+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Are They Now?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4117693;
    I don't really find gum the same as eating a piece of say, cake. It's not a substitute for me (unfortunately!). But if you're going down that route Extra has new gum out called Dessert Delights - Strawberry Shortcake, Mint Chocolate Chip and Key Lime Pie. The Strawberry Shortcake one is pretty good. I've not tried the other two.
    Why do I think those would send me out looking for real Key lime pie, etc.!

I've tried them....I think all Extra gum looses their taste really quick. I personally like the Orbit White Bubblemint....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4117685;
    Anybody else think Ryan (season 1 winner) was lying through his teeth about losing it all again. I do. I just don't buy it. I don't he was ready and he felt pressured by all the other to say he would do it.
    Probably, but that he actually showed up this time after passing up all previous show-related appearances suggests he may be getting ready - or that they paid him handsomely to reappear
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4117299;
    I think that, at least in earlier seasons, Bob came across as easier to relate to, which almost felt like empathy. Jillian on the other hand was perceived as the merciless giver of beatdowns. A few contestants viewed Jillian as a challenge to be met, many viewed Bob as the trainer who would understand. So while their training methods were similar, it was the personality behind them that attracted or repelled certain contestants.

Lately Jillian and Bob have been moving towards each other though - I notice Bob doing a lot more yelling this season (and just about every episode he yells "and THAT was your last chance workout!" It's like a catchphrase, anymore), while we have been getting more of Jillian "breaking down the walls" of her trainees emotionally.
    I really like the fact that the past couple seasons they have not had the Bob/Jillian team split from the beginning. I much prefer watching them train and get to know all the contestants, and it prevents the MAJOR game playing that happened and came to a head in the Heba/Ed, Vicky/Brady season. Having the contestants get to experience two different approaches, with similar results has been great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123