+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10/19 Discussion Thread ***Spoiler***

Re: 10/19 Discussion Thread ***Spoiler***

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4087703;
    Is this the contesant who was brought back tonight? Her story was heart-wrenching. She is really not over the loss of her son at all. She is a lovely woman who is empty inside. It's heart-wrenching.

I think I would be the same if I were her.

I *REALLY* hope these contestants are getting therapy behind the scenes.
    Yes it was. She has a lot of healing to do internally and externally. I do wonder if they have therapists besides Jillian
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Kao

I think the other guys stuck to their word and didn't waterload but there's NO WAY IN HELL Brendan didn't throw that weigh-in. Everyone else who got lower numbers either looked disappointed or upset. He merely shrugged like "Oh well"and it was like he expected the numbers to be low.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4087820;
    Yes it was. She has a lot of healing to do internally and externally. I do wonder if they have therapists besides Jillian
    I have to say that I would be incredibly offended (pissed really) if someone like Jillian tried to be my unsolicited therapist about a topic so deep and painful.

Jillian is generally spot on with her assessments but she's not an authority and for something so extreme, her psychobabble would be maddening.

I like Bob because he seems a little bit more mindful of what his job is and what lines he should cross and not cross.

CCL

^ Agree. I think Jillian means well, but she is not a trained psychiatrist/therapist (to my knowledge) and needs to be aware of that.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4088592;
    ^ Agree. I think Jillian means well, but she is not a trained psychiatrist/therapist (to my knowledge) and needs to be aware of that.
    I don't know if Jillian is, but her mother is. Jillian's mother even came on the show one season for a day and talked to several contestants about their problems. I'm sure Jillian learned a lot from her, and that's why she tries to help them.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

CCL

I know that Jillian's mother is a therapist, but that doesn't mean that Jillian is qualified to give psychiatric advice. My father might be an electrician, and I might have learned some things about wiring from his stories, but that doesn't mean people should hire me to re-wire their house. Same holds true for Jillian. I know she is trying to help, but I don't think she has the qualifications to deal with serious mental problems/issues that some of these contestants have. I believe they do have psychiatrists/therapists at their disposal at the ranch, however (I think I read this somewhere).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345