Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 11/2 Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Was there any indication why Frado gained 4lbs? Personally I do not care for his attitude and would vote him out first chance I could. I did not get the show here last night because of basketball
    There's no place like home!

CCL

He (Frado) was quick to point out that it wasn't strategic. And he was already apologizing for gaining before the scale even showed the numbers so... not sure. Jillian and others did point out some drawbacks at being at the marine camp - they were out of their normal schedule, the food had a lot of sodium in it, they couldn't measure their food, they weren't sleeping right etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks for the "recap" Mandmomm. I missed the show.

Loved the one-hour format. There was never any need to drag out the final weigh-in to nearly 45 minutes. I wish it was an hour every week...they can have their 2-hour finale, like other reality shows.

I'm also happy Anna is gone. I wasn't a fan of her dramatics. She & Elizabeth are dead weight on that team, and it annoys the crap out of me because I'm an Ada fan. At this point in the competition there should be no swooning and having to be dragged along by your teammates.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4097426;
    Loved the one-hour format. There was never any need to drag out the final weigh-in to nearly 45 minutes. I wish it was an hour every week...they can have their 2-hour finale, like other reality shows.

I'm also happy Anna is gone. I wasn't a fan of her dramatics. She & Elizabeth are dead weight on that team, and it annoys the crap out of me because I'm an Ada fan. At this point in the competition there should be no swooning and having to be dragged along by your teammates.
    Ada made it pretty clear that she will only go so far in supporting Elizabeth. When she revealed her vote, she implied that it was between Anna and Elizabeth and that she'd like to allow Elizabeth the chance to stay one more week. Those aren't her exact words, but she was clear that this was a temporary "pass".

Elizabeth's time will come soon, I think. But, as someone posted above, Ada is naive to think those men won't kick her to the curb when it becomes necessary to do so. In fact, she may be in more danger than Elizabeth because she is more of a threat.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ada's much more of a threat. If you ask me the minute she's not the biggest loser on her team she's gone.... Maybe even before Elizabeth.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4097426;

Just stopping in to check if the show was indeed 1 hour. I went to my DVRed stuff and saw it only recorded an hour and I almost started to freak. Keep the 1 hour format!!!!!
    Wake up and be awesome

To the Point

[QUOTE=Jexter;4096934;]What?! The scale isn't real?!?!? I'm a naive old fool.

Like Bob said, the numbers tonight were pretty revealling. There were a handful who lost decent amounts. So why did they lose and the others didn't?

I don't blame the scale. I think most of them let themselves go a bit. I imagine this was somewhat unintentional and very easy to do under the circumstances.

Reg. Elizabeth....I really do give the girl props. She is the energizer bunny. And, what Jillian said about asthma not mattering is completely wrong. I have two kids - Irish twins. I remember when they were little, we'd go to the park and run for whatever reason. Even though she was a year older than my son, my daughter would always fall behind. I distinctly remember making a mental note of that. All else was fine so I never pursued it with a doctor. It wasn't until she was about 9 or 10 that she was diagnosed with asthma. My point being that it does really slow people down.

You are absolutely correct. Exercise is still incredibly important, however, mind over matter it isn't. I often do not realize that I am in trouble until someone else tells me that I am turning blue. Not a good thing! Having extra weight definitely makes it even more of an issue. I could not believe the way Jillian was ragging on her one night. I think she just feels it's all about being out of shape, however, if she happens to be wrong it could very well be tragic.

FORT Fan

Last night's episode proved two things in my mind:
    1. You can work out like crazy, but it won't do you a bit of good if you don't eat right.

2. This show is much better as a one-hour show. I actually enjoyed the whole show and liked the fact that I didn't have to Fast Forward through so much of it. I can totally do without all the extra drama at the weigh-in and vote-off.

FORT Newbie

+1 on keeping the 1 hour format. Now how do we let NBC know?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast