+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover;4102717;
    I disagree with the bolded. They all had a bad week last week due largely to the high sodium in the food at Camp Pendleton. That caused water weight gain, which they would have lost this week by going back to their "normal" routine. This would explain the higher than average numbers for them. It was basically two weeks of weight loss shown at one weigh-in. Same for Frado losing 18 lbs this week, since he gained 4 lbs last week. Aaron had the opposite problem. He had the only good number last week, and the only low number this week.
    Oh, good point! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll give a pass for Elizabeth and Lisa... but my bet is that if Jessica needs to continue pulling greater numbers, she will. She did say she hadn't pulled her A game yet. It'll be interesting to find out!

CCL: I also didn't see Ada's complaint as a boy/girl split. Looking at the three other women, Jessica and Elizabeth had the lowest percentages and Lisa didn't want to be there. I could understand wanting a Mark or something.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I just watched this week's episode. I don't like anybody there. Well, I liked Aaron and Jesse, but now they are gone. Get rid of crybaby Lisa and her waste of space sidekick Elizabeth.
    Wake up and be awesome

Kao

Just watched the previews for next week's show, and once again Ada's parents fail at life. Did they REALLY not make a videotape for her?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4103652;
    Just watched the previews for next week's show, and once again Ada's parents fail at life. Did they REALLY not make a videotape for her?
    Perhaps this experience will start her on the road to not looking to her parents for validation. Anothers opinion of us is not our business. It is theirs and that includes family. When we rely on others to determine our self worth we will never find it. I am rooting for her to get this simple piece of wisdom. Easy to understand and difficult to do.

Therapy will not help with this either. She has to adopt this philosophy and NEVER look back. We only have this now moment and our future. Time to start creating a good life. I know she can do this!

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4103709;
    Perhaps this experience will start her on the road to not looking to her parents for validation. Anothers opinion of us is not our business. It is theirs and that includes family. When we rely on others to determine our self worth we will never find it. I am rooting for her to get this simple piece of wisdom. Easy to understand and difficult to do.

Therapy will not help with this either. She has to adopt this philosophy and NEVER look back. We only have this now moment and our future. Time to start creating a good life. I know she can do this!
    Thank you so much for these words of wisdom; you have NO idea how much I needed to hear this right now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4104372;
    Thank you so much for these words of wisdom; you have NO idea how much I needed to hear this right now.
    I am happy that I helped you. Thanks for sharing that.

There are way too many 'poor me' tears on this show. Everyone has a story to tell and you can remain a victim or get it that our life is ours to create.

Who are we to think that anyone, our parents included, are here to behave in ways that please us or we deem acceptable? This thinking will get you nowhere. We are responsible for our lives and that begins right now! The simultaneous truth is that those who we seek to accept and love us will, if we choose to take this direction. But you cannot go into this in hopes of repairing any relationships. It is all about the relationship we have with ourselves.

Sorry to go on and on but this aspect bothers me tremendously. Biggest Loser has a golden opportunity to make this show positive and uplifting, illustrating to viewers and contestants that the road to a thinner body is exciting and joyful. It is a life changing experience so get out the cheerleaders, for cryin' out loud!

Jillian actually does coach the contestants with this knowledge some of the time. Her delivery needs work, though.

Just finished watching the show.....first time I have sat down in two weeks!! Anyway, love the yelow dress Ali had on. Second, the drama is too much this season and it is a different kind of drama than in past...not sure how to explain. Third, I guess I am going to root for Mark, Ada, and Jessica....really don't like who is left for different reasons.

Oh! I thought Bradan was a cop...not a school teacher.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To the Point

The drama is different this season and, like you, can't quite put words to the way in which it is different. Really makes it annoying for me to watch though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4105755;
    The drama is different this season and, like you, can't quite put words to the way in which it is different. Really makes it annoying for me to watch though.
    I think it is the mix of personalities that is creating less than ejoyable viewing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4105755;
    IMO, it is desperation. Many - if not most - of the contestants are on their last rung emotionally. It seems as if they will crack if they don't make it.

Maybe we are just seeing more of the back stories this season than in past seasons. Either way, and IMO, this group gives the perception of needing help in a uniquely deep way.

Sons and brothers dying, anorexic daughter, mentally abusive parents, parents dying of obesity, and so on. Collectively, this group is dealing with a lot of heavy stuff (no pun intended).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast