+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/25 Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3914305;
    Not a legitimate win?
    Well, he didn't lose the highest percentage of weight loss. I wish he had. Koli beat him.

FORT Fanatic

"Good season! Good finale! I was glad to see Shay again!
    I have a list of the real biggest losers of the night:
    Migdalia - she only lost 20 pounds in all of those months at home.
    Andrea - she only lost 8 pounds at home.
    Daris - he "won" the right to compete for the big prize but would have won the at home prize. He went home with nothing.
    Melissa - don't wear a skin-tight outfit when you've got a lot of excess skin.

Biggest winners:
    O'Neal - because everyone loves him
    Victoria - for looking so good!
    Sam - the "WOW" moment of the night and the $250,000!
    Koli - lost the highest percentage of weight loss and inspired America with his dedication and hard work!"

I'm sure I am one of many FORTers who speaks from experience about the (continuous)struggles to lose weight, whether a lot or a little....I thought it way off base to denigrate Migdalia's and Drea's weight losses....everyone knows the weight losses duing the competition are ridiculously extraordinary. They've happened during the most UNREAL circumstances (6-8 hours a day of extreme workouts, nonstop professional help in the forms of trainers, dieticians, physicians, etc). Any physician promoting healthy long term weight loss (with the hopes of keeping it off), would recommend 1-2 pounds steady steady loss per week, after the initial big losses at the beginning.
    Migdalia went home to the stresses of life--kids, a husband overseas, prob a job, etc. Finding and making time to exercise. To continue to lose is a big accomplishment.
    What did Koli say last week that he did while at home...? "slept and exercised ', even went to Vegas to continue extreme exercise rigimens ... no mention of A JOB, no stress to provide a roof over his head or to support a family. Last night he seemed out of it, almost disoriented at times, even depressed. His facial expressions, tone of voice, body language..he came out shrieking ( and looking like a jerk, imo), and left like a beaten man (YES even AFTER winning the 100K). I think he has a difficult road ahead.

I agree that O'Neal's appearance was thrilling and uplifting and the best was the Red team not winning one thin dime (no pun intended lol).

Quote Originally Posted by wymama;3914496;
    Eric did look good. I'm hoping for the sake of his heart, he doesn't keep yo-yo'ing. Did you notice Danny, though? He had gained back a bit. I know he was way too skinny at the finale, but I had hoped he'd gain enough to look fit and not so much that he borders overweight again.
    Maybe we are thinking of different Danny's b/c to me he looked great! I will have to go back and check it out since I DVR'd it...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;3914665;
    "Good season! Good finale! I was glad to see Shay again!
    I have a list of the real biggest losers of the night:
    Migdalia - she only lost 20 pounds in all of those months at home.
    Andrea - she only lost 8 pounds at home.
    Daris - he "won" the right to compete for the big prize but would have won the at home prize. He went home with nothing.
    Melissa - don't wear a skin-tight outfit when you've got a lot of excess skin.

Biggest winners:
    O'Neal - because everyone loves him
    Victoria - for looking so good!
    Sam - the "WOW" moment of the night and the $250,000!
    Koli - lost the highest percentage of weight loss and inspired America with his dedication and hard work!"

I'm sure I am one of many FORTers who speaks from experience about the (continuous)struggles to lose weight, whether a lot or a little....I thought it way off base to denigrate Migdalia's and Drea's weight losses....everyone knows the weight losses duing the competition are ridiculously extraordinary. They've happened during the most UNREAL circumstances (6-8 hours a day of extreme workouts, nonstop professional help in the forms of trainers, dieticians, physicians, etc). Any physician promoting healthy long term weight loss (with the hopes of keeping it off), would recommend 1-2 pounds steady steady loss per week, after the initial big losses at the beginning.
    Migdalia went home to the stresses of life--kids, a husband overseas, prob a job, etc. Finding and making time to exercise. To continue to lose is a big accomplishment.
    What did Koli say last week that he did while at home...? "slept and exercised ', even went to Vegas to continue extreme exercise rigimens ... no mention of A JOB, no stress to provide a roof over his head or to support a family. Last night he seemed out of it, almost disoriented at times, even depressed. His facial expressions, tone of voice, body language..he came out shrieking ( and looking like a jerk, imo), and left like a beaten man (YES even AFTER winning the 100K). I think he has a difficult road ahead.

I agree that O'Neal's appearance was thrilling and uplifting and the best was the Red team not winning one thin dime (no pun intended lol).
    Well, our opinions differ! Maybe I could give Migdalia a pass because she had a lot on her plate with her husband going off to war. Drea's 8 pounds in how many months means she wasn't sticking to the program. That's not good.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3914697;
    Maybe we are thinking of different Danny's b/c to me he looked great! I will have to go back and check it out since I DVR'd it...
    Well, now I'm wondering if I looked at the wrong guy or if maybe his shirt was just hanging funny. Everything I find online is showing he has maintained his weight loss.

I am concerned about next season. Michael was 526 lbs starting out, what will be the gimmick next season? I would like to see them come back around to how this all began.
    I will be very curious to see who keeps off the weight, I have serious doubts about Koli and some about Michael.
    I do see a lot of cosmetic surgery for many of the contestants in the next few months and taking off a lot of the skin will show a large weight loss.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I would give a lot to see what kinds of scarring results from all that skin removal.... Not just morbid curiosity.... Hmmm maybe there's a plastic surgery website somewhere that discusses it....

PWS: Just Google Abdominoplasty

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3914646;
    Well, he didn't lose the highest percentage of weight loss. I wish he had. Koli beat him.
    Actually, Michael beat him because Michael made it to the final three and Koli did not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3914751;
    Well, our opinions differ! Maybe I could give Migdalia a pass because she had a lot on her plate with her husband going off to war. Drea's 8 pounds in how many months means she wasn't sticking to the program. That's not good.
    You know...I thought the same thing until I remembered how...what's her name...Barney and his partner?....she couldn't even loose like every other person on the ranch and didn't loose much at home. Come to find out she had some medical problems that was preventing the weight loos. Maybe Drea is doing all she can but she has a thryoid problem or hormonal problem or something. Not sure. We may never know.

I just want them all to be healthy. Healthy eating and healthy exercising.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread