Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 11/2 Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Elimination

Patrick votes Anna
    Ada votes Anna
    Anna votes Elizabeth
    Brenden votes Anna

Why did the girls not vote out a guy? They are stupid...in the long term....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Anna started at 330 lbs. Now she is 250 lbs. She looks great.

I don't think I like a one hour show...... I think 1-1/2 hrs would be best. I felt everything was rushed.

Previews for next week looks great!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Hi mandmmom... I missed it... I was working at the polls today. Thanks for the updates and I'm sad to see Anna leave.

No problem. I'm make butternut squash and shallot soup so I was updating and cutting squash and watching election results at once.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Boy, Mark and Ada are really doing well. Details tomorrow in the #s thread which is closed now.

They said the food was salty, so maybe in effect everyone was forced into waterloading. Maybe we'll see some major drops next week from those who only lost a pound or two or even gained this week.

I felt like I was watching it in fast forward. They have dragged it out to that 2 hour format for so long that when 8:30 came around and they were doing their last chance workout I thought I had missed something- didn't realize it was only an hour. I think an hour was a bit too quick, but 2 is too long. Whomever said 90 minutes upthread has a good idea. They did 90 minutes on Project Runway this year and I really liked that length.

Does anyone else wonder if the producers mess with the numbers on the scale for a more dramatic episode? Since the Biggest Loser scale is a big 'ole fake scale anyway, I suppose it's possible so next week they can miraculously huge numbers. I don't buy that it was their diet this week- they burned some serious calories this week by wearing extra layers, carrying extra things, and doing some pretty intense training. I'm not sure I believe that most only lost a few pounds and some of them gained- it just seems a bit sketchy..

Ok...stepping down off the grassy knoll now...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4096919;
    Does anyone else wonder if the producers mess with the numbers on the scale for a more dramatic episode? Since the Biggest Loser scale is a big 'ole fake scale anyway, I suppose it's possible so next week they can miraculously huge numbers. I don't buy that it was their diet this week- they burned some serious calories this week by wearing extra layers, carrying extra things, and doing some pretty intense training. I'm not sure I believe that most only lost a few pounds and some of them gained- it just seems a bit sketchy..

Ok...stepping down off the grassy knoll now...
    What?! The scale isn't real?!?!? I'm a naive old fool.

Like Bob said, the numbers tonight were pretty revealling. There were a handful who lost decent amounts. So why did they lose and the others didn't?

I don't blame the scale. I think most of them let themselves go a bit. I imagine this was somewhat unintentional and very easy to do under the circumstances.

Reg. Elizabeth....I really do give the girl props. She is the energizer bunny. And, what Jillian said about asthma not mattering is completely wrong. I have two kids - Irish twins. I remember when they were little, we'd go to the park and run for whatever reason. Even though she was a year older than my son, my daughter would always fall behind. I distinctly remember making a mental note of that. All else was fine so I never pursued it with a doctor. It wasn't until she was about 9 or 10 that she was diagnosed with asthma. My point being that it does really slow people down.

That Elizabeth presses on is pretty impressive - even though she isn't dropping as much as some of the others.

And, she's actually doing as well - if not better than - the two girls on the other team.

I was sad to see Anna go. I really liked the interview with her son. She looked happy. I hope it lasts.

Reg. the 2 hour format - I love it. This is the ONE show that I find inspiring.

Kao

Thank you so much for the updates mandmmom2; we had 3 hours of election coverage so tonight's show was preempted.

Voting Anna off was such a stupid move it's unreal. The minute Ada slips below the yellow line she's gone.

yes...sorry....the scale is fake. They weigh them off camera before the 'filmed weighing'. That way they can decided which order to call them up to the scale and make it more dramatic. Also, I'm sure they have a much more accurate scale off camera that measures like normal scales do (150.8lbs, 234.3lbs, etc) so they can round up or down depending on the number.

It also has always bugged me that Ali says "Tim, you must have lost more than 6 pounds to beat Jim". Why doesn't she say "Tim, you must have lost 7 pounds or more to beat Jim". I've always wondered if it has something to do with those off camera half and quarter pounds we never see, so technically, Tim could lose 6.2lbs to beat Jim- we just never see that on TV.

CCL

I actually greatly preferred the hour-long episode format. I didn't find it rushed whereas I feel the two-hour show has too much filler.

Anna is doing great - good for her.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast