+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion ***Spoiler Thread***

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion ***Spoiler Thread***

I would send Frado home b/c he is biggest threat and they are down to the final 6. But this group hasn't made some wise decisions this season....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here we go....

Bredan votes for Lisa
    Elizabeth votes for Lisa...she is so stupid....she votes for Lisa b/c of loyalty to Frado and Brendan
    Mark votes for Lisa b/c wants to keep the challenges and biggest threats.....I do like Mark and respect him for his decision but "ah pickles".....

Someone has to vote a member of the alliance OUT soon!!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Lisa left the ranch at 228lbs.

She is helping others with weight issues. She looks great! She has lost 89lbs total.

Only 3 episodes left.... next Tuesday new time at 9.

Don't forget the special tomorrow night!! I'll be cooking and cleaning but plan to watch!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4113014;
    Only 3 episodes left.... next Tuesday new time at 9.

Don't forget the special tomorrow night!! I'll be cooking and cleaning but plan to watch!!
    Thanks for the reminder about tomorrow's show. Can't wait.

Tonight's episode was pretty darn touching. I don't care what anyone says. I love Brendan and Fredo. They are really good, caring people.

the "pay it forward" theme really played out tonight. I teared up a couple of times over.

I was sooo touched by Ada's approach to the game/car and that Brendan jumped right on board - and on a teacher's salary, I'll be he could have used it himself.

THAT is what this world - and these shows - need more of. Our culture defines things in a way that is very self-oriented.

But why does it have to be that way? Just like Ada said, she got to the point where she satisfied her own standards and then helped another human being instead of winning the game for the sheer sake of winning.

Same with Mark. Man...when he voted Lisa off, I was really, REALLY surprised. I haven't seen all seasons (but most of them), but he might be the first player to keep someone in the game for the challenge of it. He could be throwing away a victory for what he did tonight, but I can't help but admire him for having goals that aren't just about "the big win".

Finally, Lisa was really impressive by calling on one of the women she met at the tryouts to train with. That was pretty amazing. It's said that people helping people helps themselves so i imagine this keeps Lisa on track. What a great win-win scenario. I am glad Lisa hung in there until she was at the point of appreciating what this show is about - and committing to it. Loved her with her kids....they seem to adore her, and her daughter seemed really scared her mom would die.

I just don't get the emphasis on winning in the same way most people do. I'm much more on board with Ada's line of thinking in this regard. I wish our culture was the same. We'd be far better off.

Just my opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4112993;
    Mark votes for Lisa b/c wants to keep the challenges and biggest threats.....I do like Mark and respect him for his decision but "ah pickles".....
    I think Mark's logic was not wanting to go against the aligned 3. Had he voted for Frado, it would not have sent him home and he knew that. Better to hang with the power. He is out of the loop and will go if he hits the bottom 2 anyway but he probably relieved some stress that would result from a vote for Frado.

What is the story with Ada's brother? I guess I missed that somewhere along the way.

I felt so bad for her that she doesn't have the support of her family. Looks like she has a great friend though. Can't ever have too many good friends.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4113421;
    What is the story with Ada's brother? I guess I missed that somewhere along the way.

I felt so bad for her that she doesn't have the support of her family. Looks like she has a great friend though. Can't ever have too many good friends.
    She and her brother were in a pool when she was around 4 (he was younger but not sure how old) and he drowned and her parents blamed her. There was also something with her other brother...I think a car accident and the brother was okay but the parents said something about her trying to kill another brother.

I have a feeling Ada still lives with her parents. I hope they can show her some love after this.

The makeovers were not that extreme. It seemed like they all reverted back to their old looks once the makeup came off and the fancy outfits were doffed. Except for Frado - he looks totally different.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

The Chinese culture can be tricky when it comes to son's being favored. I saw this first hand with someone I knew. It is a different world.

I hope Ada realizes that she can create a fabulous, happy life for herself without her parents ever extending the love she wants. It is all about them and accepting that will set her free.

She is going to have many new, loving people in her life after this show completes. Absolutely!

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4113608;
    The Chinese culture can be tricky when it comes to son's being favored. I saw this first hand with someone I knew. It is a different world.
    It depends; Ada's family seems to be particularly foul. If any of the Chinese women I know were on the show the producers would have to get a translator because they would have crammed everyone and their mother in the video (including old Aunt Ying from the old country who can't even get the show but wants to cheer her niece on regardless). To them, it would be considered shameful to NOT send in anything, and yes, my friends are second-gen. Ada just rolled craps in the family department, unfortunately.

She should be proud of herself. Hell, I'm proud of her and I don't even know her. And I'm glad that she has a good friend for support.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast