+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I kept thinking how MUCH I'm enjoying these past 2 seasons when Bob/Jillian train all the contestants and there is a very short Blue/Black period... there is so much less animosity, and the contestants seem to work with and support each other for the most part.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch;3888247;
    Oneal is a classy gentleman. He truly has saved his own life.....This is the first season in a long while that I'm sorry to see ANY of the remaining contestants go home. But, I'm sure they all will do well....I believe Sunshine will blossom once she is able to set her own life course..
    Well said. I'm with you on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3888593;
    I kept thinking how MUCH I'm enjoying these past 2 seasons when Bob/Jillian train all the contestants and there is a very short Blue/Black period... there is so much less animosity, and the contestants seem to work with and support each other for the most part.
    I burn out on this show every so often, but I've been watching the last two seasons and have really enjoyed both of them a great deal. They've had really great, inspiring contestants.

Can I just say that I am astonished Mike is still around? If I bet money on who the house would dislike the most AND who was sure to fail at the beginning of the show, I would have said Mike, hands-down. He seemed like such a slacker. But....as time has gone on, I've seen him change. I'm not convinced he won't slide back into his old ways after the show, but I really do like him now-a-days. He seems like a child who is slowly starting to grow up.
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-28-2010 at 03:46 PM.

I'm also very pleased with the contestants this season. Excepting Melissa, I've found these people to be very nice and down-to-earth, and it's easy to root for them all. They are a breath of fresh air among all the greedy schemers on other reality competition programs.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Did anyone else get the feeling that they were almost promising O'Neal that they would keep Sunshine...that whole, she's with family stuff? Will make it hard to kick her out next week if she's below the line again.

And YAY! Makeover week!!!! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3888786;
    Did anyone else get the feeling that they were almost promising O'Neal that they would keep Sunshine...that whole, she's with family stuff? Will make it hard to kick her out next week if she's below the line again.

And YAY! Makeover week!!!! Can't wait!
    I think they were, but I think we already knew that, too. It's been made pretty clear that the yellow and gray teams have an alliance (and by default, the singletons have one, I guess), and the only way a gray would vote against Sunshine is if she was up against Sam or Koli, at which point it would be in the hands of the other singles, and if they were smart, they'd vote off one of the guys.

It's going to be hard for Sunshine to have big weeks. She's getting pretty small. O'Neal probably would have been the better bet, just from an "ability to make it to the finals" standpoint.

Personally I would like to see Koli/Sunshine below the yellow line and they vote off Koli
    There's no place like home!

I actually like both Sam & Koli, but I don't want both of them there in the end.
    I hate it when couples/teams/alliances make it to the end together. They get a smugness that grates on me. Sam & Koli are starting to get that.
    Either one of them, fine, but not together.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Also, I thought Koli's comments about how he was glad Sam sacrificed for him... I forget the exact wording, but it led me to believe that Koli will have a difficult time adjusting to Sam being in a relationship with Stephanie once they leave the ranch.

To the Point

I was really disheatened that Koli played things the way he did the week Stephanie was sent home. I do think that he felt that she was going to distract Sam, or something. I really want to believe that life on the ranch does not truly reflect their relationship off the ranch. I just feel that to some degree their behavior in the game is more protective and clingy/co-dependent than it is outside of these highly inordinate circumstances. Hopefully Koli has a more balanced/healthy relationship with Sam than what it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3888941;
    Personally I would like to see Koli/Sunshine below the yellow line and they vote off Koli
    I too would like to see that happened and preferably next week.

I think both Koli and Sam are too smug and highhanded. They are judging other contestants by their standards of hard work. Not everyone is in the same physical condition and each person has to work to their strengths and weaknesses. Not everyone works the same. Michael has felt the sting of Koli and Sam's disapproval. But Michael weighed in at 500 plus pounds and it was harder for him to move then 400 pound Koli. In one sense it is great to see Koli and Sam be so positive but they are getting a bit judgmental that their way is the only way and it is a bit hard to swallow. Koli's comments to Victoria were very highhanded she still has had to acclimate to the ranch while he has been there for over 10 weeks. I wonder if Koli and Sam had not been chosen as contestants if they would have done anything at home?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-29-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast