+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 3/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I understand this is a show about losing weight, but come on it is also about $250.000 Melissa is right. We all saw Koli play the game last night. He planted the idea in others about Stephanie you could tell by his reaction to remarks from Stephanie. Time to get off their kumbaya feelings and get into game or they will go home one by one and Melissa will be standing alone. Every time I hear O'Neal, Sam, Michael, Bob talk all I hear is Blah blah blah.
    There's no place like home!

Captain - the only problem with what you are saying is that I have heard Bob say that from season's past - it is the game players that traditionally put the weight back on.

Also - looking back on players you would consider the game players - none of them have ever won. In the end, you have to rely on popularity as well as the scale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Watching all that with Koli I was wondering if that was editing, that maybe he did that AFTER Sam and Steph were in the bottom 2? And then the other women confronted Steph? I agree something else must have been going on before that for Steph to have her cloudburst at the gym with Jillian (during which I think she did not mention that they were accusing her of throwing the previous weigh in--but please correct me if I"m wrong--which I would have thought she would have done if that had just happened), but it just seemed way too weird for Koli to do that to Sam out of the blue.
    The theory that Steph would throw a weigh in in order to get rid of their one older woman... why would she ever throw a weigh in? Yes, the older woman was the person on the team who had the highest percentage of loss, so she could be seen as a "threat", but it is way too early to decimate your team I'd have thought. Steph has had a lot of low weight loss weeks, nothing unusual for her, and not surprising that she does better the next week and then badly this week. Does Koli also thing she threw this week? As a single?
    His behavior does make sense if it was done POST weigh in to save Sam. If he was misedited like that if I were him I'd be furious at TBL. And on the phone to Steph to explain what really happened. Of course if he was misedited where did they get that really cold interview with him where he's saying she's a game player and kind of dead to him.... What question could they have asked to elicit that if he didn't believe it?
    I guess he could have done it because he was worrying that Sam and Steph would both be below the line, some advance planning, but that seems like a long shot.

I did wonder if, no matter when it was done, Sam would be all that thrilled by Koli's behavior. Certainly if Koli really did it before the weigh in that's got to create some tension in paradise. How is Steph going to feel about Sam's family now? Is she going to be thinking they all think she's a game player? The fact that she seemed so happy and in love indicates that (until last night at least) she had no idea Koli tried to sabatoge her like that.

What we are forgetting is basically Stephanie has been on her own for quite some time and was able to stay in the game. She must not have been that much of a backstabber for it just now to come up. I still believe Koli did it just to stir the pot.

I think Koli did it out of jealousy and to stir the pot. I don't Stephanie was playing the game.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

There is an article in people about Stephanie and Sam. I sure hope I post this right...

The Biggest Loser

Biggest Loser’s Stephanie: How I Fell In Love with Sam
    April 1, 2010
    After being eliminated on Tuesday’s episode of The Biggest Loser, Stephanie Anderson, the 29-year-old radio sales executive from West Hollywood, still has plenty to smile about. She spoke to reporters Wednesday about finding love with costar Sam, her total weight loss of 96 lbs., and resolving drama from the show. –Nina Tyler

When did your relationship with Sam begin?
    There was definitely a flirtation very early on and we became friends and started hanging out and working out. I was more capable than some of the [other] contestants at the time in terms of my cardio level and I could never quite keep up with Sam but I always felt that he pushed me to be better. We just had fun together. It was about week three that we were all hanging out, having a little dance party in the rumpus room and then one by one everyone went to bed and Sam and I were just talking and I was like, “I really like this guy but I don’t want to mess things up. We’re having so much fun as friends.” Once I realized that I really genuinely liked him, I just decided to let my guard down.

Are you surprised that more of your relationship with Sam wasn’t shown on the show?
    Sam and I formed a really great friendship and it fell into like, and then it fell into love. The show is not Survivor. This is not Big Brother. This is The Biggest Loser. They don’t showcase a romance because that truly isn’t what this show is about. It’s about our efforts and about our transformations, and about our overcoming obstacles, so we were aware that they weren’t going to showcase Sam and I. Obviously in the beginning– as a woman who’s never been in love — I was happy that they weren’t going to show it because it’s very personal. I’m happy now to share with everyone because I am genuinely and truly the happiest I’ve ever been.

What do you and Sam do together for fun?
    When we get the chance to hang out, we love hiking — that became a passion of both of ours. I’ve found a new love for the outdoors. I like to be outside with Sam. We love spin class. We just like laughing. That sounds so cliché but I have a blast with Sam … He’s a genuinely great guy.

Has the drama been resolved between you, Ashley, Koli, and Andrea?
    The situation came to light just recently. Watching the show was one of the first times I saw what was happening behind the scenes with Koli and with the girls. Ashley and Andrea have both called to reach out to me and apologize. They both have said they were wrong and that they were sorry and they’re genuine apologies. I believe that they feel that they were misguided and they were. I didn’t know such things that were described of me — I didn’t throw the weigh-in, I didn’t manipulate the game. I wasn’t playing the game. In terms of Koli, it hasn’t been resolved. I’m definitely looking forward to a chance to have that resolved in the future.

How is the balance between time for work and time for fitness?
    The balance is really tough. I’m working out everyday. I’m eating on my plan. I’ve had a few slip-ups here and there of just not wanting to go work out or if I don’t write down my calories or keep close enough track and that’s real life. That’s going to happen but then I hop right back on [track]. I haven’t gotten fast food. I haven’t binged. I haven’t cheated. I mean, have I had a bite of ice cream? Yeah. A quart of ice cream? No. I’m just really trying to stay focused on finding that balance.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

At least we know that Koli was just stirring the pot. I am curious what Sam has to say about Koli's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3868046;
    At least we know that Koli was just stirring the pot. I am curious what Sam has to say about Koli's involvement.
    Me too. That has to put a strain on their relationship. I just hope they all can put it behind them....but Koli needs to apologize to Sam and Stephanie....he has some butt kissing to do.....

FORT Regular

I'm still unsure whether or not she game played. Just because she says she didn't game play doesn't mean she didn't. Melissa conitnues to deny that we threw those weigh-ins, but we all pretty much know she's lying. Koli may have planted a seed of doubt (for whatever reason - Ashley wanted to talk to him because she was feeling something not quite right with Stephanie), but if Ashley and Drea truely had faith in her, then they wouldn't have voted for her. They must've been specualting was up too. To go from 2-4 pounds weight loss on average to a 9 pound loss to a 1 pound weight loss is kinda fishy. Just like Melissa going from a one pound average loss to having that one big loss then to a one pound gain.

I don't think Steph was game-playing. It would have been a dumb time to do it. Why would you want to try to make your team lose? They weren't at singles yet. The best thing to do would be try your hardest so that your team doesn't fall below the yellow line. I think Koli was just playing the game, for whatever reason. IMO he wanted to get her off because his cousin was starting to like her. I also don't think it was smart on their part to get rid of Steph, because I don't think she can win and Sam is a much bigger threat. It was so weird that Koli went after her before his cousin was up against her in elimination. It sure did help Sam in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456