+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It became abundantly clear to me last night as to why Koli was behind the drama with Stephanie and planted doubts about her with the girls. He was clearly wanting to get rid of her so Sam would be all his...they could work out together, walk together and spend ALL of their time together. Stephanie was only in the way. At the time, I didn't really understand why Koli did that, it kind of came out of the blue to me, although I figured in the end that there was some jealousy involved though. Little did any of us really know! I know editing can make a situation look worse than it actually is, but I am not sure how much you could edit "in" the level of co-dependency that is going on here. To eat 4100 calories to save someone else?! Did he know that if he fell below the yellow line that it would not have matterd then, he would have lost that privilege of having the only vote. To me, that is an awfully risky move. Lucky for them both it worked out ok...
    I wonder how this is all working out now that they are all off the ranch. I can't imagine Koli letting go too easily.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3882512;
    Me, me! Now the others I am fine with covering up, the sagging skin is getting a bit much, but for some reason Sam has a lot less sag... maybe the muscles are picking up the slack!
    Me three. And his skin (especially on his shoulders/chest) is just so caramelly in colour. Sigh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3882413;
    Uh oh... just last night I was at the store and decided to try a greek yogurt. I grabbed the Yoplait one because it had fewer calories than the "greekier" sounding brand. I hope I'm not disappointed!
    I normally eat Fage and add some fruit and a little agave nectar. It has a really nice thickness to it. I grabbed a Dannon greek yogurt last week and yuck...that's not greek yogurt.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

On people online it has Tara's blog. In it talks about how Koli was able to eat all those calories and still loose 10lbs. It made sense. Another thing I wanted to point out. Notice how she says there isn't a specific day they weigh in. That would explain loosing so much one week vs another week. How did Sam loose 10lbs at the challenge two weeks ago...he weighed in early that week to get immunity but the following week didn't loose anything. Maybe it was b/c he didn't have 10 days between weigh in...maybe he only had two days after the weigh in we say the week before.

Here is her blog...not sure about how to post this correctly so Mods if I screwed up...delete this and I'm sorry.

The Biggest Loser

Tara’s Biggest Loser Blog: Why a High-Calorie Day Is Okay
    April 21, 2010
    You’ve asked — and I am answering the question that I find most relevant to this week’s episode of The Biggest Loser! Tiffany wanted to know about weigh-in days and “free day.” First of all, there is no set day that we weigh in — it all depends on the production schedule. The day that we do weigh in we are allowed to have a limited, high-calorie day with food of our choosing (that’s how it worked on my season). Now, contestants are still allowed a higher calorie day, but with foods that are already in the house. That’s why I feel what Koli did was not too big of a deal.
    This week’s episode began with a temptation. The contestants had an entire day to eat as many calories as they wanted. Whoever ate the most would be the one and only deciding vote at the weigh-in this week. From the start, Koli knew that he was going to eat. He committed to making sure that Sam did not go home and ate over 4,500 calories and won the temptation. People may ask, “How could he do such a thing?” Well, even though he had all those calories on that one day, he still had the highest percentage of weight loss. Which demonstrated a very good point: It is okay to have one high-calorie day, but you better make sure you do what Koli did after that and work your freaking butt off!

The challenge looked really fun this week. Everyone had to build a platform to get to a ladder, which they climbed to reach a flag. The first to reach it won a one-pound advantage at the weigh-in. But last place got a one-pound disadvantage. Did you see Michael’s odd contraption? I thought he was going to actually win this one with all his talk about being in construction! But Daris edged out Sam to win his first challenge of the season. Daris started as a quiet guy but now he is really starting to come out of his shell. He even said he felt like he deserved the win. This is a common trend on the Ranch. The contestants are getting used to being fit in their new bodies and that builds confidence. You can see it in almost everyone in the house.

And then the poop hit the fan! During the challenge, O’Neal fell and re-injured his knee. I thought, “Oh man, he’s screwed.” Getting injured at this point of the game makes it very hard. I thought for sure that was his ticket home. But that was only the beginning of O’Neal’s tough week. He also found out that his oldest brother had passed away from cancer. O’Neal was now in great physical and emotional pain. The odds really seemed to be stacked against him. But like we have seen before, O’Neal kicked butt and fought through the pain. He left excuses at the door and did it for himself and his brother. This was truly incredible to see.

The weigh-in sure did have some surprises in it: Sunshine, who usually puts up great numbers, only lost a pound along with Victoria. Mike wasn’t happy with his five-pound loss either. Ashley felt that she could have lost more as well. When it all came down to it, Koli had to choose between Sunshine and Victoria. He didn’t feel that Victoria was giving her all, so he voted for her to go home. I also think Sam was interested in Victoria leaving because having two allies in the house is better than having one. Anyway, Victoria looked awesome and so did her mom! It’s good to see that they are doing so well at home.

My MVP this week goes to O’Neal — I know it’s probably not a big surprise! –Tara Costa
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jjinkc;3882756;
    It became abundantly clear to me last night as to why Koli was behind the drama with Stephanie and planted doubts about her with the girls. He was clearly wanting to get rid of her so Sam would be all his...they could work out together, walk together and spend ALL of their time together. Stephanie was only in the way. At the time, I didn't really understand why Koli did that, it kind of came out of the blue to me, although I figured in the end that there was some jealousy involved though. Little did any of us really know! I know editing can make a situation look worse than it actually is, but I am not sure how much you could edit "in" the level of co-dependency that is going on here. To eat 4100 calories to save someone else?! Did he know that if he fell below the yellow line that it would not have matterd then, he would have lost that privilege of having the only vote. To me, that is an awfully risky move. Lucky for them both it worked out ok...
    I wonder how this is all working out now that they are all off the ranch. I can't imagine Koli letting go too easily.
    I don't really understand what you are saying. Sam and Koli are family. Nobody would be able to come between them.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3883322;
    I don't really understand what you are saying. Sam and Koli are family. Nobody would be able to come between them.
    I think it makes sense in a way. Koli is so clingy towards Sam that he would've seen Stephanie as a third wheel, and thus he didn't want Sam to spend time with her because then it took away from Sam being with Koli. I know they're family and all, but Koli's acting more like a siamese twin here, it's seriously creepy.

It was VERY apparent to me why Koli did it...and it doesn't matter if you are family or not...there is always jealousy. Ever heard of sibling rivalry? But knowing about Sam and Steph.....it was really obvious what his motivation was. Love Sam....Koli...not so much.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I just watched this episode (thank you DVR!!) and of course ran here to see what everyone else had to say.

I was not really a fan of "Sam and Koli" until this week. As family members who came on a "couples" show it makes perfect sense to me they'd do what it takes to protect each other's staying in the game. Sam is definitely in pretty consistent danger of falling below the yellow line. He doesn't have anywhere near as much fat to lose as anyone else in the game. He's gaining muscle now (which is totally obvious by looking at him) and that will put a real crimp on his weight loss numbers. He's done a great job and has really transformed himself but at his current place in the weight loss / body transformation journey there's no way he's going to LOSE as much weight (# of pounds OR bodyweight %) as someone like Michael. Even if Jillian or Bob or anyone else feels that Sam doesn't need to be there, his journey is not over and his personal need to be there is just as strong as say Michael's. Ok sure Michael is still dangerously overweight but Sam was in that same place before, has worked very hard and doesn't "deserve" to go home any more than someone else who has worked just as hard. As for how close Sam and Koli are, I believe quite a bit of that is cultural. In my family, we're not at all close so I don't get it like some others might but I respect it tremendously.

The whole Sunshine and O'Neal thing drives me nuts. N-U-T-S nuts! She's 24 and acts like she's 4. He's a grown man who is so ridiculously emotional I don't know how he gets through daily life. Obviously he's used food... and Sunshine... as a crutch for at least the last 24 years. I mean for heaven's sake, he thinks the sun rises and sets on this daughter of his and sorry but if anyone is co-dependent on this show it's these two. If you look up the term co-dependent in the dictionary I believe you'll find a picture of Sunshine and O'Neal smiling and waving.

Lastly, about greek yogurt. Yoplait is pretty much the worst of the lot. It may have "double the protein" but that's not saying a whole lot. Chobani brand has 18g of protein per carton while Yoplait has 14. Nutritionally Chobani has less cholesterol, less sodium, fewer carbohydrates and less sugar than the Yoplait brand. Don't get me wrong, I love Fage' too but it's sooooo much more expensive than the Chobani brand which I eat practically every day... mix in a packet of Splenda and some fresh fruit and oh it's mega yummy!

Anyway... It's nice to see Sam and Koli being so nice and respectful with O'Neal. And of course that also trickles down to Sunshine since she is so UBER important to him. No way would Koli vote her off. Only way she was going home would've been to be below the yellow line WITH Sam or for her to gain weight (which I believe automatically sends you home).

Regardless, I wish them ALL nothing but the best. They've ALL done a great job!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3883573;
    I just watched this episode (thank you DVR!!) and of course ran here to see what everyone else had to say.

I was not really a fan of "Sam and Koli" until this week. As family members who came on a "couples" show it makes perfect sense to me they'd do what it takes to protect each other's staying in the game. Sam is definitely in pretty consistent danger of falling below the yellow line. He doesn't have anywhere near as much fat to lose as anyone else in the game. He's gaining muscle now (which is totally obvious by looking at him) and that will put a real crimp on his weight loss numbers. He's done a great job and has really transformed himself but at his current place in the weight loss / body transformation journey there's no way he's going to LOSE as much weight (# of pounds OR bodyweight %) as someone like Michael. Even if Jillian or Bob or anyone else feels that Sam doesn't need to be there, his journey is not over and his personal need to be there is just as strong as say Michael's. Ok sure Michael is still dangerously overweight but Sam was in that same place before, has worked very hard and doesn't "deserve" to go home any more than someone else who has worked just as hard. As for how close Sam and Koli are, I believe quite a bit of that is cultural. In my family, we're not at all close so I don't get it like some others might but I respect it tremendously.

The whole Sunshine and O'Neal thing drives me nuts. N-U-T-S nuts! She's 24 and acts like she's 4. He's a grown man who is so ridiculously emotional I don't know how he gets through daily life. Obviously he's used food... and Sunshine... as a crutch for at least the last 24 years. I mean for heaven's sake, he thinks the sun rises and sets on this daughter of his and sorry but if anyone is co-dependent on this show it's these two. If you look up the term co-dependent in the dictionary I believe you'll find a picture of Sunshine and O'Neal smiling and waving.

Lastly, about greek yogurt. Yoplait is pretty much the worst of the lot. It may have "double the protein" but that's not saying a whole lot. Chobani brand has 18g of protein per carton while Yoplait has 14. Nutritionally Chobani has less cholesterol, less sodium, fewer carbohydrates and less sugar than the Yoplait brand. Don't get me wrong, I love Fage' too but it's sooooo much more expensive than the Chobani brand which I eat practically every day... mix in a packet of Splenda and some fresh fruit and oh it's mega yummy!

Anyway... It's nice to see Sam and Koli being so nice and respectful with O'Neal. And of course that also trickles down to Sunshine since she is so UBER important to him. No way would Koli vote her off. Only way she was going home would've been to be below the yellow line WITH Sam or for her to gain weight (which I believe automatically sends you home).

Regardless, I wish them ALL nothing but the best. They've ALL done a great job!
    As far as the greek yogurt is concerned after the fruit I put about 1 oz of a Planters Health brand (of nuts) on top and wow is that good.

I get the 16oz tub and measure out portions, that helps as far as the expense goes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Okay, I tried the Yoplait greek yogurt today... sooooooo not impressed! I'm glad to hear you guys say that's not how it all is because I would not be eating it again! I ate about half and it did fill me up more than my usual Fiber One or Light n Fit but it almost had a chalky after taste. It made me want to brush my teeth and tongue. Are they always so thick, too? I didn't mind it but it threw me off at first and it was much harder to stir. I certainly firgured out why it was more filling. I've seen the Chobani around here but Fage does not ring a bell. But, because you guys say so, I will look for a non-Yoplait brand and give a (hopefully) more authentic one a try. Thanks, guys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast