+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

CCL

Re: Biggest Loser Reboot: How would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4126347;

I do think Bob has really changed. I noticed it some last season but this season it was like Bob and Jillian switcherd places...at times. I wonder if Jillian leaving is the reason. He wants to make a point that he can be #1. He is much different than he was in the season with Kim...which I didn't watch much of b/c I didn't care for her.

I agree that Bob has changed. He used to be more zen, more caring but now he seems to want to win first and foremost.

I don't know what the first few seasons are like but I don't want to go to a show where someone "only" has to lose twenty pounds.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4126347;
    I do think Bob has really changed. I noticed it some last season but this season it was like Bob and Jillian switcherd places...at times. I wonder if Jillian leaving is the reason. He wants to make a point that he can be #1. He is much different than he was in the season with Kim...which I didn't watch much of b/c I didn't care for her.
    The "switch" is very calculated IMO...but I think it has more to do with Jillian trying to cultivate a kinder, gentler side. She is in the midst of branding herself and I believe she is attempting to create a persona that is more overall wellness-oriented rather than just be the tough-as-nails personal trainer. I'm not quite convinced Bob has a big enough personality to carry the show. I didn't know Jillian was training a replacement - very interesting to see what this person will be like.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

From what I read today, the contestants season 11 will have a choice - train with Bob/Jillian and be there for sure 1 week, or choose the new duo and have immunity for 1 month - I would certainly take that deal!!

I think Bob's changed not so much in the being point man, but the changes to the show that start them (which I LIKE) NOT being a bob team or jill team, but trained by both trainers. This had meant he can work with everyone and not be as threatened that the bob team will be depleated, or that he won't be picked like when the contestants had the choice.

I like when the contestants get paired up with strangers too rather than coming in as a couple.
    N

CCL

I liked the beginning shows of this season where more people were under the yellow line and they had a chance to save themselves in a challenge. I'd like to see that back.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie

The one change I want to see is to go from 2 hours to 1 hour. Can't stand Allison repeating the same thing after commercial break....My thumb is exhausted by the end of the show from all the fast forwarding on the DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;4126397;
    From what I read today, the contestants season 11 will have a choice - train with Bob/Jillian and be there for sure 1 week, or choose the new duo and have immunity for 1 month - I would certainly take that deal!!I think Bob's changed not so much in the being point man, but the changes to the show that start them (which I LIKE) NOT being a bob team or jill team, but trained by both trainers. This had meant he can work with everyone and not be as threatened that the bob team will be depleated, or that he won't be picked like when the contestants had the choice.

I like when the contestants get paired up with strangers too rather than coming in as a couple.
    N
    I thought it was just one new trainer....not a duo...interesting.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

yoelmo21... I agree to an extent. I would love somewhere in between... an hour and a half would be about right.

I've noticed Bob has been more brutal this year... kicking a and being tougher in the gym. He may be taking on that aspect of Jillian for the future shows. Another change this year is the incorporation of far more nutritional training and I hope they continue that into the future. Otherwise, I'm not totally displeased with the format, though I'm just sick of Aly having to constantly repeat how many votes a person has during elimations.

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;4126397;
    From what I read today, the contestants season 11 will have a choice - train with Bob/Jillian and be there for sure 1 week, or choose the new duo and have immunity for 1 month - I would certainly take that deal!!

I think Bob's changed not so much in the being point man, but the changes to the show that start them (which I LIKE) NOT being a bob team or jill team, but trained by both trainers. This had meant he can work with everyone and not be as threatened that the bob team will be depleated, or that he won't be picked like when the contestants had the choice.

N

Where did you hear about a new duo? Jillian stated there was one new trainer, her replacement, who shadowed her for next season.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4125866;
    I for one would like a season similiar to season 1 where you had contestants that were not supersize that could be seen at the finale at their goal weights or very close to their goal weights, a 100 lbs or less.
    I totally agree.

I would be fine with Bob staying; I like him. Two new trainers would be okay too. I am not attached to who the trainers are.

Eliminate the tears and drama! I want to see positive attitudes and coaching sessions that get them excited about their new life as a thinner more confident person!

Show us them cooking their food, what they are eating and their thoughts about it. I don't need another nutrition lesson from Curtis Stone. I suspect the reason they avoid this subject is due to a higher calorie intake for the intense work outs. They may fear the viewing public will misinterpret what a normal day should look like. They are probably given protein shakes timed for the workouts, as well.

I would like to see the women and men compete with the same sex in the begining to avoid seeing so many women go early on. It happenes every year. Not sure how they would do this though.

I like the challenges, especially ones that involve eating forbidden foods. The cupcake challenge this year was brilliant.

In summation, positive attitudes, fewer tears, more on the relationships between them.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4126385;
    I agree that Bob has changed. He used to be more zen, more caring but now he seems to want to win first and foremost.

I don't know what the first few seasons are like but I don't want to go to a show where someone "only" has to lose twenty pounds.
    The first coupled of seasons were never about people who only had 20lbs to lose. While the first 2 eliminated during season 1 only lost 22 lbs each the rest of the cast lost between 57 - 122 lbs. That is pretty respectable. Gary who came in second lost 71lbs, he started at 227, made a remarkable transformation. He didn't even look like himself.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast