+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I like it more when the 'save yourself' challange involves more skill (running/jumping/weights/etc) rather than luck. Even though digging through 275 tons of dirt is definitely a work-out, finding the ring was more about luck than anything else. In a challenge to save yourself I think it should be something a little more that you can control. I mean you can dig the biggest, fastest hole, but if the brass ring is on the other side of the pile, you haven't done a bit of good in saving yourself.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4077977;
    I like it more when the 'save yourself' challange involves more skill (running/jumping/weights/etc) rather than luck. Even though digging through 275 tons of dirt is definitely a work-out, finding the ring was more about luck than anything else. In a challenge to save yourself I think it should be something a little more that you can control. I mean you can dig the biggest, fastest hole, but if the brass ring is on the other side of the pile, you haven't done a bit of good in saving yourself.
    I have to agree with you here. Also, I could see why the guy was not happy with the girl digging right beside him grabbing that ring. It appeared that she did reach into a hole for which he was responsible.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4077921;
    Tina went home. She is now down to 205 (from 263) and her daughter has lost 85 pounds.

I actually like the way they do the elimination now, with them getting a chance to save themselves.

Ada gets practically no air time. I keep forgetting she's there.
    And she's doing so well! Must mean she'll be around for a while I guess.

I agree with the posters above that I would like a challenge that is a little less luck based. Totally random whether you are digging in the right place or not.

FORT Fogey

I'd like it if they left out the sob stories. Once is enough, but they keep repeating themselves. I finally hit the "mute" button. There's too much whining. Also, another network had a show where the contestants walked several miles a day every day. I think it was six or ten miles a day. People weren't voted off. As long as they were able to keep walking, they stayed on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4078895;
    I'd like it if they left out the sob stories. Once is enough, but they keep repeating themselves. I finally hit the "mute" button. There's too much whining. Also, another network had a show where the contestants walked several miles a day every day. I think it was six or ten miles a day. People weren't voted off. As long as they were able to keep walking, they stayed on the show.
    The show is called Fat March and there is a thread about it in the Other Reality Shows section.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4079658;
    The show is called Fat March and there is a thread about it in the Other Reality Shows section.
    Thanks for the info. They walked about eleven miles a day. It's too bad there was only one season of that show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I seem to recall they did lose several people along the way to injury... it wasn't well thought out in the sense of any kind of progression of building strength...or calluses....plus they were sleeping on the ground camping as I recall...not great for people who may have sleep apnea, etc. Plus no upper body work. BUT it did help a lot of them lose weight AND, the big plus, no one got voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4077977;
    Interesting take on it. I was glad for the luck aspect because I think the others are more slanted towards younger contestants. The running one was never going to be won by the women who was in last place every single time. Her age and perhaps she was never fast to begin with made it unfair to her. If it's a challenge that most everyone should be level to begin with I'm ok with those. I know the digging was some luck, but it did give everyone the same chance, unlike the running challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123