Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4122248;
    Time for weigh in:

Come on Ada....kick butt!!

What does Ali have on anyway?!

Elizabeth 192/177/-15/7.81%...not bad at all
    Frado 248/221/-27/10.89%....makes in the final three :-(
    Ada 179/167/-12/6.7%....
    Patrick 279/244/-35/12.54%....final two

Figures that we'd have to choose between two women.....Ada deserves to be in the final three but it will be really hard for her to win it against Frado and Patrick.....so does that mean to not vote her in so she has a better chance at winning the at-home money? BUT then again she'd have to go against Mark and I don't think she can beat him either....I think she has a better chance against Frado and Patrick.
    To be completely honest I don't think she can win either prize. Either Mark or Aaron will probably get the at home prize, though I'm betting on Mark. Frado and Patrick are both working hard and can lose more weight, while she does not have much more to lose. I don't think Elizabeth has a chance at either prize either. I'll probably vote for Ada since she deserves to at least compete for the top prize more, in my opinion.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well that was disappointing, I was so rooting for Ada to be in the top two. Those lost 2 or 3 weeks really did her in.
    Fredo has lost nearly 80% of what he needed to lose to hit the 50% weight loss goal, and Patrick is right behind him. Ada used to be right up there with the guys, but she's fallen back now...and E of course is nowhere.
    If Patrick gets to 50% lost he'll still be slightly above the "normal" weight for a man his height, and that's not true for the others. More on the numbers thread tomorrow. Have to say Patrick's face is looking quite cute these days! And I'm really impressed that his wife lost so much at home.

I agree with Fumalover that I don't think Ada has a chance to win either prize...neither does Elizabeth....and so I will vote for Ada b/c she deserves to be in the final 3 and you never know....she might just pull it off. Surely the men will plateau at some point.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Can they remove Ada's legs before the weigh in and then just reattach them after? Please, because otherwise Patrick or Frado will win!

Kao

I'm voting for Ada because I want her to be in the Final 3. Both men are doing well but you never know when a plateau will hit. And when they hit, they usually hit HARD.

Very impressed that Elizabeth was able to finish the marathon. She's come a long way from that girl that couldn't do 500 steps, and I hope she continues to do well.

Ada deserves to be in the final 3, I will be voting for her
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

To the Point

No way do I think Ada can win this thing, but I will certainly be voting for her over Elizabeth. I really like Ada, probably as much as I've ever like any contestant. I really don't like E. There is something about her that I just find annoying. I hope she just doesn't translate well over television. She's probably a really sweet girl in RL.

Ok since I did not get my perfect scenario...here is my 2nd choice....Ada wins home voting and beats both Frado and Patrick...I know it probably will not happen but in my rose colored world it could.
    There's no place like home!

Elizabeth has a blame someone else attitude and it drives me crazy. She doesn't take accountability for anything....always has an excuse.

I really want Ada to win the votes to make it to the final 3. Elizabeth was kept around much longer than she should have been which eliminated some really deserving people.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4122374;
    No way do I think Ada can win this thing, but I will certainly be voting for her over Elizabeth. I really like Ada, probably as much as I've ever like any contestant. I really don't like E. There is something about her that I just find annoying. I hope she just doesn't translate well over television. She's probably a really sweet girl in RL.
    E is one big walking talking excuse. She hasn't REALLY learned anything from this show. She'll put the weight back on eventually, no doubt.

A is one of the most admirable people to come out of this show, and with the most heart breaking story. This show fakes a lot of sob stories, but Ada's really deserves the tears. There's probably just cause to worry though that Ada might be the type to replace one type of compensating behavior (eating) with something else eventually (drugs, or something else). The girl's well of suffering is pretty deep, and despite what looked like a minor breakthrough with her Mom, it might not be enough. Ada is heroic (a rare commodity on this show--Tara may have been the last person to truly qualify)... but its not clear how much Ada has internalized those changes. Jillian's armchair psychology often bugs me... but this time she's right on the money. There's something still missing in Ada's "fix". Something I hope Ada gets a handle on.

Elizabeth just needs to lose this at-home vote and go away forever.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-09-2010 at 06:47 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast