+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3908854;
    Yeah, I don't know why Jillian "had" to take a helicopter other than a matter of time. Daris is in Ardmore, Oklahoma... smack dab in between OK City and Dallas. Less than an hour and a half drive from either.. and Ardmore has an airport, too. Not a big national airport, but... ?

But... that doesn't mean that Ardmore is exactly what others would consider "booming" with a lot of options. I wasn't exactly surprised with the gym he had available to him.

Wonder how old he is? College? Maybe he needs to get out on his own, find himself...it may take going to OK City or Dallas.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

He's 26 and his MySpace says he's still attending OK State University... on the Main Campus.

I agree with you guys.. I think Daris, perhaps, is one of those that thinks (thought) his life would magically change when he lost weight. And now that he's lost the weight he's having a hard time dealing with the emotions inside himself so he's somewhat sabotaging himself. When you're insecure... it's easy to use the weight as an excuse for why you don't have, or do, some things. He's removed that protective barrier and it's probably pretty damned scary.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-20-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3908871;
    He's 26 and his MySpace says he's still attending OK State University... on the Main Campus.

I agree with you guys.. I think Daris, perhaps, is one of those that thinks (thought) his life would magically change when he lost weight. And now that he's lost the weight he's having a hard time dealing with the emotions inside himself so he's somewhat sabotaging himself. When you're insecure... it's easy to use the weight as an excuse for why you don't have, or do, some things. He's removed that protective barrier and it's probably pretty damned scary.
    I do agree. While losing the weight is a wonderful accomplishment that does directly impact his health and his future, he still needs to work on himself. Yes it sucks but I hope he can get over it. He needs a mentor from MTV's Made to show him how to be social with the ladies. It is a skill set he needs to pickup.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree Bearcata and Broadway. He needs to really do some soul searching. I hope to see not only a physical change for the good at the finale but also an emotionally and inward change for the good.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Don't actually think viewer voting on any network show is honest. The show producer or networks have a hard time with honesty. However, all of these contestants do a fantastic job with weight loss regardless of how the producers spin it. I will vote for Daris hoping the votes will be counted, and not decided by the show. I would like to see proof of the vote counts on any of these shows........my guess, it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3908962;
    Don't actually think viewer voting on any network show is honest. The show producer or networks have a hard time with honesty. However, all of these contestants do a fantastic job with weight loss regardless of how the producers spin it. I will vote for Daris hoping the votes will be counted, and not decided by the show. I would like to see proof of the vote counts on any of these shows........my guess, it's not going to happen.
    Nope...will never happen. They will put in there who they want but I don't see that for this show putting in someone who is more dramatic than the other will help ratings....it isn't like there is another episode after this one.

Next week's finale is up DIRECTLY against the Idol performance finale AND the Dancing With the Stars Results Finale?

Bad. Planning.

All they had to do was push it out a week. I mean there's no way an audition episode of So You Think You Can Dance would have beat it. Not sure what crap ABC plans on putting on Tuesdays after DWTS is done, but I bet it wouldn't have won either, whatever it is (EDIT - Wipeout. In other words... nothing all that great).
    Last edited by Krom; 05-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Is it just me or is this really coming down to Michael and Ashley? Koli will surely be voted off and Daris doesn't have a chance as he's soooo close to his goal weight. If you would have told me this was going to be the likely top 2 at any point of this season I would have laughed. I always expected Ashley to emerge but she never really did. However, her success at home and those 8-10 pound weigh losses really add up I guess.

I didn't expect Michael and Ashley to be in top two. I was leaning more towards Sam. Maybe even the brown team. I really was rooting for Stephanie but oh well.

I liked Michael at first then didn't like him b/c of how he split the teams. But they all play games and if that is the worst he did...then I'm okay with it. You do have to play the game to some extent. Plus it helps that his team didn't totally dominate. I think he is a nice guy and has a long way to go. I don't mind if he wins. I really didn't want another pink win but I have nothing against Ashley. A friend of mine can't stand her. When I asked why she said she rubs her the wrong way for some reason. Guess we all have vices and people that rubs us wrong.

I would love for Daris to win but I don't know if that is possible. We shall see.

FORT Fogey

I agree with not wanting another pink win eventhough I don't have anything against Ashley...even pink won at home (Rebecca)! Let's get a few more colors in the mix or no one will want anything except pink (even the guys) LOL

+ Reply to Thread