+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 12/14 Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

CCL

Re: 12/14 Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

^ Yes, but the NYC Marathon is a real marathon not a faux marathon like the Biggest Loser ones. She probably didn't want to walk while everyone else ran past her (does anyone walk the NYC Marathon?).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Our mini and marathon for the KY Derby....it's a big thing and I'd say more people do a combo walk/jog/run than just run it. BUT we are not NY....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

For the finale to be satisfying with the contestants this weight they need to give them 7 or 8 months, not 6. I realize that means they've got a lot of overlapping shows and things could get tight at the "ranch", but it could be done I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4130086;
    ^ Yes, but the NYC Marathon is a real marathon not a faux marathon like the Biggest Loser ones. She probably didn't want to walk while everyone else ran past her (does anyone walk the NYC Marathon?).
    For the kind of money Subway was offering who cares if she walked, jogged or crawled as long as she finished.

Many people walk marathons, they train for it and believe me walk very fast. Normally the walkers start behind the runners and joggers so they don't get trampled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4130086;
    I believe a qualifying time is required for the NYC Marathon? I've seen some speed walkers - there's a guy in my neighbourhood who is unbelievably fast - but it would be hard to qualify if you weren't running, I think.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4136032;
    I believe a qualifying time is required for the NYC Marathon? I've seen some speed walkers - there's a guy in my neighbourhood who is unbelievably fast - but it would be hard to qualify if you weren't running, I think.
    Some marathons require a qualifying time to run in them. Some do not.

In most marathons there are several divisions, for those competing in wheel chairs, running and walking. Ususally, the wheelchairs start first, then runners, then walkers. There is usually a cutoff time to be past a certain point. If you are not past that point by the cutoff time you will not be allowed to finish the race. Because many marathons are done inside major metropolitan areas city officials want to be able to open roads back to the communting public after a certain length of time.

Not everyone will finish the Marine Corps Marathon. That's what makes it a race.

The race issues 30,000 highly coveted entries annually (they sold out in six days this year), yet last year's record-breaking field boasted only 21,405 finishers. For some of the 8,595 lost souls, their fate was decided at "The Gauntlet" (Mile 17.5) or "Beat the Bridge" (Mile 20), where runners are plucked from the course if they fall below a 14-minutes-per-mile pace.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011