+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

  1. #11
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    I was really annoyed by everyone but Ada, Aaron, and Jessie.

    The guys were bad, but the girls were just as. The guys are just big bullies, and the girls don't seem to really care (except Ada). Even Jessica... when she mentioned she hadn't brought her A game yet, I couldn't believe it! All three besides Ada had numbers this week that they've never pullled before, so obviously they've all held back. Every last person except the three I mentioned above are more about the game than the weight loss. A bit more balance would be nice.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    I agree spockwhat.

    I get voting off the biggest threat, it is the obvious choice. A huge mistake Patrick and Jesse made was to announce to each other that friendship is more important that $250 grand. You really have to go into relationships knowing that at some point you just may have to vote out your best buddy. Don't make promises you cannot keep. I am sure they mended that fence and Jesse's words were in the heat of emotion.

    When Bob brought Jesse in to see Aaron we were supposed to believe they had not seen each other until then. They were very close and I knew that could not be true and Aaron's son blew that premise. He walked over to Jesse and touched him in a very familiar way. I am sure they have been in close contact and inspiring each other every step of the way. Why not show that? Good message, get a buddy to help you stay on track.

    Ada is the only one I can root for. Since they will be playing as individuals now, there is a chance she can win this. We are at a point where the lighter ones can keep up with the percentage more easily. Ada is determined and Jillian has her back and will make sure she does everything possible.

    I am stunned that not one man knew how to build a sugar cube tower.

  3. #13
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,594

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    Ada disappointed me with her whole "I want to be with the boys" spiel. I half-understand it as the other girls have had the lowest numbers but just the way she phrased it made it sound like being a girl was a problem in and of itself. Might be a personal issue with her, what with her parents drilling into her that she was not as important as her brothers. That said, I'm glad she and Jessica worked well together and got to stay.
    That Aaron and Jessie were the ones eliminated was not surprising, though it was disappointing. Both are class acts.
    Of the remaining players, I think I like Mark the best. He's one of the boys, but he is not part of the boy alliance and he seems like a good egg.
    Are they still going to be in duos next week?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  4. #14
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    I can't wait until I watch the episode. I thought I'd be able to tonight but now I'm not sure. sigh
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  5. #15
    Kao
    Kao is offline
    Donyale y Dali: OTP Kao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    Personally, I think that the whole "voting off the biggest threat" thing is the easy way out and wouldn't want to win that way. Why run against someone you could easily beat? I understand Ada's frustration with some of the girls, but she needs to wise up and see which way the wind is blowing, because otherwise she'll be gone the minute she drops below the yellow line.

    Jesse and Aaron looked great last night when Bob went to the house. Good for them!

  6. #16
    Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    882

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4102029;
    I was really annoyed by everyone but Ada, Aaron, and Jessie.

    The guys were bad, but the girls were just as. The guys are just big bullies, and the girls don't seem to really care (except Ada). Even Jessica... when she mentioned she hadn't brought her A game yet, I couldn't believe it! All three besides Ada had numbers this week that they've never pullled before, so obviously they've all held back. Every last person except the three I mentioned above are more about the game than the weight loss. A bit more balance would be nice.
    I disagree with the bolded. They all had a bad week last week due largely to the high sodium in the food at Camp Pendleton. That caused water weight gain, which they would have lost this week by going back to their "normal" routine. This would explain the higher than average numbers for them. It was basically two weeks of weight loss shown at one weigh-in. Same for Frado losing 18 lbs this week, since he gained 4 lbs last week. Aaron had the opposite problem. He had the only good number last week, and the only low number this week.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover;4102717;
    I disagree with the bolded. They all had a bad week last week due largely to the high sodium in the food at Camp Pendleton. That caused water weight gain, which they would have lost this week by going back to their "normal" routine. This would explain the higher than average numbers for them. It was basically two weeks of weight loss shown at one weigh-in. Same for Frado losing 18 lbs this week, since he gained 4 lbs last week. Aaron had the opposite problem. He had the only good number last week, and the only low number this week.
    Yes, I agree. We will see lower numbers next week for the women who surprised us.

    CCL. I think, if there was another woman pullling high numbers we would have heard Ada say something else. I don't think her wanting to be with the boys statement had anything to do with women in general. She was driven and bonded with some of the men early on because they were on the same track. Let's face it, the women this year are just not compelling with the exception of Ada.

    Kao. A lot of the drive to vote off the biggest threat is born out of an intense desire to stay on the ranch another week. I would venture to say it is less about the money. They all know it will be much harder at home and want every advantage to get in shape and change their lives. Only one can win but the ones who stay longer lose more faster. No one can carve the time out of their RL to work out as much and have the control over their food as they do at the ranch. I can't even imagine the thrill they feel as they experience their bodies becoming thinner than they can remember.

  8. #18
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4102841;
    Yes, I agree. We will see lower numbers next week for the women who surprised us.

    CCL. I think, if there was another woman pullling high numbers we would have heard Ada say something else. I don't think her wanting to be with the boys statement had anything to do with women in general. She was driven and bonded with some of the men early on because they were on the same track. Let's face it, the women this year are just not compelling with the exception of Ada.

    Kao. A lot of the drive to vote off the biggest threat is born out of an intense desire to stay on the ranch another week. I would venture to say it is less about the money. They all know it will be much harder at home and want every advantage to get in shape and change their lives. Only one can win but the ones who stay longer lose more faster. No one can carve the time out of their RL to work out as much and have the control over their food as they do at the ranch. I can't even imagine the thrill they feel as they experience their bodies becoming thinner than they can remember.
    Totally agree about the Ada and the women! Ada is a force. She has been serious about her progress from the beginning.

    Not quite as on board with the second. I do think that all of the contestants want to change and lose the weight, however, I do think that for some that is as much motivated by the money as by the need to change. I don't think it necessarily starts out that way, but I believe that once things begin it takes root it grows a bit each week. For some of the contestants it becomes the kudzu of their experience. It just completely takes over any other motivation.

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4102853;
    Totally agree about the Ada and the women! Ada is a force. She has been serious about her progress from the beginning.

    Not quite as on board with the second. I do think that all of the contestants want to change and lose the weight, however, I do think that for some that is as much motivated by the money as by the need to change. I don't think it necessarily starts out that way, but I believe that once things begin it takes root it grows a bit each week. For some of the contestants it becomes the kudzu of their experience. It just completely takes over any other motivation.
    I will concede that money is in the mix, for sure and go with both as motivation.

    Kudzu. Hysterical.

  10. #20
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185

    Re: 11/9 show discussion **spoilers**

    For the second season in a row I'm finding it incredibly difficult to get behind any of them. I love to see the transformations, but I just don't care who wins. The one person that I would like to see more of is Ada. Her story is so sad to me with no support from her family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.