+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I agree with Bearcata and Captain. I've been turned off from Koli and Sunshine both. He did touch me though...when he was encouraging and helping the walkers/runners at the 5K. But still..
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To me, it's not right for two or more people to team up and play for any particular person. It should not be allowed, it puts those playing hard for themselves at a disadvantage, how can one person in competitions have a fair shot at winning when it's two against one or three against one.

Koli and Sam have pulled this several times, so has O'Neal and Sunshine. After a person comes in first they are allowed to go back in and help someone else...not right. It defeats the whole concept of what the show is about, individual progress.

I hope either Koli or Sam goes home next time. I give both credit for losing weight but they are starting to irritate me just as Sunshine and ONeal were starting to grate on me. I'm probably the only one that liked Melissa. The only reason I liked her is because she is the only one that didn't cry all the time, or if she did I didn't see her. When the crying starts I usually turn it off, so, I could have missed Melessa crying. I love this show but have a hard time handling the constant crying. All of them deserve credit for losing weight and trying to live a healthier life. I don't care who wins kidos to all of them.

No, you're not the only one who liked Melissa. I didn't mind her for the simple fact that she was playing the game. I like it when people actually play the game and don't take a backseat. I realize losing the weight is the main goal, but if money has been a struggle in the past than 250K isn't chump change. It could also help buy some excercise equipment or a gym membership to continue and maintain the weightloss. It will also relieve a lot of stress, which can cause a lot of overeating as well.

I also hate the fact that 2 or more people can team up to help one person. I didn't think the cattle thing was at all fair. It should be every man (or woman) for themselves in challenges.

I really like ONeal and Sunshine and respect their closeness, but pul-eaze...enough with the crying and hugging and all that. Sunshine is a grown woman- I thought Jillian talked to her about this a few weeks back about standing on her own feet. It doesn't appear that has taken hold yet. Maybe now that ONeal is gone, she will have that ability.

Koli and Sam irritate me. I'm not quite sure why because they seem like pretty nice guys, but they are very codependant. I don't know if it is to further each other in the game or if that is how they really are, but it's grating at times.

I like Micheal- he cracks me up. I can't wait for him to get that fro cut off- should make for good tv. Daris too. He has flown right under the radar this whole season- very quiet.

I think whomever falls below the yellow line at the next weigh in will determine the final four- depending if it is a yellow and gray or a singleton.

Excited for makeover week....but...um....not too be rude, but I think they are still pretty heavy (except Sam). Aren't they usually much thinner when it's make-over week? I guess they just started with heavier people this season. There is probably more time between the last show and the finale to give them time to work more of the weight off. I think it's usually 4 months? Maybe?

Well enough rambling as I think there is a pan of brownies in the kitchen calling my name. Breakfast of Champions!

i liked melissa too, because she was at least honest about what she was doing. the rest of them SAID they weren't into gameplay, but when push came to shove, mike stacked the blue/black teams, sam played the game with the button, koli played the game with the voting temptation, koli sent home the new girl over the one with weeks of knowledge and experience on the ranch who was closer to her goal, and now everyone knew what would happen if they fell below with a gray or yellow. they're playing the game too, but trying to say they're not. whatever.

next week could be interesting - 3 vs. 3. what happens if, say, ashley falls below the yellow line with sam? we can guess koli and sunshine's votes, and therefore we can guess daris and mike's. perhaps this will equate to a red line scenario - perform or go home
    _(Moo!)

At first I didn't want a pink team girl to win. But as the season progresses I like Ashley more and more. Yes she has cried but NOTHING like Sunshine. And she has been there on her own for a long while. I'm starting to want Daris, Ashley, Michael to be top 3. It wasn't that way at first but this is what I'm wanting now.

I can't wait until next week. I know Ashley still has a long way to go but she is going to be a very beautiful women when all is said and done.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3889396;
    No, you're not the only one who liked Melissa. I didn't mind her for the simple fact that she was playing the game. I like it when people actually play the game and don't take a backseat. I realize losing the weight is the main goal, but if money has been a struggle in the past than 250K isn't chump change. It could also help buy some excercise equipment or a gym membership to continue and maintain the weightloss. It will also relieve a lot of stress, which can cause a lot of overeating as well.

I also hate the fact that 2 or more people can team up to help one person. I didn't think the cattle thing was at all fair. It should be every man (or woman) for themselves in challenges.

I really like ONeal and Sunshine and respect their closeness, but pul-eaze...enough with the crying and hugging and all that. Sunshine is a grown woman- I thought Jillian talked to her about this a few weeks back about standing on her own feet. It doesn't appear that has taken hold yet. Maybe now that ONeal is gone, she will have that ability.

Koli and Sam irritate me. I'm not quite sure why because they seem like pretty nice guys, but they are very codependant. I don't know if it is to further each other in the game or if that is how they really are, but it's grating at times.

I like Micheal- he cracks me up. I can't wait for him to get that fro cut off- should make for good tv. Daris too. He has flown right under the radar this whole season- very quiet.

I think whomever falls below the yellow line at the next weigh in will determine the final four- depending if it is a yellow and gray or a singleton.

Excited for makeover week....but...um....not too be rude, but I think they are still pretty heavy (except Sam). Aren't they usually much thinner when it's make-over week? I guess they just started with heavier people this season. There is probably more time between the last show and the finale to give them time to work more of the weight off. I think it's usually 4 months? Maybe?

Well enough rambling as I think there is a pan of brownies in the kitchen calling my name. Breakfast of Champions!
    Because Shay was on last season the producers ended putting up heavier ladies this season. Ashley has lost over 100lbs and is what in the 250's. She weights now what previous contestants started at before. In a way this scares me as it indicates the show will want bigger and bigger people on it. Michael weighted in at over 500lbs, will there be even heavier contestants in the fall. Will there have to be a cut off and perhaps 2 versions on the show, Biggest Loser Max and Biggest Loser Mini? I hate to think that people may be gaining weight to get on the show because at only a 100lbs overweight that is not enough.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

wow, Bearcata, I never thought of people gaining weight in order to get on the show! What a scarey thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3889396;
    There is probably more time between the last show and the finale to give them time to work more of the weight off. I think it's usually 4 months? Maybe?
    According to Bob's twitter, they finished filming on March 1. The finale is obviously mid-May, so it's more like 2 1/2.

This is a game, and it should be played. That's why I get so annoyed by these contestants who claim that gameplay is so dirty. Why should it be? Yes, The Biggest Loser is a game that changes lives. But at the same time, these guys have to play the strategic game in order to remain on the show in the long run. So in order to change your life, you have to use some gameplay. What's so dirty about it?

Yeah, some people take it to a whole new level. Vicky had the misfortune of being the first one to take it to this level. She was hated for it. But now, we get people like Sunshine, O'Neal, Koli, and Sam, who are so gung-ho about this not being a game. But what are they doing now? Playing the damn game! They come off as hypocrites, each and every one of them. So who's more despicable: the lady who admits the game, or the people who admonish the game but end up playing it?

I go with the latter. That is why I'm hoping for an Ashley win. To see a Yellow or Grey victory would be horrible. I'm not a Daris or Michael fan, but they would be better winners than Y/G.

Are we still doing America's Vote? If so, my ideal F4 would be Ashley and Michael being sent straight through, with Daris and Sunshine being up for the vote. Sunshine would be voted through. It happened with Amanda, it would happen with Sunshine (and does anyone remember Amanda's rehearsed acceptance speech? ). Then Ashley would win because Michael has a long way to go and Sunshine just couldn't keep up percentage-wise. Then with the At-Home competition, Sherry pulls out a shock win, and it's a pink sweep. Oh how great that would be!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

To the Point

The difference is that Vicky & Melissa were pretty much unlikable in EVERY way. There were no obvious redeeming qualities in either woman. Playing the game can be done with out riding your broom the whole way. The game can be played without a sense of nastiness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast