+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/6 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3873500;
    And he hasn't become a trainer...yet
    Funny.

Reg. Melissa, my two cents are that this show is marketed as a show about changing lives via weight loss. It's not a show about winning money, e.g. "in it to win it". Still, money is at stake and it's a good chunk of change. While I'm sure that many contestants start the show with weight loss in mind, I think it's only natural to aim for the money too.

In fact, I imagine there are some who go on the show just for the money. Melissa may be one of those. And, there may be good reason for this. Where Melissa is concerned, I tend to think a little of both is at work here. It is her husband who lost his job because of his weight and Melissa does seem to be pushing him into getting back on track. IMO, I don't think this is unreasonable. Seems to me her family's well-being (and hence her marriage) is at stake if this guy doesn't turn it around.

Melissa's problem is that she says certain things out loud. Even though they may be the same things many of the others are thinking/going through themselves, her delivery - and timing - were off. It's this approach that makes her so abrasive and dislked by the others.

Rather a foolhardy approach if her end goal was really to win the money. My armchair psychoanalysis is that she wants out of her marriage. The money, the pushing of her husband, etc. are just floundering attempts at trying to find a solution where there is none.

Reg. Miggy....she is the most angry person I've ever seen (her daughter = #2). I would like to have seen her stay on the show and get some counseling to work through some of her demons. That would have been very interesting - and probably very relatable to many viewers who struggle with weight as a means of dealing with certain emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3874502;
    Funny.

Reg. Melissa, my two cents are that this show is marketed as a show about changing lives via weight loss. It's not a show about winning money, e.g. "in it to win it". Still, money is at stake and it's a good chunk of change. While I'm sure that many contestants start the show with weight loss in mind, I think it's only natural to aim for the money too.

In fact, I imagine there are some who go on the show just for the money. Melissa may be one of those. And, there may be good reason for this. Where Melissa is concerned, I tend to think a little of both is at work here. It is her husband who lost his job because of his weight and Melissa does seem to be pushing him into getting back on track. IMO, I don't think this is unreasonable. Seems to me her family's well-being (and hence her marriage) is at stake if this guy doesn't turn it around.

Melissa's problem is that she says certain things out loud. Even though they may be the same things many of the others are thinking/going through themselves, her delivery - and timing - were off. It's this approach that makes her so abrasive and dislked by the others.

Rather a foolhardy approach if her end goal was really to win the money. My armchair psychoanalysis is that she wants out of her marriage. The money, the pushing of her husband, etc. are just floundering attempts at trying to find a solution where there is none.

Reg. Miggy....she is the most angry person I've ever seen (her daughter = #2). I would like to have seen her stay on the show and get some counseling to work through some of her demons. That would have been very interesting - and probably very relatable to many viewers who struggle with weight as a means of dealing with certain emotions.
    I think you have touched on something here. I don't think it is just angry but a couple of things as well and the only way she knows how to emote is with anger. I personally don't think it would be pleasant to be on the ranch with her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3873548;
    I wonder if Danny has had his surgery yet? That appearance on The Doctors was a while ago now...no idea how long it takes to recover from that kind of procedure, though.
    And I wonder if he'll talk about it on TBL.... For the excess skin, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456