be a nice gesture.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the show last night. Mark impressed me by losing that 50 percent, and Rick and Anna's losses were good surprises, so I loved those moments. Otherwise, it was a lot of ok, nice.

Ugh, so many disappointments...so many mediocre reveals, the home winner's weight loss success kicking the butt of the overall winner's, Jillian's fashion-victim menswear suit...not the finale I was hoping for.

The good stuff: Ali's pink dress (awesome), Mark (one of my favourites) looking so good and winning the at-home prize, the big money going to someone who actually seems to need it, the landslide vote for Ada to be the 3rd finalist.

The so-so: The sort-of intro of the new trainers (WTF? They couldn't actually introduce us to them? The next season is in 2 freakin' weeks!), the new contestants (while it's people who clearly need help, being proud of the fact that it's the "biggest contestants ever" kind of icks me out).

Ada's parents. I'm not Asian and I'm no expert on the culture, however - I've been told that it's not that strange for an older Asian couple to be reserved and not publicly affectionate. It might be acceptable for North Americans to weep and loudly air their innermost feelings on TV, but it's not that cool for some other cultures. Maybe the parenting style is a little severe for our tastes, but Ada is a pretty neat chick (and really, not overly emotional herself). So her parents must have done a thing or two right.

Elizabeth. She has always rubbed me the wrong way. My impression has always been that she has the air of the entitled pretty girl who wants an easy ride through life. Something about her is very...false. JMHO, of course.

I'm looking forward to actually seeing these new trainers. A martial arts master and a boxer - I like it. Hope they have the personalities to match their qualifications.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread