+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4117774;
    A few weeks ago, one of the three (I think Brendan) stated that all of the people left thought they were in an alliance with the three. They had promised Ada final four, Mark final four, etc. That's why I think everything has been so easy for them.

I think if Ada is in the bottom two, America will vote her through.
    My fear is that if Elizabeth is in the bottom two with one of the two guys left, America will vote Elizabeth through. I'm sorry, I just don't think she belongs in the final three, even if people don't like Patrick and Frado.
    I didn't realize that viewers vote next week. As someone rooting for Ada I can see voting for Elizabeth to stay giving Ada a better shot at winning. Frado and Patrick are stiff competition and have good support when home.

Perfect scenario next week (IMO) Frado/Patrick under yellow line, one goes home the other has to beg for a chance to stay. I would like to see Frado under the yellow line and sent home!
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4118468;
    I am very curious what her parents reaction is as they watch this show and see their daughters pain. I will venture to guess that they are outraged and using this as more fuel for their fire. I can hear them telling her she disgraced the family.

I hope Ada is reading message boards so she can see how much support she has.
    I have deleted part of your post so this isn't lengthy. But I thought this too then I realized that her parents may not even be watching!!! How sad....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4118468;
    I am happy Brenden went home too! I knew one of them would go, without a doubt, when we saw that alliance claiming that one of the three was going to be the winner. Editing loves these moments!

Again Ada shares another horrific moment from her parents. "It should have been you." Really? This reaches far beyond cultural differences. These are despicable people. Hopefully, Ada is on her way to understanding that this is all about them and has nothing to do with her. That is a tall order and perhaps the fact their position is so extreme and horrible she can see this clearly at some point down the line. I would not be surprised to hear that the show pays for therapy. Not being loved unconditionally by your parents is a tough road. But your parents wishing you were dead instead of your brother is beyond comprehension.

I am very curious what her parents reaction is as they watch this show and see their daughters pain. I will venture to guess that they are outraged and using this as more fuel for their fire. I can hear them telling her she disgraced the family.

Does she live at home? I think she does. She must move out and surround herself with friends immediately!

Frado and Patrick are due for a bad week or that is what I am hoping anyway. I don't see Ada making it another week unless this happens. Elizabeth will be in the bottom two and if she is there with Ada it doesnt look good. The men have some pact to keep Elizabethe there as long as they can. And Ada would be the only threat, as well.

I hope Ada is reading message boards so she can see how much support she has.
    I don't think the men have any control anymore, other than trying to be sure they are the top 2. Even if Ada is in the bottom two those guys don't decide if she is final 3, we do. At least that's how I recall it, so I think she's safe from them.
    Re her parents, (and I'm assuming Ada isn't some kind of psycho who's been making this all up, which of course we can't really know), I agree, they are over the top. However from what I know of her family's culture and similar ones, it is common to feel that even going for therapy is a betrayal of the family, washing the family's dirty linen in public as it were, which makes it likely no one has ever gone, despite the family tragedies. Now that Ada has washed the family linen on national TV it seems very unlikely they will ever forgive her, unless this is such a bomb that things really blow up and the family dynamic collapses.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4119059;
    Re her parents, (and I'm assuming Ada isn't some kind of psycho who's been making this all up, which of course we can't really know), I agree, they are over the top. However from what I know of her family's culture and similar ones, it is common to feel that even going for therapy is a betrayal of the family, washing the family's dirty linen in public as it were, which makes it likely no one has ever gone, despite the family tragedies. Now that Ada has washed the family linen on national TV it seems very unlikely they will ever forgive her, unless this is such a bomb that things really blow up and the family dynamic collapses.
    I agree. Good will come from this. I do believe it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4119663;
    I agree. Good will come from this. I do believe it.
    We can hope for Ada at least--she's started to believe that "the talking cure" has some use for her I believe.

It was sweet justice seeing Brendan get eliminated because of the red line.

What I hope to see next week:

Frado and Patrick struggle at home and lose only a bit of weight while Ada stays consistent and loses the highest percentage of body weight. Elizabeth somehow pulls off 2nd place. Frado/Patrick are in the bottom and America votes for Patrick since Frado is the bigger threat. This leads Ada to her much-deserved win.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I adore Brendan. I wonder if he'll be successful in the real world, though. I could be wrong, but he strikes me as being clinically depressed. I'll be curious to see him at the finale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4120000;
    I adore Brendan. I wonder if he'll be successful in the real world, though. I could be wrong, but he strikes me as being clinically depressed. I'll be curious to see him at the finale.
    Well, he's continued losing but definitely not at the rate Mark has, and they left the same week at fairly close to the same place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4119059;
    I don't think the men have any control anymore, other than trying to be sure they are the top 2. Even if Ada is in the bottom two those guys don't decide if she is final 3, we do. At least that's how I recall it, so I think she's safe from them.
    I am a therapist and have found myself dealing with the cultural difference between our western culture and the Chinese, twice. It is a very difficut road and not easily mediated. I have spent many hours in sadness over two clients that I have helped negotiate this road. Sadly I am not sure how much progress was made. The roots are deep and profound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast