+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing with the numbers

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Playing with the numbers

This week Mark is still leading in the race to have lost 50% of his/her weight, but not as much in the lead as he was before. Adaís now number 2 and only half a percentage point behind him, whereas last week Mark was nearly 3% points ahead of his nearest competitor, Jesse, who got voted out.

Mark has lost more than 53% of the weight he needs to have lost to reach a 50% loss goal
    Ada is at 53%
    Fredo 52%
    Brendan 50%
    Patrick 50%
    Lisa 42%
    Jessica 39% (but had made it to 58% when seen in the follow up)
    Elizabeth 34%
    As usual, there are no actual ties, Iíve just rounded to the nearest % point, so the order they are in represents the slight differences between them. All the remaining guys plus Ada still have a chance.

I sure hope that Ada will pass them all up and win this thing.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Me, too! But I fear they will get rid of her the first time she's below the yellow line just because she's doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4109161;
    Me, too! But I fear they will get rid of her the first time she's below the yellow line just because she's doing so well.
    Of course they will! Maybe she'll keep kicking butt.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Jessica making it to 58% with still more to go is pretty nifty. I would love to see her win the at home contest. I like her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4109916;
    Jessica making it to 58% with still more to go is pretty nifty. I would love to see her win the at home contest. I like her.
    I like her too. I'd like to see the at-home win go to her or Aaron. Both could really use a huge confidence booster.

The only contestant I haven't cared for this season is the grandmother from Oregon. I like all the rest. It's been sad seeing my favorites get bumped off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4109530;
    Of course they will! Maybe she'll keep kicking butt.....
    ....or you could just do what Tara did: don't fall below! She was the biggest threat and she was never eligible for elimination. Even during the teams, they never lost. It was pretty amazing and I think Ada can do that.

If she falls below at final 4 I think it's obvious America saves her.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Been away, but trying to get the #s up for last week before they lock the threads....
    Mark is still in the lead towards losing 50% of his initial weight, Ada and Frado are neck and neck behind him, with Frado beating out Ada by a tenth of a percentage point. As usual the other women are way way behind the rest.

Mark has lost 58% of what he needs to lost to hit 50% lost
    Frado has lost 57%
    Ada 57%
    Patrick 55%
    Brendan 54%
    Lisa 42%
    Elizabeth 39%

As of the show last week Lisa had made it to 62% of what she needed to have a 50% weight loss.
    So Mark, Frado and Ada are staying in the top 3, but the other two guys are not that far behind.

The top three is really close....wow!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This week's report on progress towards losing 50% of one's weight. Mark has been the leader on this seemingly forever, but tonight he lost that lead and everything else as we saw. I would think his progress might give him a good shot at the at home prize though, especially given what we learned about his progress at home. The new leader is Frado, who really leapt ahead this week.

Fredo has lost 65% of what he needs to have lost to get to the 50% mark.
    Mark has lost 61%
    Ada has lost 61% (there's a 4/100 of a percent difference between her and Mark!)
    Patrick has lost 61%
    Brendan has lost 56%
    Elizabeth has lost 43%

From the at home reports Brendan has now lost 69% of what he needs to hit the 50% mark, while Mark has lost 82% of what he needed to lose to hit 50%!!! What a difference!!! And you can really see it. Brendan seems to have lost steam, but is still losing.

For the final four Elizabeth has no hope of being in the top two. After such a big loss Fredo may not do so well next time, so it could still be a three way race for the top two. Go, Ada!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast