+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

They've had Tim Gunn on there a few times. And I thought they'd do that again. It is weird though. Wonder when this episode was taped vs. when Project Runway was taped...maybe he was tied up with Project Runway. But they should have found someone else to help them out. I didn't loose near what they lost and I still find it hard to find clothes that aren't too big or too small b/c I still see myself as bigger. The first time I went shopping....was overwhelming. And I grew up thin. These contestants didn't...for most of them. That makes it even harder.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

does anyone know where I can watch this episode online at? or when NBC posts them online?

I thought it was odd that they gave them the hair/makeup makeovers and then just told them to find outfits on their own. I too missed Tim Gunn.

I didn't recognize Daris at all, he looks so good. I absolutely hated his hair when it wasn't slicked back though

I thought Sam looked a lot better after his makeover, he looked pretty hot all cleaned up and shaven like that. I'm pretty sure they tell them not to shave or get hair cuts so it's a dramatic change.

Overall, I was disappointed in this makeover episode.

Can't wait for the finale, go Ashley!!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbachelorfan7;3896575;
    does anyone know where I can watch this episode online at? or when NBC posts them online?
    NBC has the episodes 6 days after its air date (lame!).

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy444777;3896708;
    NBC has the episodes 6 days after its air date (lame!).
    Are you kidding me? That is lame. All of the other stations post the episodes the day after it airs..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbachelorfan7;3896712;
    Are you kidding me? That is lame. All of the other stations post the episodes the day after it airs..
    Seriously lame.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3894139;
    Ahhhh no one watching it. I am thrilled for Sam and Stephanie being a couple and wanted to talk to others about it. WTG Koli too.
    Karey
    I DVR'd it and just watched last night. I was a bundle of tears during the makeovers and was sad to see Sam go. It was cool to see he is with Stephanie. I hope it works out for them.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Where I live they often show a "rerun" on Saturday....but it is condensed to one hour. So, yay, you don't get to hear people repeat themselves a million times, before the commercial, in a personal interview, and after the commercial.... As in, Michael, if you lose 17 lbs. you will have lost 200 lbs. on the show, more than any other contestant ever, followed by Michael saying, I really want to lose more than 17 lbs. so I'll set a TBL record having lost 200 lbs.., the most ever, followed by, after the commercial, Michael, if you lose 17 lbs. you will have lost 200 lbs. on the show, more than any other contestant ever... and all when you know there is practically zero chance of that happening at this point in the show.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm thinking you could make the argument a pound of feathers and a pound of lead and a pound of aluminum foil weigh the same since a pound is a pound is a pound. But by volume the lead weighs more.

If you take a certain volume of fat and the same volume of muscle, the muscle will weigh more. Gaining muscle while losing fat can result in the scale showing the same number but your clothes will fit much differently.

I personally think it's ridiculous to get all wrapped up in the number on the scale. After all, others don't know what you weigh since no one walks around with a big ol scale around their neck displaying foot-high numbers Sam looks great regardless of what the BMI chart shows.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy444777;3896705;
    I thought it was odd that they gave them the hair/makeup makeovers and then just told them to find outfits on their own. I too missed Tim Gunn.

I didn't recognize Daris at all, he looks so good. I absolutely hated his hair when it wasn't slicked back though

I thought Sam looked a lot better after his makeover, he looked pretty hot all cleaned up and shaven like that. I'm pretty sure they tell them not to shave or get hair cuts so it's a dramatic change.

Overall, I was disappointed in this makeover episode.

Can't wait for the finale, go Ashley!!
    When is the finale?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast