+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/28 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sheila;4072378;
    Easy to understand. She probably comes from an abusive situation and the mother has been sabotaging her all her life, hence her enormous weight gain. Solution: lose the weight, move out of state, see them from seldom to never. Sorry, guys, it's the only solution.
    You're right, Sheila. I see what you mean. I am glad she has Dan to help her though. That's one bright spot. I didn't see who takes care of her sibling.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't think she meant the mom wasn't actually there, but that she wasn't "there" for her on her weight loss "journey". The evidence, she specifically asked mom to dump the chocolate before she came home, and there was a giant open chocolate bar on the counter... Not helpful! And after she'd asked her mom to lose with her... I'm pretty sure that was her in the family chat during the Dr. H. segment.
    By the way, lousy ad for that Skype competitor....freezing and jerkiness in all the conversations. I'd certainly never buy that after that demo!
    I thought the older man with the biggest weight loss might save another oldster--AND the person who was closest to the yellow line, Tina. Was surprised he took the young guy---he could be sorry about that. I was glad we never got to see that orange kid's vote...he didn't deserve to vote out Tina who did better than he did.
    Whatever their motivation, glad she's still there....and glad the 22 year old has found support and is progressing. She's still heavy but no longer head turning heavy. Sexy if you like the curvy women.
    We've had male vs. female battles in the past, but I don't think it's ever been SO extremely divided before.

To date Allie has lost 106lbs which is a total of 32.92% weight loss. If she keeps it up she really could take the at home prize...which is unusal for the ones that leave so early in the game. I'm proud of her though and it goes to show where Danny's heart is that he is taking time to really help her.

I do think her mom has a screw loose. I would never have something in the house that would sabatooge my kids...even if it was my biggest weakness and I had no will power (I'd get it somewhere else at that point). Also, wonder why there was no family/friend welcome when she got home like there normally is....or did I miss that somehow?

This is definitely the battle of the sexes...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

That was sad. I am glad to see the previous contestant was there for her to help her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4072484;
    To date Allie has lost 106lbs which is a total of 32.92% weight loss. If she keeps it up she really could take the at home prize...which is unusal for the ones that leave so early in the game. I'm proud of her though and it goes to show where Danny's heart is that he is taking time to really help her.

I do think her mom has a screw loose. I would never have something in the house that would sabatooge my kids...even if it was my biggest weakness and I had no will power (I'd get it somewhere else at that point). Also, wonder why there was no family/friend welcome when she got home like there normally is....or did I miss that somehow?

I felt bad for her for leaving so early, but it's great to see she has found some support and success at home. I think Danny is really the sort of guy who would really want success for her as badly as she wants it for herself, and will give all he can to be the supportive mentor she needs. Like, it makes me happy for both her AND him that they have each other in this way. I think helping her gives him joy, and he is supporting her in a way no one else ever has. Great fit, possibly better than being one of a dozen people on the ranch would have been for her.

And yes, red girl was running either sloppy or dirty or both with her arms, but the lanes thing was bull. They were all racing to a central point - they needed to converge sooner or later. You don't want her arms hitting you? Get off to a faster start than her. I won't hold it against Burgandy YET - some people are intense competitors and perceived dirty play feels like a personal attack - but if she holds a grudge into next week then yes, she does need to get over it.

That some players lost close to and above 10% of their starting weight by the first weigh-in - wow.

Also like the element of competition to stay on the ranch. Another gameplay wrench would be that it could save a strong player who has a bad week on the scale but who contestants have been waiting to oust from the competition. I don't know if it will need so much tweaking after week one - men drop huge numbers that first weigh-in every season and I think only one woman has ever exceeded 20 pounds? I wonder if the playing field will level a bit after week 2.
    _(Moo!)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, the lanes thing really bothered me. People on the outer lanes had to run further, plus all these large women smashing into each other in the center... imagine how rough it would have been if it were the guys competing? Why not have a flag in each lane? It was basically a sprint, but if it had been a longer race one of the slower starters might have caught up...but then she'd have had to bust through the crowd in the middle or go around them.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4072484;

I thought they said she'd lost 60 lbs.? Sorry for the double post!

Kao

I felt so bad for Allie last night. Isn't she the same one that had surgery when she was 14? Personally, I think the chocolate bar thing was a re-enactment of what happened when she got home, but what a horrible, horrible thing to deal with. I'm glad she's getting support.

The jury's still out for me on Red Girl, but I also noticed that she crossed over Allie last night as well (and was doing the arm shove thing). Hmmm.

They need to do something to level the playing field. Otherwise, women on this show (as well as anyone weighing under 275) is at a distinct disadvantage. The men who dropped 30+ those first 2 weeks were all over 300 lbs, and in some cases closer to 400.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4072594;
    I thought they said she'd lost 60 lbs.? Sorry for the double post!
    I'm sure they said 60 pounds but maybe mandmmom2 got a more recent update somewhere else?

I thought for sure they were going to keep Tina over Allie. I liked them both so I wasn't rooting for one to go over the other.

Sophia bugged me and I found her ribbon in her ponytail annoying. But that's just me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It might only be 60lbs. I thought they said she now weighed 216....I could have heard wrong...she started at 322.

I just watched the video on nbc and she said she lost 60lbs...not sure where I got 216 as her current weight. I need more sleep.
    Last edited by mandmmom2; 09-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast